Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ty Warren Injury

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Time to see some of our young guys step up..Jackson and Wolfe.

2. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

well wolfe aint playin NT he'll run UT in passing situations. Jackson and Siliga are the dudes now

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

Ugh...I feel bad for Warren. It seemed he would be making a huge impact this year. This just means more playing time for Jackson and hopefully for Siliga. I see the Broncos signing a veteran, like Marcus Thomas as some already suggested.
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

5. The Following User High Fived ikillz0mbies For This Post:

Since the Broncos were playing hardball with Warren in the offseason my guess is that they already had a contingency plan in the event he didn't play for them this year. Either they are happy with their depth or they have someone else in mind.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by ikillz0mbies View Post
    Ugh...I feel bad for Warren. It seemed he would be making a huge impact this year. This just means more playing time for Jackson and hopefully for Siliga. I see the Broncos signing a veteran, like Marcus Thomas as some already suggested.

We already know what Thomas brings. I'd like for the team to possibly look at some bigger DT's like Frank Okam or Remi Ayodele.
    Last edited by Traveler; 09-11-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't dislike Warren and was all for keeping him because had good camp and preseason but now that he is injuried yet again it's time to let him go.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

I'll say it again....we should have kept Bunkley. He was really good for us and we have 15 million in cap space still. Poor choice of not keeping him and going with Warren who is injury prone.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

11. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I think 3rd quarter, not sure though
    It was early first quarter....that's why you never saw him in the game really.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Warren played the first 5 snaps of the game. Then he re-tore the same triceps that he hurt last year. He hasn't been really healthy since 2008 and this is very probably the end of his career.
    Warren's woes

If Ty Warren's season is over, it will make three consecutive years spent on injured reserve. A look at Warren's injury history:

2010 — While with the Patriots, Warren couldn't shake a nagging hip injury that had bothered him consistently through 2009. He had surgery in August and missed the entire season. Warren spent much of the time while he was rehabbing in College Station, Texas, finishing the credits to earn his bachelor's degree at Texas A&M.

2011 — Warren was released by the Patriots after the lockout ended and quickly signed a two-year, $8 million contract with the Broncos. In mid-August, Warren suffered a partial triceps tear in his right triceps during a 9-on-7 drill. The Broncos gave him a spot on the 53-man roster after the preseason, but he soon suffered a setback and was placed on injured reserve Sept. 17.

2012 — Warren played in the Broncos' first three preseason games and was healthy through training camp. He tore the right triceps again on his fifth defensive snap Sunday against Pittsburgh.
    Two years on IR with a hip injury while a Patriot. Two years on IR as a Bronco with a triceps injury.
    "Turn out the lights, the party's over. They say that all good things must end." -- Dandy Don Meredith

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

that's what we get for relying on a guy as broken-down as ty. . . no offense to him, it's just how it is. . . i LOVE most of the new FO's personnel moves-- still wish they'd get DT settled with a couple solid players at some point, though. . .

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    that's what we get for relying on a guy as broken-down as ty. . . no offense to him, it's just how it is. . . i LOVE most of the new FO's personnel moves-- still wish they'd get DT settled with a couple solid players at some point, though. . .
    Agreed 100% obviously...

I think all of the Peyton Manning hype is overshadowing the fact that we ought to be terrified that our two starting DTs are Vickerson and Bannan. Do you know anything about the younger guys? Do Jackson and Siliga give us any hope?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

why is Chris Harris in a walking boot?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Agreed 100% obviously...

I think all of the Peyton Manning hype is overshadowing the fact that we ought to be terrified that our two starting DTs are Vickerson and Bannan. Do you know anything about the younger guys? Do Jackson and Siliga give us any hope?

i know nothing about siliga, other than he was on our PS last year, and the coaching staff supposedly likes his potential as a run-stopper. . . jackson has ability, but he's another 'tweener type, undersized and played mostly end in college. . . smilin' assassin would really be the guy to ask about malik. . .

bluntly, it looks to me like run defense is a low priority for this squad-- we're pretty much building directly from the indy blueprint, planning on having the lead and focusing on our pass D pretty heavily. . . i don't love it that much given indy's typical playoff results, honestly. . . i was hoping we'd try to put more of a balanced team around manning. . . normally i wouldn't feel this way, but given our unique opportunity here, i kinda wish we'd just sucked it up and overpaid bunkley. . . ah well, we'll see where it goes. . .

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i know nothing about siliga, other than he was on our PS last year, and the coaching staff supposedly likes his potential as a run-stopper. . . jackson has ability, but he's another 'tweener type, undersized and played mostly end in college. . . smilin' assassin would really be the guy to ask about malik. . .

bluntly, it looks to me like run defense is a low priority for this squad-- we're pretty much building directly from the indy blueprint, planning on having the lead and focusing on our pass D pretty heavily. . . i don't love it that much given indy's typical playoff results, honestly. . . i was hoping we'd try to put more of a balanced team around manning. . . normally i wouldn't feel this way, but given our unique opportunity here, i kinda wish we'd just sucked it up and overpaid bunkley. . . ah well, we'll see where it goes. . .
    That's why I really would like to see what Jackson could do as LE and just move Wolfe inside to 3 technique where he played in college. At 6'5" and 270, Jackson is almost a prototypical DE. At least bring him in with Wolfe, Von, and Doom for the "NASCAR package".

Also, I like the way Unrein has been playing. He's been just as solid as anyone else out there. The guy I'm the most baffled at still starting is Bannan. He's poor vs the run and darn near invisible at pass rushing.

In watching the game, I noticed that on obvious passing downs we played a 3-3-5 nickle package most of the time with Doom, Wolfe, and Unrein down, Von standing as an OLB/DE on the edge, and Woodyard and Mays as the true stand up LBs. Every time I see Mays out there on passing downs, I cringe. I'd like to see Mays replaced with Trevathan or Irving at least, but I'd really love to see us try some "big Nickel" stuff with Mays being replaced by a Safety. Carter or Leonhard would be better in coverage vs a TE, and both can run downhill and hit if the offense tries to run a draw play.

Right now, the only guys I have doubts about on the defense are Bannan and Mays. It would be great to bring in another DT like Ayodele, but if we're going to dance with the girl we brought, I'd rather Bannan move into a reserve role.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

21. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information