Page 319 of 502 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 317 318 319 320 321 329 369 419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Hochman: Avs' Nathan MacKinnon changes the way hockey games end

This sport. It wrenches hearts, stomps on them — stops them, even. This sport is cool and cruel, a thrill ride that everyone is "this tall to ride." This sport, which had me typing "burgundy and booooo" on my screen, then just minutes later had me typing Ctrl-A, Backspace, because sometimes in hockey, I'm sorry, but fluke is more important than fakes or forechecks. And here we are, simultaneously high and hung over, and it has nothing to do with anything except the exploits of Nathan MacKinnon, the face of Colorado's franchise who was born just before the franchise began play in Colorado.

The Avs, up three games to two, will win this series. Honestly — honestly — I thought the Avs could win this thing even if they had lost Game 5, which of course MacKinnon won against Minnesota 4-3 with an overtime game-winner that he'll be talking about when he's 36. (which is twice his current age — think about that for a second). I mean, what's more "Avs-y" than them winning this series? So often this season, the Avs have stunned us. Shoot, they surprised us just by not being terrible. They surprised us by besting the Blues and Blackhawks and, more specifically, by winning numerous spring games after trailing late. Like there's-no-way-they-can-win-this late. Some of the wins were simply inexplicable. Such as, you know, Saturday's win, which was Saturday's loss until late.

What happened? To paraphrase their chanting fans during the national anthem, the Avs' swag was still there.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci...y-hockey-games

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Patrick Roy on Matt Duchene for Game 6: “We’re going to take a serious look at it”

Resilient Avalanche rallies to beat the Minnesota Wild 4-3 in overtime to win Game 5 and take a 3-2 series lead. Game 6 is Monday in St. Paul and it looks like Colorado leading scorer Matt Duchene is scheduled to play. Today marks the month anniversary of when he strained an MCL knee ligament, and the sixth consecutive day he has been skating. The morning skate was his first full skate with his teammates since the injury.

“We’re going to take a serious look at it,” Avs coach Patrick Roy said of Duchene’s Game 6 availability.
    rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2014...us-look/18030/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

3. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Avs' Matt Duchene likely to begin on fourth line vs. Minnesota Wild

Matt Duchene, the Avs' dynamic center and leading scorer in the regular season, was the last player off the ice Sunday at the team's practice facility and is likely to make his postseason debut vs. the Wild at Minnesota in Game 6 of their first-round playoff series Monday night.

Colorado coach Patrick Roy said a decision on playing Duchene will be made after the morning skate Monday, and if he plays for the first time in a little more than a month he will begin on the fourth line and be used primarily on the power play.

"But don't tell anybody," Roy joked about how he intends to utilize Duchene.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...fourth-line-vs

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

That's great news Carol. I'm so glad for Matt....this time have got to be killing him. I really hope he gets to play a few minutes and that he has healed enough and has enough stamina to be a factor.
    Getting Stoked

7. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Hope they can close it out tonight! Series against the Blackhawks will be epic.

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Hope they can close it out tonight! Series against the Blackhawks will be epic.
    YOU jinxed it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

come on avs, get it done in the third and close these bitches out. . .

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Good game was nice to see them play well after the other 2 games in Minnesota.

Game 7.

Anything can happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I'm glad game 7 is here. I thought they had it from the second to mid way of the 3rd period. So come on Avs go get them on Weds.. GO AVS!!!!
    Getting Stoked

Pepsi Center needs to be absolutely insane on Wednesday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I really hope they can close it out against the Wild. Would suck to lose in the first series.

I can't watch the ******* games anymore. I do ok when I am driving and listening to it on the radio, but the minute I turn it on and start watching it, the Wild score. So, I will be listening on Wednesday, not watching. I'm superstitious as hell when it comes to sports.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I can't watch the ******* games anymore. I do ok when I am driving and listening to it on the radio, but the minute I turn it on and start watching it, the Wild score. So, I will be listening on Wednesday, not watching. I'm superstitious as hell when it comes to sports.
    My wife pulled that shit the other night. Stars are up 4-2, then she comes home and in 10 minutes we lose.

22. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

GEM

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information