Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Looking for Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I got my Xoom. I like it so far.
    That thing was a beast. I put emulators on it and played using a PS3 controller. Damn, I forgot all about that thing. I used to love Motorola. Good bump.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Now I want a new one. I hate you.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I'm still needing some advice to prevent myself from spending $100s on a tablet on an unsatisfactory tablet for the 3rd time

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    The 1st 2 tablets that I purchased had 1 thing in common, they were both bargain basement models that were on the brink of being taken off the market in favor of updated versions. This may have had something to do with my dissatisfaction with both. Nevertheless, I would like to get the input of our techies to avoid a repeat of the problems that I had before.

1) Galaxy Tab 2 (2012-13): The only other tablet options then were the I-pad and the stripped-down generics. Being anti-Apple since the ‘90s, the GT2 with its Android operating system that I had become accustom with my Android smartphone, it was the only option I entertained. One of my main uses for it was to access MS Office files that I created on my Windows 7 laptop. However, what showed up on the tablet, especially in terms of the layout of my PowerPoint slides, was not exactly like I created on my laptop. I assumed that there may have been some compatibility issues between Windows and Android that cause the problems. If this problem has been worked out since, then this would no longer be a reason to not buy the latest Galaxy Tab.

2) Microsoft Surface (2015): In order to avoid the compatibility issues that I assumed I had before, I got a tablet with the Windows 8 operating system access the MS Office files that I created on my Windows 8 laptop. By the time I bought it, the Surface Pro 4 had just hit the market. Those programs worked fine, but a fringe benefit that I assumed that I would also have, the ability to play my higher quality (when compared to what’s available from the app stores) Windows games. I now have a membership with Steem.com and being able to play games that I’ve purchased there would be a decisive factor in buy the latest Surface.

I also discovered that the cheapy models lacked enough RAM & big enough HD, as did the laptop my stepdad bought me 2 Christmases ago. I just upgrade my laptop to 8GB of RAM & a 512GB SSD, 175GB are still available. If the only games that I can play on a tablet are the lower quality games available in the app stores, then why would I need any more then the 4GB RAM & 128GB HD available in the more budget friendly models? One thing for sure, if I don’t need a TB HD for my laptop, there’s no way I would need 1 for a tablet.

I had to do 2 separate Google Shopping searches because I couldn’t select both the 12-14 and over 14 inches screen size for the same search, here’s the links for the results:

12-14 inchs: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...BNsQuisI5wIoBA

Over 14 inches: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...w=1366&bih=584

My next tablet will come from 1 or these 2 list.

Oh, and what kind of bells & whistles do some of the more expensive models with less RAM & smaller HDs have that the lower price models of the same brand with more RAM & bigger HDs don’t have.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information