Page 635 of 767 FirstFirst ... 135 535 585 625 633 634 635 636 637 645 685 735 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 11496

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If we can't have Ingram, Hield, Dunn or Brown would be my preferences.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Emmanuel Mudiay, Nikola Jokic named to NBA All-Rookie teams

Nuggets center Nikola Jokic and point guard Emmanuel Mudiay kept the first-year accolades coming on Thursday afternoon.

Jokic was named to the NBA All-Rookie first team, while Mudiay was named to the All-Rookie second team. It is the second consecutive year the Nuggets have had at least one player on one of the teams.

The full All-Rookie first team consisted of Minnesota's Karl-Anthony Towns, New York's Kristaps Porzingis, Jokic, Philadelphia's Jalil Okafor and Phoenix's Devin Booker.

The second team featured: Mudiay, L.A. Lakers D'Angelo Russell, Sacramento's Willie Cauley-Stein, Miami's Justise Winslow and Indiana's Myles Turner.

The Nuggets were the only team to have two players appear in the total group of 10 players.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...nba-all-rookie

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

thought this was kind of interesting. . .

It has been a season of discovery for Donovan. He entered training camp with an open mind. He has echoed the same message the front office was trumpeting way back in October: Don't obsess about what it looks like now; think about what it can look like later. Presti didn't construct a roster to play one way. Or even two ways.

As one team executive said, if you identify the trend and try to copy it, you're already too late. It's about defining your own trend. The Thunder were rigid in their roster building. Presti has always put a priority on size at each position, athleticism and positional versatility. The "trend" the Thunder are creating is having an elastic roster that can bend in whatever way is required. But what that takes is a high-minded coach, one who can identify adjustments and enact them on the fly. Donovan was taking over a talented, but complex roster. He had 82 games to figure it out. And he used every single one of them to do it.
    bottom of the third entry

it's a solid approach, if you have a good coaching staff in place. . . i think we do. . . if the nugs can't trade up for ingram, jaylen brown or timothe luwawu would fit with this philosophy. . . i'd still take hield, though-- shooting never goes out of style. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    thought this was kind of interesting. . .

bottom of the third entry

it's a solid approach, if you have a good coaching staff in place. . . i think we do. . . if the nugs can't trade up for ingram, jaylen brown or timothe luwawu would fit with this philosophy. . . i'd still take hield, though-- shooting never goes out of style. . .
    It's a solid approach if you know you're good enough to get to the conference finals. You have to be good enough to get there, first.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It's a solid approach if you know you're good enough to get to the conference finals. You have to be good enough to get there, first.
    no, i meant it's a solid approach to roster construction. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

no, i meant it's a solid approach to roster construction. . .
    I'd think everyone would like to be that versatile, yeah?

Adopted Bronco:

I'd think everyone would like to be that versatile, yeah?
    makes sense to me, but a lot of teams sure don't draft that way. . .

i'm getting excited for thursday night. . . i want either bender, hield, jaylen brown or jamaal murray. . . and please god, a power forward with a real skill set with one of our later picks, assuming we don't get bender. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

makes sense to me, but a lot of teams sure don't draft that way. . .

i'm getting excited for thursday night. . . i want either bender, hield, jaylen brown or jamaal murray. . . and please god, a power forward with a real skill set with one of our later picks, assuming we don't get bender. . .
    I don't want Bender. We don't need another big Euro, we need a guard to pair with Mudiay and who can allow Gary Harris to be the seventh man with Barton and be the energy unit.

