Page 13 of 502 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I missed out on a few games while our internet was down for the past week, but my dad sent me a bunch of articles through e-mail with Adobe, so I got to keep up.

How about my boy TJ getting a couple of great performances against STL and PHX! Makes me happy. The DRMN and Post are both saying that Stats might be back tomorrow night against SJ. That'd be nice.
    Is there a place where you are catching them online?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

I actually do not have Direct TV at the moment and have not been able to watch some games for quit some time. I listen to the radio broadcasts but obviously you can not tell how the team, defesne/offense is preforming. I am hoping that I will be able to get back to watching and talking about games down the streatch!

T.J. Hensick knew it would only be a matter of time before the pucks started hitting the back of the net.

A high-scoring forward at every level he’s played, the Avalanche rookie has begun to show signs of his offensive potential at the NHL level.

In Hensick’s first four games following his latest recall from the Lake Erie Monsters, the rookie has produced five points (4g/1a), including back-to-back multi-goal games against the St. Louis Blues and Phoenix Coyotes.

“It’s definitely exciting to get back-to-back games with two goals and help this team offensively. It’s something that I’ve wanted to do since I first got called up and it’s finally coming,” said Hensick. “Maybe there was a little relief on my part, but I knew it would come with time. It’s a learning process for me and I learn something new every day.”

Hensick capped off a memorable four-year stint at the University of Michigan in 2006-07, a season in which he led the nation with 69 points (23g/46a) in 41 games. He was also tops in the country in assists, assists-per-game (1.12) and points-per-game (1.68) during his final season as a Wolverine. Those gaudy statistics made him a finalist for the Hobey Baker Memorial Award as the top player in college hockey.

Hensick recently recorded a pair of goals in back-to-back games against St. Louis and Phoenix
    Not surprisingly, his considerable talents translated well to the American Hockey League. Hensick started the season with Lake Erie and led the team in scoring with 13 points (5g/8a) in 18 games prior to his first recall by the Avalanche on Nov. 29.

It didn’t take long for the rookie to notch his first NHL goal. The Lansing, Mich., native scored in only his second contest with the Avalanche, a Dec. 1 match-up against the Los Angeles Kings at Staples Center.

After that game, however, Hensick went through a 19-game goal drought, something not uncharacteristic for a rookie still learning the ropes in the NHL.

Displaying his resiliency, Hensick fought through the stretch and has become a valuable contributor for the Avalanche, impressing his teammates in the process.

“He’s playing great. Sometimes when you have that hot stick it feels like everything is going in,” said Avalanche defenseman John-Michael Liles. “He’s worked hard and put in some time in the minors and had a few trips back and forth, so it’s nice to see him rewarded.”

If Hensick continues to provide a scoring punch at the NHL level this season, his participation in the AHL All-Star Classic on Jan. 28 may be looked upon as a turning point.

Hensick skated for PlanetUSA in the showcase and scored two goals while adding a pair of assists to lead all scorers.

When you examine the timing of his recent goal-scoring streak, its relation to his performance in the All-Star Game becomes clear. Playing – and playing well – against the AHL’s top skaters gave the 5-10, 185-pound forward a confidence boost.

“Coming up and down and only playing 25 games in the American League, you don’t really know where you stand against its top players,” said Hensick. “Being in the All-Star game was kind of overwhelming, but playing against the best players and having such a good game gave me confidence.”

That confidence is now translating to his play at the NHL level. Hensick has pleased Avalanche Head Coach Joel Quenneville with both his confidence with the puck and how he’s progressed each time he’s been called up by Colorado.

But perhaps most importantly, Hensick has impressed Quenneville and his teammates alike with the spark he’s provided to the team’s power play unit.

“Things are going well for me right now, especially on the power-play,” said Hensick. “Right now, I’m more comfortable than I have been in the past and the guys have been really good to me, so hopefully it can continue.”
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 02-06-2008 at 03:49 PM.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Is there a place where you are catching them online?
    Unfortunately, no. The games are over when I get to work (1am Eastern) so I just read the recaps on ESPN then read the articles on the Post and DRMN when they get posted in the morning. I'll be home on Feb 19th, so I'll probably purchase the rest of the Center Ice package so I can catch the rest of the games.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

TJ did so well last night. He got the game winning goal. Unless they bring in some big name I think it will be hard for them to send him down. It was fun to watch the game. Jose had some great saves too. Also who would of thought that Guite would end up being a force, him an Arnie were all over the Sharks. Jose frustrated the fool out of Thornton. Hope they can keep it up and we get those much needed points.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Unfortunately, no. The games are over when I get to work (1am Eastern) so I just read the recaps on ESPN then read the articles on the Post and DRMN when they get posted in the morning. I'll be home on Feb 19th, so I'll probably purchase the rest of the Center Ice package so I can catch the rest of the games.
    Congats SR, less than 2 weeks! I'm really glad to hear that. I know you miss your son. Also so I'm on topic you will get to see the games in real time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Default Great Hockey Night

This was a great night for hockey. First Dallas beat MIN, then Chicago beat CGY but the best of all the Kings beat the Wings. I know that the Wings are not in our division but it just makes me smile.

8. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

The northwest is still up for grabs. The Avs have a golden chance in the next few weeks to string together some wins and win the division for the first time in a few years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Another solid night for the Avs. I am so impressed with what they have been able to do with all the injuries, some real depth. I hope they play as strong here in Denver next week. It looks like it will be another season of down to the wire.

11. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

What an impressive win last night. Our young guys are stepping up like crazy. Biggest highlight of the night IMO was Hejduk getting two goals.

13. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

I think I am going to lose it soon. I have been going to alot of the Scorpions (AHL) games latley and that has been alot of fun. Always good to beat the Nucks and get 2 more points in the NW! Jose doing it again, heard alot of good things about McCloud lately, playing hard but smart; Saw him go against Grier, on hockeyfights.com. Everybody wanted to dump Svatos after last year, but he is a scorer and you have to give it time and he has ahown he can find the back of the net again on a regular basis. I agree PN, the injuries suck but the Avs are showing that they have built a solid farm system and have players that don't need stars to be good, they can play hard themselves and put points on the board.
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 02-10-2008 at 03:11 AM.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Everybody wanted to dump Svatos after last year, but he is a scorer and you have to give it time and he has ahown he can find the back of the net again on a regular basis.
    See my Adopted Bronco.

17. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

News and notes:
    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Colorado's top three forwards -- captain Joe Sakic, Ryan Smyth and Paul Stastny -- are back on the ice.
    Sakic, who is recovering from hernia surgery, went through a light skate before practice Monday. It was the first time he has skated since November.

Smyth (ankle) and Stastny (appendectomy) participated in practice and both took contact. For Smyth, it was his first ice time since he was injured on New Year's Eve.

Stastny, the team's leading scorer with 49 points, has been practicing and could return soon. He's listed as questionable for Tuesday night when the Avs play Anaheim at the Pepsi Center.

Coach Joel Quenneville said Smyth could return to action this week.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
    Farm Report:
    Wyatt Smith scored the game-winner 5:08 into the third period as the Lake Erie Monsters pulled out a 3-2 victory over the Grand Rapids Griffins on Saturday (Feb. 9). Jamie Lundmark and Eric Healey each had a power-play goal in addition to Smith’s tally, which came shorthanded. Goaltender Michael Wall stopped 40-of-42 shots to earn his fifth victory of the season.

The win avenged a 4-1 Lake Erie loss to Grand Rapids on Friday night, during which Lundmark tallied the Monsters’ lone goal.

Earlier in the week, the Monsters suffered a 2-1 overtime setback against the Hamilton Bulldogs. Philippe Dupuis scored in regulation for Lake Erie and Wall stopped 32-of-34 shots.

NCAA
    -Colorado’s three Boston University prospects – Colby Cohen, Kevin Shattenkirk and Brandon Yip – each recorded a goal in the Terriers’ 6-2 win over UMass-Lowell Friday night. Yip also added three assists in the game, giving the forward a career-high four points. Cohen then scored a goal and assisted on the game-winner in the team’s 5-4 victory over Northeastern in the Beanpot consolation game Monday.

-The No. 2 Michigan Wolverines took three points from No. 1 Miami (Ohio) University over the weekend. Michigan netminder Billy Sauer stopped 18-of-20 shots to lead the Wolverines to a 4-2 win on Friday, while Miami forward Justin Mercier tallied an assist in the contest. Sauer stopped 30 shots and Mercier added two helpers in Saturday’s rematch, which ended in a 5-5 tie.

-Ohio State University forward Tom Fritsche notched his fifth goal of the season in a 3-3 tie with the University of Nebraska-Omaha Friday evening. Fritsche is tied for second on the team with 17 points (5g/12a).

-University of Minnesota forward Mike Carman had an assist in the Gophers’ 4-1 loss to the University of Denver on Saturday.

OHL
    -Nigel Williams had an assist in Belleville’s 6-3 win over the Peterborough Petes Thursday. Petes netminder Trevor Cann stopped 35 shots, but was saddled with the loss.

-Kevin Montgomery recorded an assist in the London Knights’ 8-5 loss to the Brampton Battalion Sunday evening.

CHL
    -Goaltender Ian Keserich earned two victories in a three-game series versus Youngstown last weekend. Keserich stopped 37-of-38 shots in a 5-1 win Friday, followed by a 22-save performance in a 6-5 victory on Saturday. The RiverKings then dropped a 4-0 decision to Youngstown on Sunday, with Keserich making 22 stops. Since joining Mississippi, the netminder has posted a 6-1-1 record with a 2.09 goals-against average and a .932 save percentage.

USHL
    -Indiana Ice forward Paul Carey recorded a goal and one assist Friday in his squad’s 4-3 win over the Green Bay Gamblers.

-Kent Patterson stopped 28-of-29 shots as the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders earned a 4-1 win over the Tri-City Storm. The netminder has posted a 5-3-0 record with a 2.74 goals-against average in 10 appearances this season.
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 02-12-2008 at 01:31 PM.

I THOUGHT FOR SURe that svatos would have been traded last year. It wasnt his ability, we all knew he could score. It was his feet. Hejduk had the same problem as svatos earlier inthe year last year, that svatos had at the end of the season.

Neither of them was moving their feet. Milan finally started to and has been liting it up since.

Now marek is doing the same thing. Before he wasnt moving his legs and was trying to deke his way around players, instead of skating past them, which he can do really well when he tries. He is an amazing skater when he turns it on. And now that he has he is looking good. And i think he is only at like 80% of what he could become.

Tongiht we got the...ducks????

GO avs!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

OH CRAP!!! did you guys see clark go into the boards at the start of the third--it jsut happened. It looked like he broke his arm. SHt. I hope he is ok, hope its just a bruise. But to me looked like he broke it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Clarke will be out for a while, I suspect. Word on the street is he hurt his shoulder pretty bad.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information