Page 328 of 502 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 338 378 428 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I hope the Avs sign O'Reilly
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 07-01-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Adrian Dater @adater · 27s

Avs likely out on Niskanen. Only $10 mil under cap, O'Reilly and Barrie still unsigned. Unless they deal one of them

Adrian Dater @adater · 10m

I don't see where McLeod fits into Avs lineup anymore. But he's got one year left on deal. Possible trade bait

Retweeted by Adrian Dater
    Mike Chambers @MikeChambers · 13m

According to @capgeek the #Avs jumped to 12th payroll & just $10M under cap w/ 22 players signed. O'Reilly & Barrie still RFA. No Niskanen

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Niskanen is looking for a max contract. Heard a rumor he turned down 7/49 offer from Tampa.

dater thinks that bordelouex and jamie winchester would make the team over codymac....I say BS!!! I didnt even know who winchester was....He does have a 1 way contract tho. I doubt cody goes anywhere. Dater is just not that good at this sometimes. Burger bill like.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Niskanen is looking for a max contract. Heard a rumor he turned down 7/49 offer from Tampa.

Yep, avs are all done. Its a wrap. Have to re-sign our two guys and thats it. If we do not then I could see us make a play, but I doubts it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Avs get Iginla, lose Stastny. Are the Avs are a better team than they were yesterday?

I think so. One thing is for sure: the Avs are a more, ahem, experienced team than they were yesterday. Since Monday afternoon, the Avs have added Daniel Briere (36), Jarome Iginla (37 today) and Brad Stuart (34) and lost Paul Stastny (28), P.A. Parenteau (30) and Andre Benoit (30), not to mention Brad Malone (25).

The Avs also added Jesse Winchester (30) from Florida. He could be your new fourth-line center, though it’s more likely he’ll be a winger. That’s mostly where he played with the Panthers.

OK, here’s what I really think: I think the Avs are a bigger and tougher team than they were before. Their dressing room has more guys who have been there before. Yes, it’s an older room now. Iginla, Briere, Stuart, etc., have seen their best days already, almost certainly. Yes, losing Stastny, especially to the division rival Blues, was a tough loss. And the Avs can’t sit and feel too self-righteous now about losing him, because they clearly tried to get him back, right up until the final day. And, yes, the Avs essentially gambled and lost with Stastny. They decided to keep him at the trade deadline, their last chance to get something in return for him, and hope that 1, they might win a Stanley Cup this year with him and/or 2, hope their offer over the summer would be good enough to keep him. It wasn’t.
    rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2014...sterday/18756/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Yep, avs are all done. Its a wrap. Have to re-sign our two guys and thats it. If we do not then I could see us make a play, but I doubts it.
    We are too...at least until we can dump Gonchar and/or Cole.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Isn't Iginla like 1000 years old? I didn't really see him play last year... Is he still the same guy?

I thought Paranteau was a turnover machine in the playoffs, so I don't mind seeing him go. I'm sure Stastny will go have a 50 goal year for St. Louis now.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Isn't Iginla like 1000 years old? I didn't really see him play last year... Is he still the same guy?

I thought Paranteau was a turnover machine in the playoffs, so I don't mind seeing him go. I'm sure Stastny will go have a 50 goal year for St. Louis now.
    He scored 30 on a decent Boston team. He'll be 37 soon and one of the biggest issues with power forwards is you never really know when the motor is going to quit on them. I'd still expect 20-25 goals from him if he stays healthy and motivated.

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Adrian Dater @adater · 8s

Iginla, relationship with Sakic "definitely had something to do with it"

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Adrian Dater @adater · 14s

Iginla "I plan on working as hard as ever this summer...not to be arrogant, but I think I can still be very good."

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Im pumped about iginla....He has been a 30+ scorer for the past 1000 years. I think he had a 28 and 29 goals scored in his worst years in there as well.....

On our team he should easily be able to hit that, imo. And probably near the same for assists. He also had like 116 hits last year!!!

Like a Boss!

Not sure if they are going to split him with mack, or put him out with tangay...Itll be interesting to see. I definitely think he has enough in the tank to equal stats and throw the body around. He seems to start of the years slowly tho, but all that matters is post season. He can show our guys how to step it up in the playoffs.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

15. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Adrian Dater @adater · 46s

Alex Tanguay played a role in recruiting Iginla. Former teammates and buds in Calgary

Adrian Dater @adater · 13s

Red Wings snubbed on free agent day http://www.freep.com/article/2014070...gs-free-agency

Adrian Dater @adater · 23s

Iginla didn't want to be on another one-year deal, wants to feel like he'll be in one solid place for a while

Adrian Dater @adater · 54s

Iginla: Colorado's very strong youth hockey program played a part in his decision. Kids are 10, 8 and 6

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

17. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Paul Stastny press conference: Leaving Avs a “tough decision”

This transcript of Paul Stastny’s press conference (on a phone conference call I believe) comes courtesy of St. Louis Post-Dispatch Blues beat writer Jeremy Rutherford. Thanks to Jeremy.
    Sounds like it came right down to the Avs vs. Blues for Stastny, but in the end money and some old connections won the day with him.

STASTNY: “It’s a tough decision. I was in a good position. I had good teams interested in me, and obviously the Avs were always one of those teams. I think in the end, you almost have to take a step back, take all of the emotions out of it and try to realize what’s best for me hockey-wise, not just next year, but two or three or four years down the road. My family — my fiancee and I — thought that probably going to St. Louis would probably be the best hockey decision for me.”

Familiar with organization, talk to anybody to get answers about Blues?

“It’s such a small world that if I needed (answers) … people talk and word gets around real fast, so you know what organizations, what aren’t, which ones are turning the right way, which ones are kind of going the other way. To me, I just kind of knew growing up in St. Louis, what kind of organization it was … obviously they’ve had a change in ownership, they rebuilt and now they’re back to where they were before. Guys that have played there or guys who were traded there have nothing but good things to say … it doesn’t surprise me because we all kind of know in this league where the places are that are positives and the places that are negative.”
    rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2014...ecision/18772/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Retweeted by Adrian Dater
    Paul O'Leary @poleary19 · 12m

@adater Produced more at 36 than Stastny at 27,we paid less and for shorter term,he'll teach the kids how to be pros. He's a winner

Adrian Dater @adater · 16m

Iginla had the most goals of any prospective free agent. But go ahead, bash him more

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information