Page 318 of 502 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

We are afraid to get hit
    We are getting out hustled to every puck
    We telegraph all our passes
    We cannot break into the zone because they are cheating at the blue line cuz we won't adjust

Oh and we are not ******* shooting!!!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We are afraid to get hit
    We are getting out hustled to every puck
    We telegraph all our passes
    We cannot break into the zone because they are cheating at the blue line cuz we won't adjust

Oh and we are not ******* shooting!!!
    Tough to shoot when we can't seem to possess the puck in the attacking zone. Really sloppy offense.

******* pathetic!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Offense and defense look like crap.

I didn't get a chance to watch Colorado all year. I was very excited for the playoffs to get a chance to focus on them.

Other than 2 periods in Game 2, and the closing minutes of Game 1 and Game 4 (when they pull their goalie), I have thought Minnesota has looked 2x the better team. Especially these last 2 games. Colorado couldn't even complete a f'n pass tonight, Minnesota was skating circles around them the last 2 games. 8 shots for the entire like 57 minutes? Seriously?

Somebody sell me on this team because I ain't buying. I don't think they win another game.

The goalie is really good, and they look like they have some really good skaters (MacKinnon needs to be more selfish with the puck and shoot when he creates open space - the kid is for real) - but collectively Minnesota looks far better than them. Duchene that big of a loss? Or is playing on the road in the playoffs that big of a deal?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Minnesota has thoroughly outplayed us... I just don't get why all of the sudden something as simple as possessing the puck has become so difficult. Everyone not named Nathan Mackinnon just turns into a spaz with the puck. I think I saw Erik Johnson launch about 10 shots directly into the defender. Not a fun game to watch at all.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Minnesota has thoroughly outplayed us... I just don't get why all of the sudden something as simple as possessing the puck has become so difficult. Everyone not named Nathan Mackinnon just turns into a spaz with the puck. I think I saw Erik Johnson launch about 10 shots directly into the defender. Not a fun game to watch at all.
    Minnesota is just playing better as a team. They are out-hustling and out-working Colorado on every shift. Colorado isn't moving their feet enough and are sloppy with the puck in both ends. They are content to dump the puck in, but the Wild goalie always stops and plays it and they get it out quick before the Avs forecheck gets there. Nobody is crashing the net, nobody is hitting, everybody is making poor puck decisions. Incredibly frustrating to watch. Not sure what happened to the Avs confidence, but they better find it quick.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Minnesota is just playing better as a team. They are out-hustling and out-working Colorado on every shift. Colorado isn't moving their feet enough and are sloppy with the puck in both ends. They are content to dump the puck in, but the Wild goalie always stops and plays it and they get it out quick before the Avs forecheck gets there. Nobody is crashing the net, nobody is hitting, everybody is making poor puck decisions. Incredibly frustrating to watch. Not sure what happened to the Avs confidence, but they better find it quick.
    The poor decision making with the puck jumps out at me. It's crazy to me how we're unable to complete a pass or cross the blue line in possession of the puck. I can't tell you how many guys simply shoveled the puck forward right to a defenseman, or took a crappy shot that was easily blocked.

Not that I think it had anything to do with the outcome - but the ice seemed really crappy in MN too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I didn't get a chance to watch Colorado all year. I was very excited for the playoffs to get a chance to focus on them.

Other than 2 periods in Game 2, and the closing minutes of Game 1 and Game 4 (when they pull their goalie), I have thought Minnesota has looked 2x the better team. Especially these last 2 games. Colorado couldn't even complete a f'n pass tonight, Minnesota was skating circles around them the last 2 games. 8 shots for the entire like 57 minutes? Seriously?

Somebody sell me on this team because I ain't buying. I don't think they win another game.

The goalie is really good, and they look like they have some really good skaters (MacKinnon needs to be more selfish with the puck and shoot when he creates open space - the kid is for real) - but collectively Minnesota looks far better than them. Duchene that big of a loss? Or is playing on the road in the playoffs that big of a deal?
    During the regular season, the Avs played the Wild 5 times, and won 4 of those games. Three of those games were home games for the Avs, and that is where there 1 loss came.

Also

ST. PAUL, Minn. — What happened to the NHL's best road team? Somewhere between Denver and Minnesota, the Avs got hopelessly lost. They got beat 2-1 on Thursday, allowing the Wild to even the opening-round playoff series at two victories apiece.

But here's what was disturbing: After leading the league with 26 road victories during the regular season, the Avs had no shot and no clue in Minnesota. One goal in two games will not get it done.
    http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...wrong-road-nhl

With the Avs being the NHL's best road team in the regular season, it could be a combination of being the playoffs, no Duchene, losing Barry in the 2nd period of game 3, young team. Whatever it is, hopefully the Avs can turn it around.
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 04-25-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    During the regular season, the Avs played the Wild 5 times, and won 4 of those games. Three of those games were home games for the Avs, and that is where there 1 loss came.

Also

With the Avs being the NHL's best road team in the regular season, it could be a combination of being the playoffs, no Duchene, losing Barry in the 2nd period of game 3, young team. Whatever it is, hopefully the Avs can turn it around.
    Didn't we tie the one non-win game? I don't think we lost to them during the regular season.

EDIT: Actually they did beat us once, but at Pepsi Center. We won the both games in MN.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    this. . . they worked so much harder than the avs-- colorado should be embarrassed. . . i don't care who's hurt-- when you get outshot four to effing one, you just plain didn't make any effort. . . the rest of the team owes varlamov an apology-- and their game checks back. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Patrick Roy not at loss for words, hope after Wild ties series with Avs

Avs coach: "Now it's our turn to — sorry for the words — put our balls on the table"

Avalanche coach Patrick Roy on Friday was frank about the deficiencies in his team's showing in Games 3 and 4 against the Minnesota Wild, but equally defiant in assessing the state of the first-round series that is tied 2-2 going into Saturday night's Game 5.

Roy noted that that Western Conference home teams so far are 15-1 in the first round of the playoffs, and that has been the pattern in his series, too, with Colorado winning twice at home and losing twice while looking punchless at St. Paul.

Then he added: "I know we love to say we're Stanley Cup contenders, bingo, like this. Even you guys as reporters need to be positive. It's important. I know you love winning as much as I do. You know that I love winning. But we need to be patient with our group. This is a young team. This is a team that, let's not forget, finished 29th last year. These are huge steps and this is a learning process."
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...rds-hope-after

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Well. That was cool. Again.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

This team is hard on my blood pressure.

19. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nathan ******* MacKinnon.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information