Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How's the new server running?

Default How's the new server running?

I would love to have some feedback, both now and in the future, as to how the server is running. There are a couple optimization tweaks that I didn't manage to complete last night, but I think those would be more of a factor when we grow and have large numbers of people online at the same time.

Does the overall feel/response of the server seem faster, slower, the same?

Are you getting more or less timouts or DB errors that you got on the old server.

Any feedback would be welcome, so I can investigate any configuration settings that might need to be tweaked.

seems fine to me...

________
    How to roll blunts
    Last edited by anton...; 08-31-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    I would love to have some feedback, both now and in the future, as to how the server is running. There are a couple optimization tweaks that I didn't manage to complete last night, but I think those would be more of a factor when we grow and have large numbers of people online at the same time.

Are you getting more or less timouts or DB errors that you got on the old server.

Any feedback would be welcome, so I can investigate any configuration settings that might need to be tweaked.
    Much quicker in response time! With my comeback comments, tned, timing is essential. Less errors. Your tweaking has paid off, thank you very much for your investment of your time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It's seems to be responding a lot quicker than the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It's seems to be responding a lot quicker than the other one.
    --> Look at you, you're a dancer!

Adopted Bronco:
    Billy Thompson

Faster.

I didn't get any timeouts or errors before, so the same.
    Thanks Mastershake!

I have noticed that in the CP area where I check for updated posts on my threads that I an in. That when I click on the flag that designates a change it does not take me where it used to. to the newest post or where I left off . I many cases it takes me to something as much as a day old things that I have already seen or responded to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I have noticed that in the CP area where I check for updated posts on my threads that I an in. That when I click on the flag that designates a change it does not take me where it used to. to the newest post or where I left off . I many cases it takes me to something as much as a day old things that I have already seen or responded to.
    I've had that happen to me in the past, on the old server. It is caused by the way vBulletin uses cookies to determine when you were last on the board. It should resolve itself, which is what usually happens.

I have found that it seems to happen the most when I am either checking the forum from two computers at close to the same time, such as bouncing between my laptop on the living room, or my main PC. Or, sometimes if I close all browser windows, reboot and immediately go back to the forum and then the "go to first unread post" link might take me to post that I already read and it could be hours earlier in the day.

I'll do some reading on the vBulletin support forums to see if there is anything that can be done to prevent this. It's annoying when it happens.

We had a fairly decent crowd today. From my location, the site was moving very quickly, especially compared to the last few weeks on the old server. Everyone else get the same results?

Any errors?

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I have had no problems so far. I am wondereing when will we be able to use the url instead of the IP to get to the board? Is this a DNS issue? Is this still happening to everybody else or is it just me?
    Merry.

It's going to have to work out a lot better at the combine and give a good 40 time before I can give a legitimate analysis.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Nice and snappy. It seemed the old one was getting a bit sluggish.

This seems pretty good so far.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    It's going to have to work out a lot better at the combine and give a good 40 time before I can give a legitimate analysis.
    Like Young and Leinart, we feel the BroncosForums.com server has nothing to prove, so shall not be attending the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I have had no problems so far. I am wondereing when will we be able to use the url instead of the IP to get to the board? Is this a DNS issue? Is this still happening to everybody else or is it just me?
    It just takes time. For most people, the DNS info will propogate in 12 hours or less, rarely does it take more than 24 hours (in the US), but it varies from ISP to ISP.

To give you an example. At home (ATT DSL), it was only about 45 minutes after I switched servers and updated the information at the registrar (godaddy) before I was able to use BroncosForums.com rather than the IP.

However, at work (ATT business T1's), it took 9 or 10 hours, before I could start using BroncosForums.com rather than the IP address.

I did the change at 3:00 am central time Saturday, so we are looking at about 43 hours if I am doing the math right with the time change. So, while unusual, it isn't completely surprising. Some ISPs only update their DNS infor every 48 hrs, 72 hrs, or in rare cases even less frequently than that. All you can do is keep trying every once in a while and eventually it will work. You might be able to email your ISP, and they might be able to force a refresh, but it would probably depend on the ISP.

In reality it's working really well. I really never had an issue with it before, only from time to time. I'm on a super, duper fast T3 internet connection here - so I consider myself lucky. Sounds like the upgrade worked well though. Yeah!

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Here it is Monday morning and I still have to use the IP instead of the url. Maybe roadrunner has defective DNS servers.
    Merry.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information