Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194
Results 2,896 to 2,904 of 2904

Thread: 2012 Other Games Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    RG3 is going to be like most mobile QB's and have durability issues. I've followed the skins in the entire year because I really like RG3 for a lot of reasons. I expect next year that the Skins will modify the playcalling a bit. He's shown he can play an entire game as a pocket passer. They need to work on that aspect of his game and for their team. Their line sucks, their WR Corp is average but it has some upside. Getting back Fred Davis can only help as well.
    I was thinking the same thing.

I keep hearing from fans and some journalists that the NFL QB is going to change and guys like Newton, Tebow, and RGIII are going to change the game forever. I just dont see it. And it really has been quite clear since Vick entered the league. Yea, these guys can do some great things but the durability plus some of the accuracy woes (with some of them) are a huge detriment to any team. At the end of the day its still going to be the pass first, run second type of QB that will win SB titles. RGIII has a great arm and pretty good accuracy but he still tries to play like he did in college and that just isnt going to work in the long run as he will never survive playing like that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    For as much as I like Russell Wilson, I just can't like the Seahawks. Carroll is a cheater, and Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner are a loudmouth shit-talkers. I hope the Falcons beat them next week.
    Im with you there. Not so much with the cheating thing but Carroll is a arrogant ***** and far more annoying than Rex Ryan. He reminds me so much of McDaniels and its just irritating. Shanahan really blew it today by allowing RGIII to continue when it was obvious he was having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

I keep hearing from fans and some journalists that the NFL QB is going to change and guys like Newton, Tebow, and RGIII are going to change the game forever. I just dont see it. And it really has been quite clear since Vick entered the league. Yea, these guys can do some great things but the durability plus some of the accuracy woes (with some of them) are a huge detriment to any team. At the end of the day its still going to be the pass first, run second type of QB that will win SB titles. RGIII has a great arm and pretty good accuracy but he still tries to play like he did in college and that just isnt going to work in the long run as he will never survive playing like that.
    The thing with RG3 is that he wants to be a pocket passer. I think some people (not you) forget that they are easing him into the league. I think eventually you're going to see him as a pocker passer with a scary running attack and he will be allowed to do some of the designed runs and option plays. Shanahan isn't a moron and he's not going to just be like "hey faggot, play like you're peyton manning from the get go."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Pete Carrol? more like Pete Ferrel or Pete Peril

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Love you too, brother.
    One day you will be a nicer person on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Interesting to note that no team in the Wild Card round scored more than 24 points.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

While I agree with all of this, it also needs to be highlighted that RGIII needs to learn to slide. He had a few runs tonight where he took unnecessary shots.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

These teams should just shitcan the zone read. On one hand, zone read QB's are a dime o dozen, you can find thousands of them in the yellow pages, on the other hand, RG3's are not. Defenses adjust to the zone read and those that can't will just force the keep and take the free hit on the QB. This is fine with backups like VY and Tebow but not so much with real NFL QB talents like RG3 and Keapernick.

In the end nothing will change much, the Have's will have QB's that can win from the pocket and the Have Not's will just cycle through subpar QB talent regardless of what kind of system they run.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Just saw this on twitter:

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL
    Robert Griffin III will require further tests on injured right knee after inconclusive MRI due to previous ACL tear.
    Getting Stoked

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information