Page 343 of 502 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

There goes Saad. Was hoping the avs might sign him to an offer sheet. He got traded to the blows....blues.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

We had to move Bickell and Sharp before FA started in order to sign Saad. We didn't do that, which was obviously a mistake, and as a result we traded a 22 year old kid who is already becoming a star that is also still improving each year to a rival team. We got awful value. Awful. ******* horrible. On top of all of that we're still stuck with an aging brute who can't seem to find the front of the net to stand in and an aging sniper whose skills are dropping faster than Enron stock back in the day.

This is a horrible, horrible day.

Blue jackets. not blues, my bad
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

I figured you knew. This is shit.

I read it wrong on my phone when I got the text.

I really wanted him and thought we may have a chance at signing him to an offer sheet. Oh well. Its better for my avs this way, but I am a hawks fan too so it does suck.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

That guy is so young. His play right now probably isn't worth the 6.5 million a year that he wants, but it very easily could be. Especially on a young team with a lot of guys with low end contracts. I really had hoped that we could keep him at five million a year because if he keeps getting better he can be an incredible player.

Meanwhile, an aging Sharpie and beleaguered Bickell are on the roster.

Avs sign Beuchemin and Comeau....Solid signing for both. We got Beuch for really cheap...4.5per I think. Anaheim had him as their #1 defenseman and they offered 5+....Not sure why he chose us but glad he did.

Rumors are we may be done for the day. Id still like to see Oduya or another D man headed our way. We shall see.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Yep, thats it. We are all done with the FA frenzy. We have 12+mil in cap space and are done. My only hope is that Radulov will forgo his KHL contract and come play for us. Rumors are that next year when he is out of contract he will come play with us.

The best news of this FA frenzy is that Matt Hunwick was signed by the Maple Leafs. He is the waaaaaaay worse Tony Carter to broncos as he is to Avalanche for those who dont know. Glad to see him not have a chance at being back with us.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We had to move Bickell and Sharp before FA started in order to sign Saad. We didn't do that, which was obviously a mistake, and as a result we traded a 22 year old kid who is already becoming a star that is also still improving each year to a rival team. We got awful value. Awful. ******* horrible. On top of all of that we're still stuck with an aging brute who can't seem to find the front of the net to stand in and an aging sniper whose skills are dropping faster than Enron stock back in the day.

This is a horrible, horrible day.
    Unfortunately the 'hawks were warned that there was going to be an offer sheet on Saad, it was 6 years at $40 million... there was no possibility of them matching it so they had to make a trade, According the the Blue Jackets manager, the Blackhawks came to them and had been trying to trade for Anisimov all season.

Losing Saad is horrible but I actually think they got a lot in return, considering the bind they were in.
    Last edited by weazel; 07-03-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

10. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Ryan O'Reilly charged with impaired driving in Ontario after he crashed his truck in to a building. LOL!!!

Good riddance.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

12. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Ryan O'Reilly charged with impaired driving in Ontario after he crashed his truck in to a building. LOL!!!

Good riddance.
    I didn't even know we traded O'Reilly until this week! I think it happened while I was on vacation in SD a few weeks ago so I completely missed it, then I read reports about the Sabres Ryan O'Reilly getting a DUI and was like WTF?

What kind of a haul did we get for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I didn't even know we traded O'Reilly until this week! I think it happened while I was on vacation in SD a few weeks ago so I completely missed it, then I read reports about the Sabres Ryan O'Reilly getting a DUI and was like WTF?

What kind of a haul did we get for him?

A very very good one. I love the trade and ROR was my fav avs player too.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    A very very good one. I love the trade and ROR was my fav avs player too.
    Break it down for me, por favor.

Radar and Mcginn to buffalo for Zidorev, Grigorenko, TJ Comph and a 2nd rd pick in the draft (which we then traded to San Jose- 9 spots down and got our guy plus the picks we sent last year to San Jose for brad stuart. So we basically got Stuart for free essentially. This will give a little info:

http://www.koaa.com/story/29421148/a...lly-to-buffalo

Zidorev is a huge 6'5 230 and he is raw but super talented. He was the 16th pick overall last year and he will grow into a stud. He also plays very physical- something we have lacked as you know.

Grigs- he is an allstar 3rd line C. He wanted to go back to russia to play as he was unhappy with buffalo but here he said he is renewed and excited. He is a very good player. He hasnt put it all together yet but for a 3rd line C he is awesome.....Think of it like Brad Roby as the 3rd cb for us. He is not a top line guy, yet but certainly could be, where he is now he is one of the best on the ice.

TJ- im most excited about him. This is the guy Buffalo traded up for in the draft. He is small and gritty but for some reason he scores and puts up lots of points. He could be a Theo Fluerry or Johnny Gudreua (spelling)...or he could be a danny highnote. He is a captain I think for Michigan and you dont do that unless you can play.

We now have Beucheman and EJ, Zidorev (who could turn into an EJ) and Barrie. Our top 4 D looks real solid now! Just cross your fingers that Roy can lure Radulov back next year. If so we are going to be real real good. For now, if the new guys play like they should we should be in the playoffs for sure- on paper.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Avalanche announces pre-sale for outdoor game vs. Red Wings

The Avalanche and the NHL Monday announced that pre-sale for ticket packages tied to the Feb. 27 (6 p.m.) outdoor game against the Detroit Red Wings at Coors Field will begin next Monday.

Pre-sale packages, which also include the Feb. 26 (5 p.m.) alumni game matching Avalanche and Red Wings squads drawn from 1996-2002 rosters during the heyday of the rivalry, will be available to full-season ticket holders, suite holders and sponsors.

Avalanche participants in the Alumni Game are scheduled to include Hall of Famers Joe Sakic, Patrick Roy, Peter Forsberg and Rob Blake. Detroit Hall of Famers Chris Chelios, Brendan Shanahan and Igor Larionov, plus upcoming 2015 inductee Nicklas Lidstrom, are scheduled to play for the Red Wings.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...-outdoor-coors

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information