Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Bronco fans told they can't wear Peyton Manning jerseys to school

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That is a terrible solution, on so many levels. It's not even remotely plausible, and it wouldn't solve anything.
    eat my excrement.
    dont fight gangs, yield to them, yes, that is a much betteer solution, m y bad.
    I am sure that mentality is exactly why the gangs are so under control in greeley.
    silly me.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    eat my excrement.
    dont fight gangs, yield to them, yes, that is a much betteer solution, m y bad.
    I am sure that mentality is exactly why the gangs are so under control in greeley.
    silly me.
    Get law enforcement to volunteer their time to dress up in gang gear and head out to shoot the gang members. That's what you suggested. That's inane, and not plausible.

You fight gangs like Denver fought gangs. Through community leaders, especially those of the same race as the members of those gangs. In this particular situation, from the Hispanic population of Greeley, and combat it through the church and through those who can relate to the gang members.

You also battle drug dealing through undercover means and task forces. You also institute policies (such as this one) in the schools, and educate children about the problems that gangs cause, specifically violence and drugs.

There are plausible ways to fix a gang problem, and believe thwarting it in the schools by a.) not allowing kids to wear gang-affiliated stuff to both protect the innocent kids and keep kids from affiliating with their gang for at least eight hours of the day and b.) educating teachers about who those high-risk children could be, and the warning signs of what might lead to it and getting those teachers to report it, both to the administration and then, in turn, getting administration to report it to the police.

Dressing cops up in Manning jerseys and swarming the city is asinine.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

mo you should be the mayor of greeley !

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    mo you should be the mayor of greeley !
    Common sense, and a little research.

Try it next time.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

"...combat it through the church and through those who can relate to the gang members."
    so very plausable, on so many levels.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

we need to educate gang members.
    they need to learn what the fat end of an aluminum bat feels like against their skulls.
    then, I can teach them how to type and spell.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You fight gangs like Denver fought gangs. Through community leaders, especially those of the same race as the members of those gangs. In this particular situation, from the Hispanic population of Greeley, and combat it through the church and through those who can relate to the gang members.

You also battle drug dealing through undercover means and task forces. You also institute policies (such as this one) in the schools, and educate children about the problems that gangs cause, specifically violence and drugs.

There are plausible ways to fix a gang problem, and believe thwarting it in the schools by a.) not allowing kids to wear gang-affiliated stuff to both protect the innocent kids and keep kids from affiliating with their gang for at least eight hours of the day and b.) educating teachers about who those high-risk children could be, and the warning signs of what might lead to it and getting those teachers to report it, both to the administration and then, in turn, getting administration to report it to the police.
    Yeah that TOTALLY worked in Denver. Gang problem eliminated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFanatic View Post
    Yeah that TOTALLY worked in Denver. Gang problem eliminated.
    Why do you think the problem is now in Greeley?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Having grown up on a farm & ranch outside Grover, Colo., a little hamlet of
    approximately 125 (if you count the horse), about 50 miles north of Greeley, and
    then moving into Greeley in 1959, I've long pictured Greeley as the little cowtown
    of 30,000. The worst infractions by high school students that I remember were
    occasional fist fights and smoking cigarettes behind the school building. Greeley
    is where my parents and sister are buried. To hear of those gangs just breaks my
    heart.
    Same here, only time I attended school in Greeley was Kindergarten..and I wasn't too rowdy... yet...

Greeley is where my Grandparents retired to, Highland Hills.
    Back when there were fields between houses to play in.
    Most Holidays were spent there.
    One of Glenn Miller's brothers lived across the street, was my first Dentist.
    Many good times.

While I did move a LOT, always came home to Greeley, where I felt safe.
    Went to some mean schools in So. California and inner city Colorado Springs.
    It is no fun at all...

Graduated at Air Academy high school north of the Springs.
    Great school, also felt very safe there which was a nice change.
    Last edited by 2- Minute Warning; 09-07-2012 at 09:26 AM.

11. The Following User High Fived 2- Minute Warning For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Okay...

We have some ****** up priorities as a country when we ban children from wearing a certain number on a jersey...

If I was a dad in that area, I'd make sure to go to every PTA meeting - wearing a #18 Peyton Manning jersey. Good luck making me take it off...

I wonder if these numbers have also been banned from the district's High School football teams? If they aren't, it's hypocrisy at the highest levels. When I was in high school, we always wore our football jerseys to school on game days. So much nonsense.
    You would take it off or simply be sent home. I"m sure you would take it off.

The numbers were listed. They talked with Dreesen about it (#81..the reverse of 18, which is also banned)..... and he says he doesn't have a problem with it.

You people do realize, that the reason the number was banned is because kids had been targeted purely BECAUSE of wearing the number, right? ITs not just some random idea. This "priorities" are messed up is just the opposite of the truth. The system is trying to keep the kids safe.... and not just the ones WEARING a number. Its a pretty simple concept. If you are wearing a number 18 at school, you could be looked upon as a member of the 18th streeet gang, and could not only become a target, but put people around you in danger as well. How is that a messed up priority?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I never said they dont get jumped for colors or numbers MO. I simply said the problem isnt attire and it isnt strictly related to just numbers and colors. My basic point is your kid could get jumped or killed just for his tennis shoes. What are you going to do? Make him wear flip flops to school? Sure, its a concern but its not the real and only problem. If there is that kind of violence (on a regular basis) than something more needs to be done rather than forcing kids to not wear certain numbers out of fear. At this point, that kind of behavior is just letting them win. Makes no sense to me.
    But they, the school district, KNOWS that this is a problem. They KNOW that #18 and #13, #31 and #81, are SERIOUS problems. The gangs make EXAMPLES of people wearing those numbers PURELY to make a point. Has nothing to do with the victim, and everything to do with the #18. Does an elemetary kid understand that and turn their heads knowing that kid is putting his LIFE in danger simply because he wants to wear Manning jersey?

So you may feel that its "letting them win"...but making a stand, with a kid's life, isn't going to change anything....other than having a dead child.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

14. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information