Default The Official LA Dodger Thread

This tread is dedicated to a team that cant score

Maybe they can find some runs here lol

but I still love my inconsistent team the LA Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    This tread is dedicated to a team that cant score

Maybe they can find some runs here lol

but I still love my inconsistent team the LA Dodgers
    I knew you'd make your way over here Med. I thought of making this thread the other day but thought I'd let you do the honor.

Although it should be "The thread were Med, Cali, In-com-plete and sometimes KB talk about the Dodgers".

It's imparative we win today and tomorrows games against SD. Imparative.

3. The Following User High Fived In-com-plete For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete View Post
    I knew you'd make your way over here Med. I thought of making this thread the other day but thought I'd let you do the honor.

Although it should be "The thread were Med, Cali, In-com-plete and sometimes KB talk about the Dodgers".

It's imparative we win today and tomorrows games against SD. Imparative.
    Of course it's imperative we talk about tomorrow's game - since Peavy is pitching against us tonight we can skip this one

Glad to see we all made it over here to the new site. Our little 3 1/2 person thread wouldn't be the same without all of us!

By the way, thanks for the referral In-Com

5. The Following User High Fived Calif. Bronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calif. Bronco View Post
    Of course it's imperative we talk about tomorrow's game - since Peavy is pitching against us tonight we can skip this one

Glad to see we all made it over here to the new site. Our little 3 1/2 person thread wouldn't be the same without all of us!

By the way, thanks for the referral In-Com
    No problem man. I can't make this my perma board if you and Med aren't here. And of course, that ½ or 0.5 who goes by the name of KB.

Haha Med, I was waiting for you to make this thread. Ugh, what can be said about the Dodgers. At least the are consistant in starting strong and blowing it mid season. Man....we need some hitters.

8. The Following User High Fived Astrass For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Astrass View Post
    Haha Med, I was waiting for you to make this thread. Ugh, what can be said about the Dodgers. At least the are consistant in starting strong and blowing it mid season. Man....we need some hitters.
    This is such an inconsistent team. Now they have won 7 of 9 and will only be 3 back in the WC and divison is the Padres win tonight. I just do not get them

I just hope they stay in it to the end

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    This is such an inconsistent team. Now they have won 7 of 9 and will only be 3 back in the WC and divison is the Padres win tonight. I just do not get them

I just hope they stay in it to the end
    Well... after two more with the Cubs and the weekend against the evil ones it'll be Decision Week. Three with San Diego and three with Arizona at home next week. I think by the time the Broncos destroy Oakland we'll have a pretty good idea whether this Dodger team is for real or not.

I've got good news and I've got good news.

The good news is Tomko was released. And the good news is he signed with the Padres.

The good news is Tomko was released. And the good news is he signed with the Padres.

Lets hope he starts against Wells and gets lit like a tree

If that piece of pitches 7 strong innings against us next week, you and Med will both be able to hear my screaming 3,000 miles away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Please beat the cubs again like you did 2 of the last 3 days! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Please beat the cubs again like you did 2 of the last 3 days! Thanks!
    We did. Thanks for the encouragement

thank the young Dodgers. Either, Loney and Kemp

Anyone catch that game today? It was freakin' awesome!

I left work at 3:30 and it was tied up at 1 apiece. Got home around 4:00 and it's the bottom of the 7th with the Dodgers up 2-1. Lowe gave up a single then walked the next batter on 4 pitches. In comes Broxton to face Soriano. 3-1 count and he golfs what would have been ball 4 over the left field wall. 4-2.

Top of the 8th and Kemp hits a solo home run. 4-3. And it was a lot more exciting than the damn Cubs announcers made it.

/unenthusiastic monatone low voice lock on/ "deep fly ball to left center...home run by Kemp...his 10th of the season." /unenthusiastic monatone low voice lock off/

Top of the 9th and it's still 4-3. Martin leads off with a single. Then Loney steps up and gets one also. Ethier pinch hitting and takes an 0-1 fastball over the left center field wall to make it 6-4.

/unenthusiastic monatone low voice lock on/ "deep fly ball to left center...that's a home run by by Eithier...boy, did the wind get ahold of that or not...that was more like a pop-up...Soriano didn't need that wind for his 2 homers, but Kemp and Ethier both hit high fly ball home runs." /unenthusiastic monatone low voice lock off/

They added another run later that inning. Furcal was on first and stole second. Moved over to 3nd on a ground ball by Pierre. Then scored on a passed ball.

Hell of a game boys. And I just want to say, I can't stand listening to these other teams homer announcers. I put what they said in quotes even though that wasn't exactly what they said. But it was very similar.
    Last edited by In-com-plete; 09-06-2007 at 07:01 PM.

nice!! good win for them.....

And I just want to say, I can't stand listening to these other teams homer announcers. I put what they said in quotes even though that wasn't exactly what they said. But it was very similar.
    You know, having the extra innings package on TV and XM Radio has shown me that there are a lot of really bad announcers out there. I mean there are some excellent ones also (Jon Miller with the evil Giants, Joe Castiglione with the Red Sox, etc.) but most of these guys are mediocre at best. And some, like the Cubs guys and the Phillies guys (not Harry Kalas but the other ones) are almost unlistenable.

I'm thinking we're pretty lucky out here to have had Scully for 55 years, plus Charlie Steiner (whose actually pretty good) the last few. Now if we could just send Rick Monday out to pasture...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information