Page 673 of 766 FirstFirst ... 173 573 623 663 671 672 673 674 675 683 723 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

all the tea leaves suggest that that's exactly what they're going to do. . . i expect them to move back, likely to #19 with the hawks-- just far enough to avoid all the real talent, because they're more concerned with saving kroenke a few bucks than they are with winning. . . they'll take some scrub who will likely never suit up for any significant minutes. . . it's a vintage nuggets draft day move-- give away value, save cash. . .

if they stay at 14, lonnie walker from miami is who i want. . .

Miami’s Lonnie Walker IV is in the process of deciding if he’ll enter the Draft after a solid freshman season for the Hurricanes in which he was an Honorable Mention all-ACC selection and made the ACC all-freshman team. But despite projections that have him solidly in the first round, Walker is torn about what to do. (His father isn’t; Lonnie III wants his son to return to the 305 for his sophomore campaign.)

Walker had some strong offensive games: 25 points, with four 3-pointers, in an overtime win against Louisville in January, followed by a 23-point, 5-assist effort against Florida State. But both Walker and the Hurricanes were slowed by a foot injury to starting point guard Bruce Brown, Jr., who underwent surgery on it Feb. 1 and missed the rest of the season. (Brown, Jr., a sophomore, is also considering putting his name in for the Draft, but has an even cloudier decision than Walker’s, considering his rehab will continue while he tries to decide what to do.)

If Walker does come to the NBA, though, he has some fans.

“To me, he’s the best two guard in the draft,” a Central Division executive says. “He’s DeMar (DeRozan) with a jump shot. If he was at another school where he was a spotlight of the offense, everybody would be talking him top five, top 10 (in the Draft). And he’s supposed to be a hell of a kid. He’s very athletic.”

Walker came back after tearing the meniscus in his knee during an offseason workout last summer, spraining his ankle early in the regular season against Florida A&M and twisting his knee against Middle Tennessee State.

“He got a late start with the (first) injury,” one personnel man said. “He had no preseason. And then they brought him along slowly. They let him feel his way around and then they started coaching him once he got comfortable. But once Bruce got hurt, they had all these guys on the ball. No disrespect to (Chris) Lykes (who took over at the point for Brown), but he isn’t the kind of guy to set Lonnie up. Even though he’s small, he’s not really a facilitating guard. I don’t want to say he hurt Lonnie, but early (with Brown), there was a stability and Lonnie knew he was going to get touches.”

This personnel man is high on Walker’s upside.

“He’s an elite athlete,” he said. “You watch this kid get off the floor, he’s a quick twitch, bouncy, off of one foot, and off of two feet, with a prototypical stroke. That’s a kind of guy who’s going to be able to shoot. If all else fails, he can get into space and make a shot, and he can get down the floor and dunk the ball. He has a little issue when he gets into the paint. He’s so athletic, he tries to do a lot of things in there. It’s a blessing and a curse. He’ll leave off of one foot, hang, tuck, try to make some acrobatic play. He should just put his head down.

“He started to embrace (defense) and he got really good at it. He won three games for them by blocking shots at the end of games. He was being very disruptive, getting steals, getting deflections. That two-way ability is there. He has the feet to be able to guard people.”
    http://www.nba.com/da-big-board-guards-2018-draft

one good thing about being up against the salary cap-- hopefully it prevents them from signing barton to a stupid extension that they regret for the next four or five years, just like they did with faried and plumlee. . .

2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

the nugs' most pressing need is on the wing. . . mikal bridges would be a nice fit, but he doesn't look like he'll make it to 14 even if the nugs do stay there. . . kevin knox is a major risk/reward prospect, but i wouldn't mind rolling those dice. . . shai gilgeous-alexander would be a sweet addition a a backup point, and robert williams has nice defensive potential at center. . . zhaire anderson would be the selection i hope for if they do drop to 19. . .

Zhaire Smith (I assume that's who you're talking about Dog) would be a great pick at 14. I doubt he's there at 19. Insane athletic ability, defensive stud, wing player of the future for Denver. He defended all 5 positions in college, and can defend at least 3 at the next level.

5. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I am incredibly down on this team. Connelly made a generational mistake in trading Mitchell last year. They will probably make some underwhelming move that rids them of the Faried contract and ships out the pick in the process. Would love to be surprised, but my expectations are low.
    Yeah last year's draft was an abortion. There's no other way to put it. That was an anomaly for Connelly though. He drafts as well as any GM in the league. Jokic, Murray, and Harris might be the best young home grown core in the league, and they weren't taken with top 5 picks. I'm going into this draft looking at the glass as half full.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Zhaire Smith (I assume that's who you're talking about Dog) would be a great pick at 14. I doubt he's there at 19. Insane athletic ability, defensive stud, wing player of the future for Denver. He defended all 5 positions in college, and can defend at least 3 at the next level.
    yes, that guy. .

There are rumors dropping now of Beasley and #14 to move up to 10. MPJ would be the likely target there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

There are rumors dropping now of Beasley and #14 to move up to 10. MPJ would be the likely target there.
    Would Porter be at 10, though?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Would Porter be at 10, though?
    He's the true wildcard in this draft. Without the back injury, he's top 3. With it, teams are worried that he might be Greg Oden/Brandon Roy. Boom or bust.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Trae Young is wearing a shorts suit. That’s a no-go for me.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He's the true wildcard in this draft. Without the back injury, he's top 3. With it, teams are worried that he might be Greg Oden/Brandon Roy. Boom or bust.
    That makes sense, I just find it hard to believe he’d drop that far. But Woj just said Denver might be able to stay put and get him. That’s crazy.

Woj is the most dialed in insider in all of sports. He could probably give away most of the first round right now if he wanted to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Woj is the most dialed in insider in all of sports. He could probably give away most of the first round right now if he wanted to.
    Yeah. He’s good. I enjoy his podcast when I get to it (its low on the list).

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

So we are rooting for the guy with the bad back and maturity issues to fall to us?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So we are rooting for the guy with the bad back and maturity issues to fall to us?
    To be clear, I’m not rooting for it. I’d prefer Bridges from Michigan State.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    To be clear, I’m not rooting for it. I’d prefer Bridges from Michigan State.
    There must be some other Jazz bench player we can trade for!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information