Page 346 of 502 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336 344 345 346 347 348 356 396 446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 7520

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

So our defense is still dogshit I see. Yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Same ol poorly coached team. Go Avs.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Roy needs to hire someone on the defensive side or he isn't going to be around much longer. Absolutely baffling how poor this team has been last night and all of last year in the defensive end. Avs can't even do a simple breakout without f'n that up half the time.

Also, crazy to see a Roy coached team get outworked throughout the game because the opponent was better conditioned. That was just disappointing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

2 goals on 5 shots. Ouch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

3-3 at the end of two. Watching it on the Dallas Fox Sports channel. Didn't think I'd get it down here but I do. Pretty good game so far. Mack is an animal. Duchene has disappeared. Seven goals scored in 1 2/3 game and he doesn't have a point while Landy, Iginla, Mack, EJ and Beauch have had points in both.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Man...Beauch has five assists in two games and he's not even an offensive defenseman.

Clearly this time can score. They have nine goals at this point through two games. If they can consistently score while figuring out their defense they'll be alright. Roy needs to coach this team to success. So much young talent.

7. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

6 goals. First line seems unstoppable. Mackinnon keeps getting better and better. Need to lock him up long-term.

F'n great game tonight.

This was the first game in as far as I remember where Colorado put themselves in some sticky moments, took it personal, and did something about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Wow, I guess Roussel hasn't gotten beat up enough tonight... LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    6 goals. First line seems unstoppable. Mackinnon keeps getting better and better. Need to lock him up long-term.
    I'd say Mitchell's line was a 1b tonight. They have been very good both games. To think that was Colorado's 4th line to start the season. Just a hard working group of guys that play like honeybadger and don't give a ****.

12. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I'd say Mitchell's line was a 1b tonight. They have been very good both games. To think that was Colorado's 4th line to start the season. Just a hard working group of guys that play like honeybadger and don't give a ****.
    I agree. That 4th line looks really good. Skille was an incredibly good signing, looks really solid and fast. Cody is still incredibly interesting. Just when you think he's nothing more than a thug (and proving it), he decides to play good hockey.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Very pleased with the win. Landry's last goal was sweet but if it wasn't for Mack's playing soccer with the puck that goal never happens. Heck of an offensive showing.

I had a debilitating headache last night. Never get those, so I missed the game. From your replies it seems like we did good. Anything or anyone stand out? How was the D? Did we step it up this time?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I had a debilitating headache last night. Never get those, so I missed the game. From your replies it seems like we did good. Anything or anyone stand out? How was the D? Did we step it up this time?
    The first 2 periods was pretty typical of the Avs last year or so. Slow start to both periods, gave up the early goal (20 seconds into game), had moments of lethargic and being dominated, and had moments of domination. They were outshot pretty bad again through first 2. Once thing I notice with Colorado is when they are in the offensive zone they do a lot of hard work along the boards, and they miss the net when they shoot, so the shots aren't really a good indicator of them being dominated because they have their moments.

The end of the second and the third were like a role reversal of the Wild game. Colorado just dominated them.

Passing was really really good all game. Eric Johnson and Beauchman are already a really strong pairing and work well together. Passing last night was as good as I have seen under Roy.

Our breakout was also the best all night that I have seen under Roy. No panicking and throwing the puck out of zone and losing control around the blue line or neutral zone. They were patient and they worked the puck out.

Dallas had a couple iffy goals to go up 3-1, and the Avs had moments of struggling but they weren't getting dominated. But at that point instead of panicking and trying to force things, they simply just played harder, and more aggressive and put constant pressure on Dallas. Dallas was so tired by halfway through the 3rd period when it was a 1 goal game that they couldn't even apply any pressure to try for the tie. Avs kept taking it to them and got 2 more goals. Avs could have had 3 more goals they had 3 really nice shots that beat the goalie and hit the post.

I think this team will have no issues scoring this year. I do think they will have issues tightening up on the defensive zone, and so far Varly hasn't been as crisp as he was last year. It's like wired things keep happening with him, Minnesota scored 3 goals on Thursday that went off the pipe and went in. Yesterday they scored 20 seconds into the game before Varly even had a chance to settle in, and it was a weak effort by Rantanaan (I don't understand why that line started but whatever) in the defensive zone and they got a man in on the goal and scored.

17. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Once again Colorado has the Dallas kryptonite. I really think we could play you guys at power play for 60 minutes and still find a way to lose. Just weird.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information