Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official LA Dodger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Calif. Bronco View Post
    After yesterday's doubleheader sweep, it's time to officially cue up Dandy Don Meredith, IMHO:

"Turn out the lights, the season's over,
    They say that all good things must end."
    When you think about it, it was only 2 losses. But those felt like football losses if you know what I mean.

I agree Cali. At 5.5 out in the division and 4.5 out in the WC....it's over.

Let the Hot Stove League begin:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseba...rts-mlb-dodger

All that seems to stand in the way of us having a real manager for the first time in years is Frankie not "cheaping out" with Mattingly et. al.

Exciting stuff. And rumors of A-rod wanting to follow Torre as well. Though I don't see that happening. This town has only enough room for one monster ego....Kobe.

But yeah.....it would be nice to have some real management over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrass View Post
    Exciting stuff. And rumors of A-rod wanting to follow Torre as well. Though I don't see that happening. This town has only enough room for one monster ego....Kobe.

But yeah.....it would be nice to have some real management over here.
    Huge improvement over clueless Grady Little

Med is happy

Yay, done deal..... Still got some work to do tho =P

lucky bastids.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    lucky bastids.
    Cmon DS we want you as a fan.

It would be nice for DS and Med to be on the same side

Also your sig is en fuego as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    Cmon DS we want you as a fan.

It would be nice for DS and Med to be on the same side

Also your sig is en fuego as usual
    No, I am a fan. The Dodgers are now my 2nd favorite team solely because of Torre and Donnie Baseball, assuming he gets here. I ust wish the Dodgers also took our future owners Hank and Hal Steinbrenner, aka Homer Simpson and Krusty The Clown, with them.

I'm probably one of the few that could care less we got Torre. Always thought he was a little on the overrated side. Still probably an upgrade over Little, but no huge improvement.

I saw Steve Phillips (I think that's who it was) on ESPNews this morning talking about how we need more than just Torre. He thought we should move Pierre to left and make a play for Andruw Jones or Tori Hunter. Then we should start up the trade talks with the Marlins and try to get Cabrera. And last but not least, get Santana.

Now if say.....2 outta these 3 things happen, you think Torre has a little more to play with than Little?

I posted this over on BC too, but it is definately worth posting in both places so no true Dodger fan misses the opportunity to scream in disbelief:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3101211

Can someone please answer the simple question of why?

Quote Originally Posted by Calif. Bronco View Post
    I posted this over on BC too, but it is definately worth posting in both places so no true Dodger fan misses the opportunity to scream in disbelief:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3101211

Can someone please answer the simple question of why?
    Its because we are looking for someone
    to kick around to replace Tomko, since
    he left

Hell yeah! Chan Ho freakin' Park. He's one of my favorite pitchers of all time. I know I've talked about it on Broncomania, but that spin-kick he did to another pitcher after he was tagged out on a sacrifice bunt was quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen in a baseball game.

It's only a minor league deal. I believe he did the same thing with the Metropolitans last year. I saw him pitch when he got called up because the Mets had a ton of injuries to their staff.

Park pitched well.....for 3 innings. Then, the *hit hit the fan. I don't remember exactly what happenedm but it was like:
    A homer followed by a walk.
    Then a double.
    Then a hit batter.
    Then a single.
    Then a walk.
    Then the shower.

Maybe he comes back and pitches well. But I'm not expecting much.

Torre's bullpen management can be questioned at times, Plus, he doesn't have Mariano (not yet anyway) so it'll be interesting to see how he handles the L.A. bullpen. He was so spoiled with the Yankees middle relief early on that it came back to bite him when the Stantons, Nelsons, Lloyds and Mendozas were long gone and replaced with spotty performers. He may be a bit overrated, but there are not that many managers, if any managers in today's game, that can take a team to the postseason 12 straight years, despite the payroll.

Only time will tell, I hope he does great.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Torre's bullpen management can be questioned at times, Plus, he doesn't have Mariano (not yet anyway) so it'll be interesting to see how he handles the L.A. bullpen. He was so spoiled with the Yankees middle relief early on that it came back to bite him when the Stantons, Nelsons, Lloyds and Mendozas were long gone and replaced with spotty performers. He may be a bit overrated, but there are not that many managers, if any managers in today's game, that can take a team to the postseason 12 straight years, despite the payroll.

Only time will tell, I hope he does great.
    Actually DS the bullpen of the Dodgers is not bad

Saito is a very good closer and Broxton is a good set up man
    None are Rivera but not too shabby if you ask me.

the real problem with LA is hitting. they have a pop gun
    offense and need help. I hate Arod but it would not
    be the worst signing for them as it might help them
    actually score some more runs and not try to win every
    game 4-3 or 3-2

15. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Finally LA did something to address their pop gun offense

Andruw Jones heading to Hollywood
    Dodgers give center fielder 2-year, $36.2 million deal

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- All-Star center fielder Andruw Jones and the Los Angeles Dodgers reached a preliminary agreement Wednesday night on a two-year, $36.2 million contract, SI.com has confirmed.

Jones, the former Atlanta star who has won 10 straight Gold Gloves, must pass a physical for the agreement to be completed, a person familiar with the negotiations said, speaking on condition of anonymity because no announcement had been made.

Jones will receive a $12.2 million signing bonus, of which $5.1 million is payable next year, $2.1 million in 2009 and $5 million in 2010. He well get salaries of $9 million next year and $15 million in 2009, and also will receive a no-trade clause.

Jones' average annual salary of $18.1 million is fifth-highest in major league history. Only Roger Clemens ($28 million average), Alex Rodriguez ($25.2 million), Manny Ramirez ($20 million) and Derek Jeter ($18.9 million) have been paid more per season.

His agreement with the Dodgers was first reported by the Los Angeles Times on its Web site.

Scott Boras, his agent, wouldn't confirm the agreement but sounded as if a deal had fallen into place.

"Being on a competitive team was a very, very important part of his process," he said.

The Dodgers are expected to move Juan Pierre to left field, leaving Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier for right. The surplus of outfielders could make either Kemp or Ethier expendable.

Jones hit .222 this season, his lowest average since he batted .217 in 106 at-bats as a rookie in 1996. His 26 home runs were his fewest since 1997.

Had Jones finished with big numbers, he likely would have sought a longer-term agreement. Boras said there were really only two options when it came to length.

"Very, very long-term or very, very short term," he said. "Nothing in between."

Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...uw/index.html#

17. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information