Page 2 of 502 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Vany was just not suited for the new style of the NHL. Hannan was one of the top D-men on the market and will be a much need force on the defensive end that the Avalanche lacked last year. Leopold will also be big if he can regain some form of him old self.
    Hannan/Liles, Leopols/Clark, Finger/Skrastins, very excited to see what the defensive pairings will look like.

Foppa as much as I love him I am still on the fence. I am glad to hear that he will not sign with a team untill he is fully healthy which could even take till mid season.

I don't think Stats would be moved to the 3rd line, could see somthing like Foppa/Stats/Hejduk as a 2nd line IF Foppa and the Avs would come to a deal.

Ryan Smyth will be big folks. Avs had a great off season with these 2 signings, Smyth crashing the net on that first line with Sakic and Brunette will cause havoc.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

OMG IT WILL be crazy.

besides bruno, we didnt really have to much of a physical bunch who could also put the puck in and reak havoc down in front. and hell ya ryan will do that. hopefully wojtek can learn a lil from him and be a major force in a few years.

last year we were like 3 in goals scored or something, take that plus ryan. add that with our new and improved defense as you so lovely stated above. and abother year for budaj, plus the apparant second coming of jose (lets hope so). and we are back baby!!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

http://http://www.nhl.com/scores/htm...8/GS010036.HTM
    T.J. Hensick had a goal and two assists and Eric Healey scored twice as the Avalanche improved to 3-0 this preseason with a 6-3 victory at Dallas on Thursday night.

Hensick, the rookie center out of the University of Michigan, is tied with Paul Stastny for the team lead in scoring this preseason with six points (3g/3a). He assisted on both of Healey’s goals and scored the game-winner with 12:44 left in the third period.

Healey also had an assist to give him a 3-point night and John-Michael Liles had three assists. Jaroslav Hlinka had a pair of helpers and now leads the team with five assists in exhibition play.

Colorado scored three power-play goals, all in the third period, as they turned a 3-2 deficit into a 5-3 lead. Cody McLeod added an empty netter to round out the scoring. The Avalanche has scored eight power-play goals in the preseason, converting at a 33.3% clip (8-for-24).

Sergei Zubov had a goal and one assist for Dallas and Mike Modano also scored.

Peter Budaj and Michael Wall split the goaltending duties, with Wall earning the victory.

The two teams combined for 96 minutes in penalties.

Colorado Avalanche
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Who do you root for? I am a coyotes fan also an avs fan aswell. Even though i don't really watch most of their games, i do peek in every once and a while and peek the standings every week.
    I always root for the Avs, but the Coyotes are my second team. That being said, when the Avs and Coyotes play each other, I have no second team.

I went to the Avs/Coyotes preseason game. None of our big name players played except for Stastny and Wolski. I left after the first period because it was the most boring thing I had ever seen.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Looks like Hensick could stick with the Avs this year! Could pull of a Statsny type rookie season if he continues to play well!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Looks like Hensick could stick with the Avs this year! Could pull of a Statsny type rookie season if he continues to play well!
    Richardson and McCormick are on the IR, so Hensick and Hlinka will stay up.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

By The Denver Post
    Article Last Updated: 10/02/2007 04:29:55 PM MDT

The Avalanche today announced they have moved Sunday's game at Pepsi Center against the Dallas Stars to a 5 p.m. start time in order to fit into a crowded sports schedule in Denver that day.

The Avs, who were scheduled to start at 6 p.m. But the team, in agreement with the NHL, decided to moved the game to accomodate the Rockies hosting the Phillies at Coors Field at 7:30 p.m. and the Broncos facing the Chargers at Invesco Field at 2:15.

"This coming Sunday will be a very special day in Colorado major league sports history and we wanted everyone to be able to attend these three events if they wished to do so," Avs general manager Francois Giguere said.

Also on Sunday, the Rapids playing Toronto FC at 6 p.m.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

GOOOOOOOOOO AVS

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I was sad to see TJ Hensik moved down.

The first two lines will be as follows, for tonight anyway.

Sakic, Hejduk, Smyth

Stastny, Hlinka (I hope he is as good as people say he is), Brunette.

Wolski will be on the third line with Lappy and someone else (not sure, haven't looked). It also looks like Kurt Sauer will be paired up with Leopold on D. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hannan and Liles paired together with Clarke and Skrastins as the other pair.

Chandler, Arizona (but left my heart in Denver)

Hat Trick!!! WOW!! The kid's got potential!! (continuing his dominance from last season)

GO AVS!!!

STILL GOT IT !!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Hilinka has looked great with Andrew and stats!

Stastny Hat Trick, first of his career!!

Wolski, Lappy, Arny(Centers the line)

Well good to see the Avs developing depth, that is what killed them early in the salary cap era. Q said there was at least 5 guys that could of made the roster out of camp that are down at Lake Erie now!

Well I was just thinking that the 3rd line is doing a good job of keeping the puck in the Dallas zone but they need to get more pucks on the net, what happens? Wolski with a goal! 4-1 Avs as the 2nd period counts down.
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 10-03-2007 at 10:07 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

I'll take the win.

I just want to see the AVs dominate for 3 periods. THats what killed us last year. We would dominate for 2 periods...and then fold in the 3rd. Anyway its a good day for Denver and Colorado sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    I'll take the win.

I just want to see the AVs dominate for 3 periods. THats what killed us last year. We would dominate for 2 periods...and then fold in the 3rd. Anyway its a good day for Denver and Colorado sports.

its better than losing in OT to the Habs

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Entertaining game last night. I really liked Hlinka. I think he'll just get better with more experience.

Also, Spector picked the Avs to win the cup this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Entertaining game last night. I really liked Hlinka. I think he'll just get better with more experience.

Also, Spector picked the Avs to win the cup this year.
    Great start for your Avs, Statsney what a great game for him.

I look for big things from the Avs IF the goaltending holds up

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information