Page 2 of 766 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    My only concern is K-Mart. With as much pain as he is going through, he can't
    be having any fun out there. And the Nuggets really need him with Nene out
    injured.

-----
    The Nuggets might have to bring up or sign a big man soon. Camby needs some rest during games, K-Mart has to be worked in slowly, and with Nene out at least another 5 weeks how long can the Nuggets get by with the scat unit?

I am not saying that it will be a big named game changer, no just someone to grab rebounds and change shots when Cmaby sits down. It will be big to get solid play out of K-Mart the mins he can play.

The scat unit has been a big spark. Karl loves players who hustle and play D, that is why Smith, Kuba, Jones, LK, and Eddy are a line up he uses in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs.

When Atkins and AC come back, Waffer and Wilks will most likely be the odd men out. AI is playing very solid, Melo as well, team should be ok till Nene gets back as long as they don't slack to often on the defensive end.

I am likeing Melo's defense, it was something that he wanted to work on and is something that was lacking from his game in the past. Imporved his outside shot this year, now a threat from outside and driving, how do you gaurd him? Its scary that he has the ability to get even better. I have been saying that he could take his game to another level for two years, the coaches have got on him about rebounding more, should have more double-doubles IMO.

Will be a battle all year for the north west title, Jazz are very good team. As long as the Nuggets can limit the let down games and not lose to teams that they shouldn't more then say once, their record should continue to improve.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

I went to the Nuggets game tonight! My first one ever. I had a good time, but we should have beaten up on the TWolves a bit more.

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    I went to the Nuggets game tonight! My first one ever. I had a good time, but we should have beaten up on the TWolves a bit more.
    Yeah they should have, but you never know if its going to be one of those nights where no shots are falling, etc...

That sucks AI didn't do anything last night, because I heard he's one of the best to see in person.

BTW, GO SUNS!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post

BTW, GO SUNS!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

GREAT Nuggets blowout win tonight - Nuggets 115 - Miami 89

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

tops, i know they are MANY suns fans in tucson.....whats your reason for being a bugget fan ?

Adopted Bronco:

Well isn't this special - this past Wednesday, KMart was called for a flagrant foul, and the league waits until today after the Nuggets shoot around to suspend KMart for tonight's game. They are playing in San Antonio right now - sure game Coach Karl time to plan for KMart being out tonight - NOT!!!!!

http://www.nba.com/news/Denverrsquos...248721-32.html

Denver’s Kenyon Martin Suspended
    Posted Dec 15 2007 2:54PM

NEW YORK, Dec. 15, 2007 – Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin has been suspended for one game without pay and assessed a Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two for flagrantly fouling Melvin Elyof the New Orleans Hornets by striking him in the head with an elbow, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 9:40 remaining in the second period of Denver’s 105-99 win over the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday, Dec. 12 at the Pepsi Center. Martin will serve the suspension tonight when the Nuggets play the San Antonio Spurs at the AT&T Center.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Nuggets can't beat the Spurs, letting the Spurs score 36 in the 3rd is not a way to beat the Spurs, holding them to 10 points in the 4th is but dosn't help after you are already down 18.

AI has been a man on fire, Trail Blazers tonight, need this one. Utah just snaped its 6 game losing streak. Division will be big if the Nuggets can keep up with the Jazz, will be nice not to have to play the Spurs in the first round. Still a lot of basketball to be played and the Nuggets can still imporve as a team if they want to.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Adopted Bronco:

http://www.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=83012

It's been a good year for Allen Iverson since joining Nuggets

DENVER (AP) - Allen Iverson is no longer the leading man he was in Philadelphia. Carmelo Anthony holds that title in Denver. So Iverson, the former MVP and four-time scoring champion, is content being the wingman.

"I'm happy," declared Iverson, who doesn't regret leaving Philly a year ago Wednesday and bringing his gritty game to the Rocky Mountains.

"What I went through there is definitely past. I'm gone. I'm not thinking about that," Iverson said. "I'm comfortable here. I'm cool. We're still growing as a team. We're getting better."

Although the Nuggets still are trying to develop an identity after another injury-riddled start to the season, Iverson sees a lot of potential -- more, he insists, than he ever saw in Philly.

"The talent level is a lot better than what I played with in my career," Iverson said. "I'm happy to be on a team where I have an opportunity to win."

He's so optimistic about Denver's future he's talking about opting out of his current contract and re-signing this summer for six years, although the Nuggets would face a big luxury tax because the deal would extend beyond his 36th birthday.

"Yeah, hopefully we can get something done," said Iverson, who is making $19 million this season and is scheduled to make $20.8 million next year. "But that's not up to me. My whole thing is to play every game like it's my last game. Playing hard for 48 minutes and give everything I have and that contract thing will take care of itself."

