Page 273 of 502 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    different era... tell me when the last bench clearing brawl happened in the NHL
    I don't really care. WTE is trolling for reactions.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

WTE isn't trolling, he's bringing up serious facts. While i like the young players the Av's have and am kind of routing for them, Roy can't e doing that kind of shit in a professional league. It's bush league bullshit and every coach and player asked today about it mirrored those comments. If he wants to do that shit he should go coach a beer league team.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

3. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

WTE

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Mo, after the Blackhawks beat the Bruins last year in the Stanley Cup Finals they took a full page ad out in the Boston Globe thanking the Bruins and their fans for showing extreme class and grace during the Stanley Cup Finals

I don't think I have ever seen that before of a winning team taking the time and money thanking the losing team and their fans for their class. I am quite positive you never knew of this fact.

OK?
    Then go start a ******* Bruins thread in hockey. Or go post on a Bruins board. **** with this shit.

5. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

WTE isn't trolling, he's bringing up serious facts. While i like the young players the Av's have and am kind of routing for them, Roy can't e doing that kind of shit in a professional league. It's bush league bullshit and every coach and player asked today about it mirrored those comments. If he wants to do that shit he should go coach a beer league team.
    When either of you at least acknowledge the cheap shots and the Ducks coming after the bench after the game (before Roy's reaction to their actions) then we can have a serious discussion.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Mo, I realize your response is weak because you do not fully understand the subject matter. Additionally, I am not trolling, I am just offering my opinion. I understand people like yourself feel they are being trolled when in fact they feel ignorant of the subject matter at hand and use the "trolling" argument as an excuse for their ineptitude.

The fact is, Bruins fans like myself realized the extreme appreciation for the professionalism Joel Quenville displayed when guiding his Blackhawks against the Bruins. I am sure Blackhawks fans also appreciated the extreme professionalism displayed by Bruins coach Claude Julian. Their coaching styles were almost mere images of pure class and conduct.

That's why the Blackhawks took the time and effort to take out that ad in the Boston Globe. And it's the same reasons why no opposing team will EVER take the time and effort to thank a classless team led by Patrick Roy.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Joe Sakic is one of the most classy people to ever play in the NHL.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I am absolutely happy with the way he reacted. Did you see the knee-to-knee hit that sparked all of this? They're down by an insurmountable gap and a player intentionally goes knee-to-knee with an Avs player. Roy was protecting his guys, letting his guys know in their first real game together that he has their back, and letting the Anaheim coach know it's bullshit. Did he need to push the partition over? No. But if you know anything about Patrick Roy and his temper, it's not unexpected for him to do some shit like that. I loved it. Avs fans everywhere loved it. You're just trying to find something stupid to spout off at the mouth about.
    Again, this is not the Charelstown Chiefs. That level of unacceptable behavior won't last in the NHL. For the sake of the League and the Avalanche, I hope your hothead coach gains control of his emotions quickly.

And if I was "trying to find something stupid to spout off at" Patrick Roy would not have been fined 10K in his first ever game coaching in the NHL.

Obviously the hefty fine means there is a hefty anger issue that should not be dismissed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Again, this is not the Charelstown Chiefs. That level of unacceptable behavior won't last in the NHL. For the sake of the League and the Avalanche, I hope your hothead coach gains control of his emotions quickly.

And if I was "trying to find something stupid to spout off at" Patrick Roy would not have been fined 10K in his first ever game coaching in the NHL.

Obviously the hefty fine means there is a hefty anger issue that should not be dismissed.
    Like MO said, Roy's reaction/over-reaction was a direct result of some bullshit that the Ducks did in a game they stood no chance of and demonstrated some "bush league", as weazel calls it, unsportsmanlike crap. Cause and effect. Action and reaction. Until you acknowledge this fact, your argument is childish. Patrick wasn't unprovoked and didn't just feel like getting in to a verbal, almost physical altercation with an opposing team's coach. In fact, I would argue that the coach for the Ducks is the POS coach for not condemning that kind of unsportsmanlike behavior.

