Page 275 of 502 FirstFirst ... 175 225 265 273 274 275 276 277 285 325 375 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    for a bunch of people that dont follow hockey you guys are getting pretty worked up!
    Who said I didn't follow hockey? I started this friggin thread.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post

Curtis Glencross season was ended prematurely by a knee injury after Anaheim's Ben Lovejoy stuck his leg out to cause a knee-on-knee collision. The injury forced Glencross out of the team's final four games of the season. from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Glencross
    Great post, pn...thanks!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

If that partition goes to the ground, it could have been mass hysteria and bloodshed lol
    -I love Patrick Roy, dude is great as avs coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Note to NHL-make sure partitions are tight and not movable when patrick roy is behind the bench lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Mo, if it wasn't a big deal why was he fined 10k? Obviously he ****** up to deserve the fine, right?
    It's not like this is the first time an NHL coach has been fined. Check out this link to see the fines in 2012

https://www.google.com/search?q=nhl+...ficial&start=0

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    At the time no one knew how hurt Mac was. For the record Patty knew this:

Curtis Glencross season was ended prematurely by a knee injury after Anaheim's Ben Lovejoy stuck his leg out to cause a knee-on-knee collision. The injury forced Glencross out of the team's final four games of the season. from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Glencross

Patty did not do what he did because Perry was smarting off being a brat. It's because of the cheap shot with no penalty that was done to the 18 year old that on the ice for real for the very first time.

For the record I am a major hockey fan, with the Avs being in my blood. I don't post that much because of my busy schedule. The Broncos are 1A in my heart and the Avs 1B. Didn't grow up with it, but after seeing my first game I was in it hook, line and sinker....plus I've had the honor to get to know a few of the boys and they totally sealed the deal for me.....
    "This is the role of the coach at some point. I love my players, and I will always be behind my players," Roy said. "I think it was what needed to be done."

Roy had already been simmering over a knee-on-knee collision between Anaheim defenseman Ben Lovejoy and Avs prized rookie Nathan MacKinnon late in the third period, before the altercation with Boudreau. MacKinnon emerged uninjured from the hit by Lovejoy, but Roy called it a "cheap shot."

"Lovejoy going after Nate was something I thought was inappropriate. He did the same thing to (Curtis) Glencross in Calgary last year and ended his season," Roy said. "A 'D' that skates forward and gets his knee open ... is dangerous and it's something that we do not accept. Then, at the end obviously, Perry was talking to me and I responded and this is when Boudreau came in.
    http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...bruce-boudreau

Again, yes, what Patrick did deserved a fine. However, IMO, some fines should also have been thrown Anaheim's way. Some definitely added fuel to the fire.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

I am assuming that the only reason Patrick was the only one fined is because he was the first one to push/move the glass partition. After Patrick made the first move, Anaheim's coach pushed the partition back. They were both jawing at each other - it was just not Patrick. When Patrick was on with the fan early the next morning after the game, Vic ask him if he knew how much that glass partition weighed, and Patrick said no, and Vic said 1400 lbs. Patrick was totally surprised. I am sure he was surprised that something that weighed that much was easy to move. The reason it moves that easy is that it can not be permanently secured, as the Pepsi Center also is where the Nuggets play. I am sure Patrick will never do that again.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    That's great. Coaches his very 1st NHL game and get's a 10K fine. Should be an interesting coaching career for the hothead.
    Don't watch it then. He's making the Avs relevant again.

Are you still upset that your Boston guy had to come to Denver to win a Cup? It's ok, no reason to take your hate out on Roy.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Joe Sakic didn’t hire his friend Roy because of his name. He hired him to breathe fire and smoke. He hired him to restore the roar the franchise had when Roy, Sakic, Peter Forsberg and Co. were leading the show. Roy was brought in with the belief that his passion would spill over and re-ignite the fire this team used to have.

Roy most certainly crossed the line, but if you are in Colorado’s upper management today you have to be happy that people are talking about your organization. Roy is a smart, hockey guy who will eventually be able to help his team with coaching alone. But right now, it looks like he’s going to will this team to be successful. Fans may tune in just to see what he will do next.
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/give...valanche-fans/

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Avalanche lines and D pairings vs. Nashville Predators

With captain Gabe Landeskog (leg) out tonight, and on a day-to-day recovery timetable, these are your lines for Friday’s game against Nashville:

Mitchell-Stastny-Tanguay
    O’Reilly-Duchene-Downie
    McGinn-MacKinnon-Parenteau
    McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

Johnson-Hejda
    Barrie-Guenin
    Sarich-Benoit

Varlamov

Patrick Roy said Landeskog is feeling “much better” today, that he will resume skating Sunday and will come on the team’s three-game road trip next week.
    video - Roy talking - http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...edators/15010/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    It's not like this is the first time an NHL coach has been fined. Check out this link to see the fines in 2012

https://www.google.com/search?q=nhl+...ficial&start=0
    but... when a coach gets fined in the NHL the money doesnt go to the league, it goes to holding account and if the coach keeps good behavior the rest of the season he gets the money back. That isn't the case with this infraction, the NHL took his money and told him there is no way he's getting it back so I guess the NHL does think it was more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Who said I didn't follow hockey? I started this friggin thread.
    like I said, I was just screwing with you SR... BTW did you join the fantasy league yet?

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    like I said, I was just screwing with you SR... BTW did you join the fantasy league yet?
    How many people do you have in the league?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    How many people do you have in the league?
    5 or 6... 6 would work but 8 would be great

Adopted Bronco:

Default Avs' Marc-Andre Cliche to see ice time Friday with Gabe Landeskog out

Marc-Andre Cliche has more than 300 games of pro hockey experience. Only one of them, however, has been in the NHL.

That number will change to two Friday night, when Cliche skates for the Avalanche against the Nashville Predators at the Pepsi Center.

With Avs captain Gabe Landeskog out on a day-to-day basis with a leg injury, the Avs will move John Mitchell from fourth-line center to left wing on a line with Paul Stastny and Alex Tanguay, and Cliche will take on Mitchell's former role.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...ce-time-friday

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

20. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information