Nuggets player personnel director Mark Warkentien doesn't talk about contracts during the season, but neither the team nor Iverson wants a change.

However, does it make sense to give a 32-year-old player a maximum deal?

"One thing I'll give A.I. is he has a superhuman body. He's proven that over the years," Denver coach George Karl said.

Last December, Iverson soured on his relationship with Philadelphia coach Maurice Cheeks. Iverson was deactivated for his final six games before Denver came up with the right package of players and picks to pry him away.

At first it seemed Iverson had traded one dysfunctional team for another.

For the first 2 1/2 months with Denver, Iverson was part of a roll-the-dice lineup in constant flux because of injuries, illnesses, trades and suspensions. Although Iverson and 'Melo showed two superstars can coexist, the Nuggets still were bounced from the playoffs by San Antonio in the first round last spring.

This year, the Nuggets once again have been forced to play with creative lineups due to a rash of injuries. Still, they lead the Northwest Division and expect to get it together in time to make a run in the playoffs.

So far, Iverson hasn't clashed with Karl, who gives the 1996 No. 1 pick lots of leeway to do his thing and accepts his turnovers as a consequence of his unique style.

Karl vehemently defended Iverson when Charles Barkley criticized Iverson as selfish after a recent 51-point performance.

"You're always going to have your Barkley taking a 35 and 12 game and criticizing it," Karl said. "I don't get it. People still criticize our defense. We're not a great defensive team on an every-possession basis, but we have moved into a pretty good defensive team statistically."

And Karl said he believes the solution is The Answer, whom he said can turn the Nuggets from first-round fodder into a contender.

"Right now, the mode is to make a step from a top-12 team in the league to a top-5 team in the league," Karl said. "I think we're moving in that direction."

Iverson agreed.

"It is a different situation when I was with Philly," he said. "I honestly thought I had a chance to win a championship there just because I believed in myself, I believed in my teammates and I believed in the coaching staff and the organization. I even felt that way before I left. I felt that all we had to do was just try to get into the playoffs. And once you get into the playoffs anything can happen.

"But here it feels even better because the talent level is a lot better and these people around here are committed to trying to win basketball games."

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

J.R. Smith was active, but did not play as a coaches' decision on Sunday against Portland. Coach George Karl cited the guard's poor defense and continued questionable decision-making. Wednesday, the two met to discuss what Smith needs to do to get out of Karl's doghouse. "We talked about what we needed to talk about. That was it," Smith said. "Can't discuss that, it's just between the team." Smith did say the meeting was cordial. "It was a friendly meeting," Smith said. "There wasn't anybody screaming at each other. It was just a man-on-man conversation." -- Denver Post
    I don't know what the rift is between the 2 but JR needs to be on the floor. He just needs to find consitancy. He has the ability to hit hte 3 which is missed and needed to take some pressure off of AI and Melo. "ONe man comeback" as dubed by Hastings. This really bugs me, I like JR, I know he is young but what does Karl have against him? It is really starting to anger me.

Chucky Atkins has missed the entire season with a groin injury but says he is 80 to 85 percent. The sharpshooting guard originally set his return for Dec. 26, but Karl said Wednesday that may be pushed up to this weekend. The Nuggets play Friday at Portland and Sunday at Sacramento. "I think he's shooting for one of those days," Karl said. "I think he moved it up a little bit. We had two pretty substantial practices, and he stayed through all of it." Atkins, however, remains cautious. -- Denver Post
    Well don't know if you can expect much being he has not played in months and is coming off an injury so it will take him some time to get used to the game and his teamates. Would like to have another shooter on the floor and someone that can take some time at the point.

My brother saw JR Smith at Best Buy last night. I thought that was pretty cool despite his lacking on the court recently.

Go Rockies!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Chucky Atkins has been spotted on the FLOOR! Nuggets down early, Melo just can not get out of the slump, AI still on fire.

Nuggets need to get games like these. If they want to be the team they say they can, (lots of theys). A McGrady less Rocket team should be beat!

Atkins 8pts, 2-4 from 3 (2nd qtr)

go nuggets
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 12-20-2007 at 11:36 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i just caught the second overtime of tonight's game-- anthony carter hit a shot with .8 seconds left to win the game. . .

GO NUGS!!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Traveled to Portland after the game lost an hour, game ended at midnight, see if anything is left in the tank. Melo fought through a hard game last night. Just needs one of those games to get his shot back. AI went off as well.

Someone else is most likely going to have to score some points tonight. LK, Atkins, Camby, make a few buckets so they don't have to depend on AI and Melo the whole game again. It would make the long night and trip easier for everyone.

Portland is on fire, a young team that is winning, and no where near the dumps, Oden who?

I was all set to go to the Nuggets game tonight but it fell through. Now I am sad and will only be watching from my couch.

Go Rockies!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information