Thread: Can Hamza Contribute?!?!

Default Can Hamza Contribute?!?!

i really hope Hamza can contirbute come sunday because we are gonna need some bigger guys out there if lynch cant go the whole game. Im sorry but foxy just doesnt do it for me at safety, especially with all of our run stopping problems. hamza brings more speed than probably both fergy and lynch and also a much bigger frame than foxy

i really hope he steps up and makes us not worry too much about safety in the draft because as of right now we have a lot of freaking holes

what do you guys think of hamza and the possiblity of him contributing?
    ------
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    ------

Adopted Bronco:
    Hamza Abdullah

As I like Foxy and Hamza they are both fine with me, but I must agree with you. We need Hamza because it is his natural position and he is bigger.

But to be honest the whole size issue is overrated. If one guy can still make the plays then who cares about the frame.

In this case I just think Hamza is the better true safety.

Quote Originally Posted by champbronc2 View Post
    As I like Foxy and Hamza they are both fine with me, but I must agree with you. We need Hamza because it is his natural position and he is bigger.

But to be honest the whole size issue is overrated. If one guy can still make the plays then who cares about the frame.

In this case I just think Hamza is the better true safety.
    yeah but size is a big factor in stuffing the run, compared to foxyy if he can even stop it

i hope he looks good out there sunday
    ------
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    ------

Adopted Bronco:
    Hamza Abdullah

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    yeah but size is a big factor in stuffing the run, compared to foxyy if he can even stop it

i hope he looks good out there sunday
    Foxworth is capable of making tackles on runningbacks.

I think he can.

Also when you say "he" do you mean Hamza or Fox?

Do we know who is going to start at FS this Sunday either?

Quote Originally Posted by champbronc2 View Post
    Foxworth is capable of making tackles on runningbacks.

I think he can.

Also when you say "he" do you mean Hamza or Fox?

Do we know who is going to start at FS this Sunday either?
    sorry, that was confusing,

last i heard lynch was probable i think,

but foxy is no doubt capable of making the tackle, but who knows how far they get on him before he eventually brings them down, he is just simply to small to play safety effectively

hamza on the other hand i hope can stuff the run, we have yet to see him play other than preseason. the big difference is either stopping or stuffing the run. hopefuly hamza can stuff rather than stop, does that make sense
    ------
    ------

Adopted Bronco:
    Hamza Abdullah

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    sorry, that was confusing,

last i heard lynch was probable i think,

but foxy is no doubt capable of making the tackle, but who knows how far they get on him before he eventually brings them down, he is just simply to small to play safety effectively

hamza on the other hand i hope can stuff the run, we have yet to see him play other than preseason. the big difference is either stopping or stuffing the run. hopefuly hamza can stuff rather than stop, does that make sense
    Keyword:effectively

That is where I agree with you as well.

Foxworth can play safety, and play it pretty good but he can't be an effective starting solution.

You're forgetting that Nick Ferguson is still available and will start Sunday. The question is whether Hamza will replace Lynch or whether they will start Foxworth. If Abdullah is ready to go, I think he gets the start.

Whether that will work out is another question.

If Hamza plays at all it will be in a rotational basis. I'm hoping for good things, but he is coming off a pretty serious injury and hasn't been in a game for something like two months. The chances of him making a major contribution are, uh, low. I don't see the team leaving him alone on an island with a tight end or receiver, but rather in a support role with the corners in coverage.

If Lynch doesn't play then he'll have a bigger role. But I see him as almost a third option behind Foxworth or Cox. Somehow I think people are seeing him as a saviour of our defense. But he's more like another warm body, at least in his first week back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You're forgetting that Nick Ferguson is still available and will start Sunday. The question is whether Hamza will replace Lynch or whether they will start Foxworth. If Abdullah is ready to go, I think he gets the start.

Nice to see you post, keep it up..

i just dont see how the coaches find Foxy more sutable to play safety, i mena obviously i dont watch what they do but hamza looked good in preseason and everybody was raving about him,
    ------
    ------

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Well with the iminent retiremant of lynch sometimein the near future and fergy aint no spring chicken either. I know we are not that far out in the race for the playoffs but man it doesnt look great. get him some play time and see if he is a gameer

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

True, but Abdullah is a natural safety so I would like to see what he can do.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information