Adopted Bronco:

I don't want Bender. We don't need another big Euro, we need a guard to pair with Mudiay and who can allow Gary Harris to be the seventh man with Barton and be the energy unit.
    meh! i like gary as a starter about a thousand times more than faried's useless ass. . . kenneth's the guy who should be coming off the bench as an energy guy IMO. . . gary's no star, but he's a very solid two-way player who does almost everything pretty well, and shines with his defensive effort. . . what does faried give us, besides offensive boards?

probably a moot discussion anyway, as bender is projected to go 3rd or 4th in basically every mock i've seen. . . i'd guess that jaylen or buddy are more realistic possibilities for us. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

meh! i like gary as a starter about a thousand times more than faried's useless ass. . . kenneth's the guy who should be coming off the bench as an energy guy IMO. . . gary's no star, but he's a very solid two-way player who does almost everything pretty well, and shines with his defensive effort. . . what does faried give us, besides offensive boards?

probably a moot discussion anyway, as bender is projected to go 3rd or 4th in basically every mock i've seen. . . i'd guess that jaylen or buddy are more realistic possibilities for us. . .
    I'm seeing Brown going pretty high on most expert mocks. I want him badly.

To Faried, I agree. Except I think going big along the front line with two of three Euros and adding Faried to that second line along with Harris and Barton would be intriguing.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'm seeing Brown going pretty high on most expert mocks. I want him badly.

To Faried, I agree. Except I think going big along the front line with two of three Euros and adding Faried to that second line along with Harris and Barton would be intriguing.
    i think it's a really interesting lineup in small doses. . . IMO nikola is probably the best fit at the four, and i think even he would get exposed defensively trying to play big minutes there. . . especially if teams can get him switched onto their wings. . . personally, i might go with more of gallo at the four if chandler is back to form. . . with joker and gallo in the front court, you still have good size, but you'd also get great spacing for mudiay and the wings to drive the lane-- plus gallo can draw one of their bigs out to the three point line to open up space for jokic to operate in the post. . .

i think brown looks like essentially an iguodala starter kit-- if he can develop a decent jumper, dude could be a real stud. . . he's probably our best long term fit, since his defensive ability and versatility fits what malone wants to do so well. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

i think it's a really interesting lineup in small doses. . . IMO nikola is probably the best fit at the four, and i think even he would get exposed defensively trying to play big minutes there. . . especially if teams can get him switched onto their wings. . . personally, i might go with more of gallo at the four if chandler is back to form. . . with joker and gallo in the front court, you still have good size, but you'd also get great spacing for mudiay and the wings to drive the lane-- plus gallo can draw one of their bigs out to the three point line to open up space for jokic to operate in the post. . .

i think brown looks like essentially an iguodala starter kit-- if he can develop a decent jumper, dude could be a real stud. . . he's probably our best long term fit, since his defensive ability and versatility fits what malone wants to do so well. . .
    The problem is a guy with that skill set is the best long term fit for everyone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Talking Denver Nuggets draft with NBA TV analyst Stu Jackson

http://www.denverstiffs.com/2016/6/2...st-stu-jackson

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

The problem is a guy with that skill set is the best long term fit for everyone.
    enh, to an extent. . . i'd absolutely agree that his versatility makes him an attractive fit nearly anywhere-- doesn't mean he'll be the best fit for any situation. . . boston has a crying need for a stud big. . . the wolves have wiggins and lavine on the wings, and may prefer a combo guard like murray. . . the pelicans also have a serious need at guard. . . i think there's a chance brown is still on the board at seven. . . and if the nugs are focused on a particular player, they absolutely have the ammo to move up a few spots. . . to me, phoenix at four is the most likely team to snag brown ahead of us. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

enh, to an extent. . . i'd absolutely agree that his versatility makes him an attractive fit nearly anywhere-- doesn't mean he'll be the best fit for any situation. . . boston has a crying need for a stud big. . . the wolves have wiggins and lavine on the wings, and may prefer a combo guard like murray. . . the pelicans also have a serious need at guard. . . i think there's a chance brown is still on the board at seven. . . and if the nugs are focused on a particular player, they absolutely have the ammo to move up a few spots. . . to me, phoenix at four is the most likely team to snag brown ahead of us. . .
    Boston is selling that pick and their other for a big name. Problem is the Nuggets don't have the big name to go get it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information