Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Giving up sacks

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

A QB's quick release doesn't mean squat if the receivers are running the wrong routes, or taking their sweetass time getting to where they're supposed to be.

Just my $.02

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    A QB's quick release doesn't mean squat if the receivers are running the wrong routes, or taking their sweetass time getting to where they're supposed to be.

Just my $.02
    I highly doubt thats the entire problem. Especially when ive seen some very poor throws in double coverage, behind the receiver, etc.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I highly doubt thats the entire problem. Especially when ive seen some very poor throws in double coverage, behind the receiver, etc.
    There are tons of problems, frankly...

Too much to put on one player...which actually makes it more troubling.

6. The Following User High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

the Oline seems average at best, far from a dumpster fire. manning is sliding around the pocket, mostly avoiding the collapsible points of the line. he'll get drilled at times; mostly from the blitz. he's getting time to make his reads. but he's not finding anything to throw to. and, i think, he's forcing it too much when there aren't open receivers (but, when you're behind the entire game ...).

there are several problems with the offense. what's encouraging is that last year the broncos coaches proved they're not afraid to change the gameplan when things aren't working. i'm hoping they can do same thing this year.

and, speaking of last year, you can't compare this offense to last year's offense. there are different players and schemes (even if they're both mccoy's schemes, comparing the read option to this pass-heavy plan isn't a fair analysis). the Oline, running backs and tight ends have to perform much differently this year vs. the final 3/4 of last year. anyone who says otherwise is trying to push an agenda.

as for the receivers, i'm beginning to think tebow's scrambling helped them more than i ever realized, allowing them to FINALLY get separation from the defense. yesterday, i also found myself wondering how much fun brandon lloyd would be having with peyton. seems like that would be worth a lot more than a 5th or 6th round pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Yes. Oline is a huge concern.

Where are all the people arguing how Manning's quick release would limit sacks now?
    It would if we had WRs capable of getting open. Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by rationalfan View Post
    as for the receivers, i'm beginning to think tebow's scrambling helped them more than i ever realized, allowing them to FINALLY get separation from the defense. yesterday, i also found myself wondering how much fun brandon lloyd would be having with peyton. seems like that would be worth a lot more than a 5th or 6th round pick.
    His contract was going to expire, and he wasn't going to re-sign with us.

10. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    His contract was going to expire, and he wasn't going to re-sign with us.
    That's too bad too. He would far and away be our best WR.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    but there are times where one O-lineman is left without someone to block and he doesn't know or react to help out someone who is left with a particularly tough opponent (like JJ Watt) or who gets a late blitzer to account for and is left in a 2 on one situation as the lone blocker.

Generally, that's on the center to call the correct line shift.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Never said it is "the entire problem". And, I've seen every QB in the league, both now and past, throw those passes.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information