For the sake of the Avalanche? The Avs are exponentially better off with an emotional, fiery coach like Roy versus an unemotional hack of a coach like Sacco.

12. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Like MO said, Roy's reaction/over-reaction was a direct result of some bullshit that the Ducks did in a game they stood no chance of and demonstrated some "bush league", as weazel calls it, unsportsmanlike crap. Cause and effect. Action and reaction. Until you acknowledge this fact, your argument is childish. Patrick wasn't unprovoked and didn't just feel like getting in to a verbal, almost physical altercation with an opposing team's coach. In fact, I would argue that the coach for the Ducks is the POS coach for not condemning that kind of unsportsmanlike behavior.

For the sake of the Avalanche? The Avs are exponentially better off with an emotional, fiery coach like Roy versus an unemotional hack of a coach like Sacco.
    Most level-headed coaches would have taken a deep breath after that knee and would have given time and thought for the proper reaction. Every other coach in the NHL would not have continually shoved that sanction toward Bruce Boudreau like your coach did. What Patrick Roy did was unprecedented, especially when he coached his fist NHL game.

And guys, I am not trolling. I just find Patrick Roy's actions very disturbing especially when it's his first NHL game. If this was his 100th game then fine. But this was his first.

Very disturbing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Most level-headed coaches would have taken a deep breath after that knee and would have given time and thought for the proper reaction. Every other coach in the NHL would not have continually shoved that sanction toward Bruce Boudreau like your coach did. What Patrick Roy did was unprecedented, especially when he coached his fist NHL game.

And guys, I am not trolling. I just find Patrick Roy's actions very disturbing especially when it's his first NHL game. If this was his 100th game then fine. But this was his first.

Very disturbing.
    So, a coach doing that in his second year is OK, but not his first?

Gotcha.

Never mind the Ducks came after the Avs bench after the game....never mind that...

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Very disturbing.
    You're full of it. If it was the first game of his second season you'd be here saying the same shit...same old hot-headed Roy...can't control his temper...etc, etc. I'm glad Roy reacted the way he did, not only because it's vintage Roy or because it fired up the team, but because he makes the Avalanche relevant again. I can't believe you're so up in arms about something like this. That makes it even better. A $10k fine is nothing.

Despite the bullshit the Ducks were doing, did Roy deserve the fine? Absolutely.

Am I thrilled he did it? Absolutely.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Despite the bullshit the Ducks were doing, did Roy deserve the fine? Absolutely.

Am I thrilled he did it? Absolutely.
    I agree 100%

You're full of it. If it was the first game of his second season you'd be here saying the same shit...same old hot-headed Roy...can't control his temper...etc, etc. I'm glad Roy reacted the way he did, not only because it's vintage Roy or because it fired up the team, but because he makes the Avalanche relevant again. I can't believe you're so up in arms about something like this. That makes it even better. A $10k fine is nothing.
    SR, if I was a fan of the Avalanche I would be as stoked as you. Especially in light of Colorado's record the last couple years along with the fire that Patrick Roy ignited yesterday.

I understand that. That's a great start for the AV's.

I'm just saying the anger and hostility your coach displayed in Game 1 needs to be controlled right now. Because it won't play in the NHL long term.

And by long-term I mean one month.
    Last edited by WTE; 10-03-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    When either of you at least acknowledge the cheap shots and the Ducks coming after the bench after the game (before Roy's reaction to their actions) then we can have a serious discussion.
    I still don't understand why that is a reason for a coach to lose his mind in front of his players and the fans. And I definitely dont want to hear the "he's old school" debate because old school, he would have waited til after the game and got the guy he wanted either under the stands or outside. What he did was bush league, there is no valid argument to defend it. If Belichick did that on Sunday you guys would be going ape shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

22. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

WTE

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Hartley: That’s so Patrick

Flames head coach Bob Hartley talks about his good buddy Patrick Roy’s antics last night, says he’s a fiery guy who protects his kids, that’s just who he is.
    video - http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/h...ts-so-patrick/

Hartley did not bash Patrick

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information