Page 594 of 766 FirstFirst ... 94 494 544 584 592 593 594 595 596 604 644 694 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Garnett and West are right, the Nuggets players are gutless and quiters, Lawson and The Minimal should be traded, losers.

The Denver No-guts.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 21h

KG has the nerve to call the Nuggets quitters after they ripped his team by 15? Gotcha.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Everybody is right. The Nuggets players are a bunch weed smoking, partying, middling role players. Ty Lawson is high in half of the interviews I see with him. I find it impossible to even root for most of them.

In addition to having a poorly constructed roster, Shaw failed spectacularly and miserably. He literally didn't do one thing right. He didn't get anyone to buy into his system, he didn't make adjustments, he just complained to the media and felt sorry for himself. Sorry - but that's not being an adult. Just miserable leadership. Again - nobody expected him to win with these guys, but the expectation was that it wouldn't be a disastrous train wreck.

So yeah, I laugh at anyone who buys a ticket to a Nuggets game for the remainder of the year. You literally would have to pay me to go.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    LOL.

You are blaming Karl for Shaw's failures?
    No. I am blaming the front office for changing the style of the head coach and not changing the players on the team to fit that style.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

KG has the nerve to call the Nuggets quitters after they ripped his team by 15? Gotcha.
    lol, vic. . . could that guy be a bigger tool if he tried?

no. . . no, he could not. . . KG is a first ballot hall of famer, one of the very best to ever play his position, and an NBA champion. . . yea, he's kind of earned the right to say what he thinks. . . regardless of the outcome of a meaningless game between two dead-end franchises is march. . . particularly when he's dead-on accurate. . . the nuggets ARE a bunch of losers who quit on their coach. . . not that he didn't suck also, whether he was given a good roster or not. . . i would be glad to see him go, but the next situation won't be any better. . .

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I like how he ripped the No-guts, basically saying "who knew these quitters would actually try?"

These last 2 games were the last straw for me, they're garbage.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Also let go were assistant coaches Lester Conner and Chris Farr, leaving Patrick Mutombo and Noel Gillespie as Hunt's main assistants.
    http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...ach-brian-shaw

Appears there was something going on. I did not realize that two assistant coaches also were let go, besides Shaw.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...ach-brian-shaw

Appears there was something going on. I did not realize that two assistant coaches also were let go, besides Shaw.
    it's a shame we can't let little joshy go. . . i think he's basically a mini dan snyder, only without control of the cash flow. . . not that the nugs are underfunded, just mis-managed. . .

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I like how he ripped the No-guts, basically saying "who knew these quitters would actually try?"

These last 2 games were the last straw for me, they're garbage.
    uh, yea. . . there's not a player on the team beyond the rookies that i'd have much interest in keeping. . . shipping off every one of them you can before the draft is the only legit, feasible solution. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The coach doesn't have the power now. Karl screwed Denver with all these moves and then Denver's front office changed the philosophy at head coach and didn't change the roster to fit the philosophy. It's just a giant mess.
    rofl.... Yup. The Ghost of George Karl, walking the Pepsi Center, ruined Shaws season and created a giant mess so that Shaw would fail at any attempt at being a coach. You got it brother!

I went from , to , then to , then finally arrived at

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    rofl.... Yup. The Ghost of George Karl, walking the Pepsi Center, ruined Shaws season and created a giant mess so that Shaw would fail at any attempt at being a coach. You got it brother!

I went from , to , then to , then finally arrived at
    Having a problem with comprehending that, eh?

I'll try to break it down for you.

Karl trades Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups for the core of the team now, specifically Ty Lawson. Those two layers were the catalyst for the best season in team history. He did it because he thought he could play Lawson and Andre Miller to the same effectiveness as Billups and develop Gallinari into something. Neither happened very effectively. He has a nice little regular season with Lawson, Afflalo, Faried and Gallinari (obviously fools gold, but he had enough of you duped). They lose, again, in the first round of the playoffs because teams start playing defense and rebounding with more efficiency and Denver couldn't run in the playoffs like they could in the regular season.

So Denver fires Karl because they are sick of losing in the first round. So they hire a coach from the Pacers who's philosophy is built on good defense and a solid half-court game. They don't change the roster one bit, instead adding Igoudala, who is a nice pickup, but his offensive game is built to run as are the players already on the team. Shaw decides by mid season he has to run because the players he has are so un-disciplined offensively that they can barely run a half court set. Meanwhile, the Nuggets front office's idea of a great free agent move is bringing back a Karl acquisition. No where in there does Denver even attempt at bringing in players remotely like those that Indiana has and the philosophy Shaw preaches. Disaster happens. He gets scapegoated.

If you can't follow along with that, I can't help you.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    lol, vic. . . could that guy be a bigger tool if he tried?
    I don't think so. I lol'ed when I saw that. The guy has no credability in the basketball circle, and I'm pretty sure no reasonable basketball fan is going to disagree with what Garnett said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would say Vic has no credibility in general. He openly roots for all Denver sports teams on his Twitter. Kinda hard to take a reporter like that seriously.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No. I am blaming the front office for changing the style of the head coach and not changing the players on the team to fit that style.
    Maybe you should blame the coach for not changing his style to adapt to the players he was given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Maybe you should blame the coach for not changing his style to adapt to the players he was given.
    Maybe the front office should have hired Paul Westphal.

You don't hire a coach to make the coach change his philosophy. That's just dumb.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Gary Kubiak: Our offense will do what Peyton Manning does best

from article:

“You do what your players do best.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-does-best/

Kubes gets it.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information