Page 672 of 766 FirstFirst ... 172 572 622 662 670 671 672 673 674 682 722 ... LastLast
Results 10,066 to 10,080 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ainge is obviously a good GM. . . he also got wildly, unbelievably lucky when brooklyn agreed to the worst desperation trade ever made. . . he also has the full weight of an east coast market and a storied program behind him-- i think other guys could also have succeeded given the assets that he had to work with. . . hiring brad stevens was a masterstroke, though, you have to give him credit for that. . .
    Players don't care about the Celtics mythos anymore. Boston is viewed as a shitty and whiter New York with a bunch of banners stemming from bygone eras.

Ainge played the draft perfect with regards to his young superstars (which he could do via Brooklyn trade) and held onto his assets for a long time, when people killed him for it. He built one roster that was title worthy and this one seems to be pretty damn close. Is he a great GM? He's probably in the arena. I do think the mentality of not being scared (which most GMs are) is correct. He's not scared to make a mistake or make bold moves, even though bold isn't always good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Players don't care about the Celtics mythos anymore. Boston is viewed as a shitty and whiter New York with a bunch of banners stemming from bygone eras.

Ainge played the draft perfect with regards to his young superstars (which he could do via Brooklyn trade) and held onto his assets for a long time, when people killed him for it. He built one roster that was title worthy and this one seems to be pretty damn close. Is he a great GM? He's probably in the arena. I do think the mentality of not being scared (which most GMs are) is correct. He's not scared to make a mistake or make bold moves, even though bold isn't always good.
    I call bull on that first paragraph.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

When was the last free agent signing that was huge? Heyward doesn’t count.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Heyward does count.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hayward absolutely 100 percent counts. He's a max free agent signing somewhere you said no one would sign. Also Al Horford.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Hayward absolutely 100 percent counts. He's a max free agent signing somewhere you said no one would sign. Also Al Horford.
    Those are not franchise players. A max deal doesn’t mean great - I’m talking great players. Durant’s and LBJ’s don’t go to Boston.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Those are not franchise players. A max deal doesn’t mean great - I’m talking great players. Durant’s and LBJ’s don’t go to Boston.
    Just stop. He was the most coveted free agent on the market last year. A max deal makes him a franchise player by definition.

Just stop. He was the most coveted free agent on the market last year. A max deal makes him a franchise player by definition.
    Does that mean he’s great, intrinsically? No. Was Hassan Whiteside, who got a max deal great? No. Anyone really want to argue that he’s a top ten player? Everyone should know that bad deals get made, and sometimes you over pay for a guy. Hayward wouldn’t even be a top three player in this class. Top shelf talent doesn’t go in free agency to Boston.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Does that mean he’s great, intrinsically? No. Was Hassan Whiteside, who got a max deal great? No. Anyone really want to argue that he’s a top ten player? Everyone should know that bad deals get made, and sometimes you over pay for a guy. Hayward wouldn’t even be a top three player in this class. Top shelf talent doesn’t go in free agency to Boston.
    You right now.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

I’m soery that you guys think a max deal means elite. Hassan and Whiteside are monsters and definitely on par with top five players. Oh, they’re not? So a contract doesn’t dictate intrinsic value or worth? I definitely remember when LBJ, Durant, CP3, Leonard etc where clamoring for Boston.

Bah humbug.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

how about kevin garnett?

would he count as a franchise player?

there's extensive documentation that they would never have traded for him if he wouldn't have agreed to an extension in advance, which isn't significantly different than signing there as a free agent. . . have fun arguing the technicality, though. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    how about kevin garnett?

would he count as a franchise player?

there's extensive documentation that they would never have traded for him if he wouldn't have agreed to an extension in advance, which isn't significantly different than signing there as a free agent. . . have fun arguing the technicality, though. . .
    When did Garnett come in again? About a decade ago my man? The irony is that you're arguing a technicality.

I forgive all of you. I'm in a different place in my life. I forgive you all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

When did Garnett come in again? About a decade ago my man?
    yea, they've REALLY fallen off since then. . . oh, pity the poor, downtrodden celtics. . . shabby, threadbare franchise that they are, they can only attract the heywards and horfords of the world. . . they never signed LBJ, not even once! see how the mighty have fallen! nevermind that they probably weren't close to having the cap space to get him-- the main story is that he scorned them! as a nuggets fan, i can assure you that i pity them for only being able to land the best free agents most years, as opposed to the best free agent in the history of the sport. . .

Lots of rumors about the Nuggets and the draft tonight floating around. Doncic is the kid that everyone wants. If he's there at 3 or 4, there is going to be a huge trade dropping during the draft. The Nuggets are one of the teams mentioned in those rumors. It would cost either Harris or Murray to move up.

On the flip side, there's also talk of the Nuggets moving the 14th pick to shed salary. Faried would be the salary being sent off per rumors. I've made my feelings on him well known over the years, so I'll refrain from comment on that.

One thing that I think we can be sure of regardless of what happens is that it probably won't be a complete collapse like last year's draft. Connelly should have a plan A, plan B, and plan C in place this time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Lots of rumors about the Nuggets and the draft tonight floating around. Doncic is the kid that everyone wants. If he's there at 3 or 4, there is going to be a huge trade dropping during the draft. The Nuggets are one of the teams mentioned in those rumors. It would cost either Harris or Murray to move up.

On the flip side, there's also talk of the Nuggets moving the 14th pick to shed salary. Faried would be the salary being sent off per rumors. I've made my feelings on him well known over the years, so I'll refrain from comment on that.

One thing that I think we can be sure of regardless of what happens is that it probably won't be a complete collapse like last year's draft. Connelly should have a plan A, plan B, and plan C in place this time.
    I am incredibly down on this team. Connelly made a generational mistake in trading Mitchell last year. They will probably make some underwhelming move that rids them of the Faried contract and ships out the pick in the process. Would love to be surprised, but my expectations are low.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information