Page 582 of 766 FirstFirst ... 82 482 532 572 580 581 582 583 584 592 632 682 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Defensive-minded Nuggets collect third straight victory

Finally, after much poking and prodding, Nuggets coach Brian Shaw and his staff have struck what appears to be defensive gold.

And it is from a tried and true principle used by personal trainers and self-help gurus everywhere: short-term goals to produce long-term success.

Here's how it works: The staff challenged the team to hold opponents to 24 points or fewer per quarter. That keeps them under 100 points for the game, which is exactly where Shaw wants that number to always be.

That carrot has worked.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...raight-victory

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Two decisions I didn't like tonight:

-Gallinari inbounding the ball with 0.5 left in the game when you need a shooter to hit a shot
    -A Lawson clear out with 45 seconds left in overtime up by 4

Both are WTF moments.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Kobe gives the game to the Nuggets with a horrible shot.

Dude is getting worse and worse in his old age. And more stubborn every day.

Thanks, Kobeashi.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Another good win. Let's turn this around, boys...

Oh, and Derrick Rose is a pansy.

Coach Shaw has this team playing some very good defense overall. It's nice to see Harris getting some minutes as well. The kid can play.

7. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Don't like to see this:

@RadioKoz: No Faried (back) Robinson (back) Mcgee (leg) Foye (knee) or Nurkic (not with team personal reasons.

Mostly the Faried and McGee...I can do without Robinson and Foye, because I'm liking Erick Green a lot and he should get some minutes tonight.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Also ordered me a sweet baby blue hoodie with the throwback logo and lettering on it today...Green Monday sale...

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I do not agree with Shaw playing the same 5 almost all of the 2nd half.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

12. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I do not agree with Shaw playing the same 5 almost all of the 2nd half.
    That group did get the Nuggets back in to the game and into overtime. That said, I thought Green and Harris would get more minutes tonight and the starting 5 was gassed by overtime.

Not a bad loss.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That group did get the Nuggets back in to the game and into overtime. That said, I thought Green and Harris would get more minutes tonight and the starting 5 was gassed by overtime.

Not a bad loss.
    Definitely not a bad loss. Yes they were gassed by OT, and that's why Shaw should have not played them the entire 2nd half. He did not need to take them all out at once, but just keep rotating, so that they could have caught their breath for a few minutes.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Darrell Arthur had a shitty first half.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	6252

I really hope that the Nuggets are sellers this season. Maybe we could use a couple of friendly contracts to move out a couple of bad ones.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I heard we might be interested in Lance Stephenson. The same guy whose current team soured on him in less than half a season - and the guy who Indiana reportedly didn't want back. Sounds about right. Let's bring on another immovable contract.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I heard we might be interested in Lance Stephenson. The same guy whose current team soured on him in less than half a season - and the guy who Indiana reportedly didn't want back. Sounds about right. Let's bring on another immovable contract.
    horrible move-- and apparently, typical nugs at this point. . . then there's this. . .

nuggets reportedly interested in mike "no D"antoni

i freaking despise that assclown! if they hire him, i am straight-up done with the organization for the duration of his tenure. . . little joshy needs to pull his head out of his ass-- he's seriously reminding me of another little josh, who recently burned a proud denver franchise to the ground. . . unfortunately, the nuggets' josh can't be fired. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information