Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Broncos safety Rahim Moore fined $21,000 for Week 1 hit

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    This is quite possibly more ridiculous than Moore being fined... please tell me you are being intentionally absurd.
    Not from what i remember of the hit. Its the same exact circumstance that John Lynch got when he nailed the chiefs player some time back. Doesnt mean i like the rules but they are in place and the hit that Moore put on the guy was late (not too mention helmet to helmet). You can argue all day long about the semantics of one guy lowering his head to brace for a hit but it changes nothing. Ive been saying that very same thing for the last 3 years and now all of a sudden people want to use that line as an excuse? Again, bitch, cry, whine whatever about the rule but thats how they are written at this time but judging from what i saw of that hit it was a good call. I know this because i was extremely pissed that he didnt back off when it was a third and long and immediately gave them a first down.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Not from what i remember of the hit. Its the same exact circumstance that John Lynch got when he nailed the chiefs player some time back. Doesnt mean i like the rules but they are in place and the hit that Moore put on the guy was late (not too mention helmet to helmet). You can argue all day long about the semantics of one guy lowering his head to brace for a hit but it changes nothing. Ive been saying that very same thing for the last 3 years and now all of a sudden people want to use that line as an excuse? Again, bitch, cry, whine whatever about the rule but thats how they are written at this time but judging from what i saw of that hit it was a good call. I know this because i was extremely pissed that he didnt back off when it was a third and long and immediately gave them a first down.
    I don't know what else to say other than your analogy to Lynch is way off and you are simply wrong on the rest.

3. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I don't know what else to say other than your analogy to Lynch is way off and you are simply wrong on the rest.
    Your opinion, not fact.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Way, way off, North. I ran, reran, and ran again the replay. There was no way
    Moore could have avoided the hit, and no way he could have avoided the
    helmet-to-helmet. The receiver lowered his helmet just before contact. To
    back off, Moore would have had to stop in mid-air. No one has done that
    since Superman died . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    Anyone got a video of this? I would love to see what happened. I missed the second half.
    http://sportadore.com/Away?u=http%3A....co%2FTOZSoTk6

Your opinion, not fact.
    My opinion is that your opinion is wrong. Better?

9. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

The replay shows the crown of the receiver's helmet striking the side of Moore's helmet.

What in the world was the NFL looking at?
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

This is complete crap. I questioned the call at the time of the incident and now this?

I'm sorry, but these replacement officials screwed the pooch all over the league and I think it's totally unprofessional. We need the regular staff back ASAP! These guys running the show right now are incompetent and completely in over their heads.

God Bless Our Military Men and Women.

Damien Nash
    Darrent Williams
    Kenny McKinley

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It's a BS call and fine - unavoidable hit by Moore because of how Sanders himself went down.

Moore did try to go low and tried to avoid the head. But he got caught in a difficult spot when Sanders also dipped his head, leading to the helmet-to-helmet hit. Moore was flagged for the hit -- which is going to happen when heads knock -- and Sanders left the game.

Still, it's tough for Moore to do anything else here, with the game moving at full-speed and Sanders dipping down late. Neither player was in a good spot.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Moore himself said it was a bonehead play on his part. It was.

It was pointless and he could have avoided it. I don't think he intended a helmet hit but he didn't even need to make a hit on the play. He could have been paralyzed himself on the hit.

Hope he pays the fine and moves on this time. Get your shit together, Rahim "the Dream".
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 09-14-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Moore himself said it was a bonehead play on his part. It was.

It was pointless and he could have avoided it.
    "It is what it is. Keep working hard, keep playing, do whatever it takes to help the team win," Moore said. "I want to play the game right. I want to do what's right within the rules. But we all make mistakes."

Moore wasn't surprised at the fine; he'd been bracing himself for it since Sunday.

"You look close at the tape, it shows that it wasn't intentional," Moore said. "Got to roll with it, man, try to eliminate those mistakes."

"It's always something in my hits. It's always, like, 'Oh, it didn't look like it,' and I hope they don't fine me, but they can't take the win from us, and that's all that matters," Moore said.

"It's one of those things where you really can't pre-judge it. It's instinct. You react to the man and you try to make the play,"

"I came from the other side of the field. I was flying in so fast and I was trying to close on the ball, just do what my coaches wanted me to do, and just close on the ball," Moore said. "I don't play the game to hurt anybody. I like to play it right and play it fair."

I'm still searching for where Moore is quoted as saying it was a "bonehead" play. Maybe you can post a link, otherwise I call BS.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

If I'm an NFL defensive player, I should just demand another $100K-$200K be added to my salary in order to pay for bullshit fines I wouldn't have to pay if I was an offensive player. MY JOB is to be there and hit that man so he doesn't advance and there will be times when my helmet is going to hit an opposing players helmet because the speed and momentum of the game means I can't anticipate where everyone else's helmet will be at all times.

If the defenders had total control over their helmets and bodies as they played defense, they should never have violent collisions with teammates and yet we all know that they do. Remember those Bronco safeties at the end of the Super Bowl vs. the Packers. They KO'd each other and we've seen that sort of thing happen many times.

But no matter how violently a player crashes into a teammate, he's never suspended or fined. It's only when he crashes into an offensive player - as if to say his motives for hitting an offensive player is always deliberate but his hits of defensive teammates are just blind coincidences.

Fines like this just tell me how ignorant the NFL is about what their own employees do for a living.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

19. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

OK, people bitch and moan about the NFL making these safety rules but they didn't start getting serious about it until the players started suing. Shouldn't there be some criticism on the players because they know how violent the sport can be especially at the NFL level. NFLPA signs off on these rules as well. Goodell and the NFL side has their cons but when can we start telling the players they are doing it to themselves.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Moore is getting as bad rap as a dirty payer and he is not. The play was a football play and thats why they wear helmets. I didnt even need to see a replay to know that Rahim was making a clean play. As top said, you cant just stop in mid air or mid stride.. Those are decisions that are made in micro seconds and have no malicious intent. $21,000? OMG that is asinine. Then fine the receiver too for using his helmet for protection.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information