Page 11 of 502 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Avs are hurting right now without Super Joe and Smyth. People are keying in on Stats. He hasn't had a point in something like 6 or 7 games.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Thanks BAv for posting the game. I was driving down to Tucson and the game would cut in a little here and there, but could not really follow most of it. Will be here till Sunday, so keep them coming. Yell for me too....

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Congrats to Stastny on making the all star game!!

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_7933261

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Congrats to Stastny on making the all star game!!

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_7933261

A big Congrats to Stastny!! I just looked at the standing, ug, we have fallen to the 9th place. So add salt to the wound the Wings, 70 point, double ugg. So go Avs!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -Marek Svatos capped a third-period rally with two goals in about 2 minutes, and the Colorado Avalanche rallied three times from two-goal deficits to beat the Carolina Hurricanes 5-4 on Saturday night.

The late goals game Svatos nine goals in his past 10 games and helped the Avalanche stop a two-game losing streak. Paul Stastny, Milan Hejduk and Cody McLeod also scored, and McLeod got his first career NHL assist for Colorado.

Erik Cole, Keith Aucoin, Chad LaRose and Cory Stillman scored for the short-handed Hurricanes in their second loss in a row at home. They have only two victories in their past eight games.

Associated Press
    Wow I kind of stopped following the game here at work when it was 5-1 Carolina! What a third period that must have been! Svatos is playing great and it is good to see Stats and Milan getting back on the score sheet. 2 points makes me a happy guy!
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It was never 5-1 Carolina. They were up 4-2 at the start of the third period and McLeod scored, then Svats scored twice and won the game. Dude has 19 goals but still less than 30 points. LOL!

I was definitely happy to see Milan and Stats get on the score sheet. They were both hurting and getting them in the score sheet more often is imperative for the next six weeks until Super Joe and Ryan Smyth get back.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    It was never 5-1 Carolina. They were up 4-2 at the start of the third period and McLeod scored, then Svats scored twice and won the game. Dude has 19 goals but still less than 30 points. LOL!

I was definitely happy to see Milan and Stats get on the score sheet. They were both hurting and getting them in the score sheet more often is imperative for the next six weeks until Super Joe and Ryan Smyth get back.
    Svats is a goal scorer, still crazy to see him with only 2 ast. Meant 4-1. Quick turn around, play the Pantheres this afternoon. Really don't know what to expect from the Panthers, I know they got better up front and have solid goaltending. See what the energy level is like early for the Avs.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Avs win in Shootout 4-3 in Florida.

It was an even game from the start. Some bad blood early as Horton and Finger got double roughing minors just 2 mins into the game. AB scored the first goal, he drove to the front of the net, put the puck on Vokuns pad and but the rebound in right by his leg. Florida put one in later in the period to tie it up. 1st period was full of penalties both ways as there was 40 mins combined of players in the box. Can not say enough of how even this game was. 2nd period the Avs scored on the PP, Panthers tied it up, 3rd Svats puts one home, Panthers come right back and tie it up. It got a little scary in the third period, Jose came out to about 10 ft in front of the blue line to play a puck, it bounced left and a Panther fired it in on goal as Jose was coming back and it just went wide of the open net, then Jose got caught behind the net a min later and Weiss missed an open net from the side as the puck found him.

OT was even a few chances back and fourth. Shootout, Jose stoped all three shooters he faced, Vokun stoped, Svats and Wolski, Milan put home the winning shot just above Vokuns left pad bottome corner of the net.

AB first star in my book, 2 hard fought goals.
    Box Score:
    http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...008&gameType=2

Avs looked fine for an afternoon game after a night game. Energy level was fine. They finish up their 5 game road trip of the Southwest division with Tampa on Tue. Won 2 in a row after droping the first 2 against the Wings and Caps.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

The game against Tampa is going to be tough. Lecavalier is playing like a madman this year. St Louis is always a threat.

The game against Tampa is going to be tough. Lecavalier is playing like a madman this year. St Louis is always a threat.
    The Lightning are so putrid defensivley that the Avs should handle them
    the last two good wins for you guys should help

good luck vs Tampa, Any help Med can get is good for my sucky Canes

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

The Canes are also so putrid that the Avs handled them. I've been waiting for your Med.

12. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

The Canes are also so putrid that the Avs handled them. I've been waiting for your Med.
    yes the whole SE divsion sucks.

we should forfeit our playoff spot as one is not deserved by any of those teams

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

BA, thank you so much. I got sick on Sat, nothing is worse than being sick away from home, so I was either sleeping or working and had no idea what had happened. Got home late last night so I can watch the game tonight. So I'm hoping for a good game tonight and 2 more points, thanks again...

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Link to the re-cap and highlights, all that good stuff. I was unable to see the game. 2 PP goals, first time the Avs had scored more then once on the PP on the road this season. Good way to finish off the 5 game road trip with 3 wins in a row. Avs start a 5 game home stand Friday against the Blackhawks. CLB, NSH, MIN, and CHI again round out the 5 game home stand.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post

Link to the re-cap and highlights, all that good stuff. I was unable to see the game. 2 PP goals, first time the Avs had scored more then once on the PP on the road this season. Good way to finish off the 5 game road trip with 3 wins in a row. Avs start a 5 game home stand Friday against the Blackhawks. CLB, NSH, MIN, and CHI again round out the 5 game home stand.
    good luck to you guys as my team is sliding down faster than a stipper slides down on on a pole
    Last edited by Medford Bronco; 01-16-2008 at 01:33 PM.

18. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information