Page 651 of 766 FirstFirst ... 151 551 601 641 649 650 651 652 653 661 701 751 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    This might be the most frustrating team to watch, ever.
    Eh. Not true. Not true at all.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Eh. Not true. Not true at all.
    It's pretty bad. They refuse to play defense. Like, honestly, refuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I've decided to adopt the Nuggets as my basketball team - the Celtics have been done away with and I rebuke them.

Also, go Buffs, and Rockies.

So, Dogginngton Fisherson, we got styled on tonight. What happened?
    well, you don't seem to bring much luck with you, do you?

nonetheless, i will welcome you. . . if you're going to be a broncos fan, it's not a good look to root for anything from that craphole bah-ston. . . and i think the nugs have a bright future. . . like MO, i don't agree with timmy!. . . this team is just really young still-- they're going through the growing pains, there is no way around it. . . they improved a lot this year, and i do think most of a strong young core is in place. . .as portland showed us last night, we're probably still a year (and maybe a player) away. . .

and their "stars" aren't established yet. . . it takes time. . . the vets we do have on this team don't know how to win at a high level any more than the kids do, which doesn't help. . . aside from bad pick and roll defense, we lost last night because of too much barton and gallo (who both sucked out loud), and not enough jokic. . . he's not yet the leader who will demand the ball in the post when the offense is sputtering-- he wants to be a distributor and play team ball, now he needs to learn that it's okay for the star to be a little selfish in crunch time. . .

as for the kids, i would say that they don't yet know how to play defense, more than that they don't want to. . . jamaal murray in particular has shown a lot of desire on the defensive end. . . with all the injuries, coach malone hasn't been able to set a steady rotation all year. . . i think (hope!) that the defense will come around with more time. . . with a decent off-season, i absolutely think denver is a playoff team next year. . . our offense is as good as anyone's, so we really only need the D to be middle of the pack. . .

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Getting crushed in 2nd chance points doesn't help either. Biggest game of the year and you don't want to rebound or even friggin try to box out (looking at u Gallo and Chandler)? I really like the young core, but damn if this team doesn't get lazy at the worst possible times.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Getting crushed in 2nd chance points doesn't help either. Biggest game of the year and you don't want to rebound or even friggin try to box out (looking at u Gallo and Chandler)? I really like the young core, but damn if this team doesn't get lazy at the worst possible times.
    Portland has a fierce leader. Does Denver have that kind of leadership?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I understand that Jokic made Nurkic expendable... But man it looks like we're getting crushed in that trade as of right now - and of course especially today after getting our shit pushed in by Nurk. Dog - what's the plan with Plumlee? Is he going to fit in better down the road?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And to think Denver probably could have had Boogie instead of Plumlee for damn near the same compensation...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

And to think Denver probably could have had Boogie instead of Plumlee for damn near the same compensation...
    Boogie is a cancer. I wouldn't take him for free.

Edit: I actually would take him for free as I forgot that our coach just happens to be the Boogie whisperer. Scratch that previous thought.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Boogie is a cancer. I wouldn't take him for free.

Edit: I actually would take him for free as I forgot that our coach just happens to be the Boogie whisperer. Scratch that previous thought.
    I laughed at boogie whisperer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I understand that Jokic made Nurkic expendable... But man it looks like we're getting crushed in that trade as of right now - and of course especially today after getting our shit pushed in by Nurk. Dog - what's the plan with Plumlee? Is he going to fit in better down the road?
    Not really no. Nurkic has more upside and intangibles and is approaching them rather quickly. Really not a good trade for Denver at all unless there was some chemistry issues behind the scenes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Not really no. Nurkic has more upside and intangibles and is approaching them rather quickly. Really not a good trade for Denver at all unless there was some chemistry issues behind the scenes.
    I have heard that there were. Zach Lowe was hinting on a recent podcast that when Nurk hits some adversity in Portland things might not seem so rosy. I think he's got some issues. Nevertheless, it feels like a loss sitting here today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    He basically quit and gained a bunch of weight when he wasn't named a starter.

The Nuggets have a ton of young talent. The problem is, they also have some very good core players that are taking time away from the young guys developing quicker. Gallo, Chandler, Faried, Barton, Arthur, and Nelson are all mediocre players who are keeping Murray, Juancho, Beasley, and Mudiay from getting the minutes they need to develop. (Although the case can be made that Mudiay had his shot and failed). The front office has done a fine job of drafting, but they have to make some better trades to clear out the role players that are taking time away from the younger guys.

The Plumlee trade was a joke. The Nuggets gave up a first round pick in a deep draft to get rid of a team cancer instead of dealing with him. Plumlee is another role player that will eventually take time away from an up and comer. That one was a bad trade. No two ways around it. Plumlee isn't good enough to justify paying big money to keep. Because of his size alone he'll get paid in the offseason. Either the Nuggets will overpay to keep him, or they will have given up that first and a player that was worth a first for nothing but a second round pick.

The young core will be fun to watch, once they get a coach in that will make them play D. Jokic is a possible superstar in the making. Harris is becoming a stud on both ends of the floor, and Murray might have the most potential of the three. I think Juancho has a bright future as well. They need to make some serious moves in the offseason. Unfortunately, the current front office seems to have no clue on how to do that. They could have gotten some value for Gallo at the trade deadline, but he'll probably walk for nothing now. Hopefully the higher ups pull their heads out and make some shrewd moves in the upcoming draft.

16. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Nelson is awful. The two minutes of that game was ugly - the Rockets missed so many free throws... that door was open!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Tony Romo to be honored as 'Maverick for a day'

The Dallas Mavericks plan to honor Tony Romo at their home finale Tuesday night by making the longtime Dallas Cowboys quarterback "a Maverick for a day," ESPN has learned.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Mavericks intend to have Romo on the bench and in uniform for their final regular-season home date against the Denver Nuggets as a means of paying tribute to the longtime former Cowboy.

With starting point guard Seth Curry ailing in recent days and officially out for the rest of the season because of a shoulder ailment, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has said on multiple occasions over the past week that the club would be looking to add "a pass-first point guard" before playing out the season's final five days.

People within the organization, sources tell ESPN, say he has been referring to Romo.

Romo, who turns 37 later this month, announced earlier this week that he is moving to the television booth with CBS after 14 seasons with the Cowboys.

The Mavericks plan to treat him like an actual player on the roster for the day, sources said, even though Romo won't actually play in the game. He last played competitive basketball in high school in Wisconsin.
    rest - http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...e-maverick-day

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information