Page 749 of 766 FirstFirst ... 249 649 699 739 747 748 749 750 751 759 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,235 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Looks like Paul took advantage of the situation but im sure Jokic will learn from it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

man. . . bugs making the Suns look like the Jordan bulls. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Looks like Paul took advantage of the situation but im sure Jokic will learn from it.
    CP3 takes the low road because he's classless and has always been scared of trying to win straight up

He's this generation's version of Isaiah Thomas: both were small cheap short artists who hide behind teammates and are poor shitty sports

It's why when Rondo duffed CP no one minded

The MVP should give him a hard foul and teach him some manners

4. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Stephen A Smith
    @stephenasmith
    This is the damn problem with the @NBA
    right now.. you do not make that call vs Jokic a FLAGRANT2. The swipe was a frustration foul. We’ve seen worse. The fans do not attend games for this kind of call. You’ve EJECTED the league-MVP. You don’t do this.#Unreal

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

That's some of the worst officiating I've seen in a hot minute

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Denver Nuggets' Will Barton declines $14.7 million option, but both sides interested in new deal, sources say

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...al-sources-say

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Denver Nuggets' Will Barton declines $14.7 million option, but both sides interested in new deal, sources say

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...al-sources-say

Better be a cheaper deal since he is always hurt…..
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Default Denver Nuggets bring back Will Barton on 2-year, $32 million deal; also agree to add veteran Jeff Green

Free-agent guard Will Barton has agreed to a two-year, $32 million deal to stay with the Denver Nuggets, his agents, Rich Beda and Drew Morrison of CAA, told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The Nuggets also agreed to a two-year, $10 million deal with 13-year veteran Jeff Green, his agent Jason Glushon told ESPN's Malika Andrews. The agreement includes a player option in the second year of Green's contract.

Re-signing Barton, whose seven seasons in Denver make him the longest-tenured Nugget, was considered a top priority for president of basketball operations Tim Connelly. Barton, 30, declined his $14.7 million player option for next season, making him a free agent.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...al-sources-say

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

figured. . . that's a ton of money for barton, given his lack of durability lately, but it's not like they could have done any better in open free agency, with their cap situation. . . i'm assuming jeff green means jamychal (sp?) green is gone, and that's fine. . . he's likely to be more expensive, and he's nothing special. . . ultimately, i just don't think the nugs have enough either way-- not unless murray comes back really strong at the end of the year, and even then their defense just isn't good enough for them to be any sort of legit contender. . . they might have enough offense to get through a round or two, but when you get to that conference finals level, everybody plays good if not great defense as well as having an excellent offense, and denver just doesn't compete on that end of the floor. . . as far as i'm concerned, shaking up the roster with a major sign and trade is their only available avenue for getting over that hump, and i haven't seen a single sign that they're even considering that. . . given that i probably won't be able to watch them on TV next year anyway, i don't honestly care all that much. . .

edit: whoops, i see that they did re-sign jamychal as well. . . at a much higher number than he's worth, IMO, although he at least does help some on the defensive end. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 08-03-2021 at 12:38 PM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    figured. . . that's a ton of money for barton, given his lack of durability lately, but it's not like they could have done any better in open free agency, with their cap situation. . . i'm assuming jeff green means jamychal (sp?) green is gone, and that's fine. . . he's likely to be more expensive, and he's nothing special. . . ultimately, i just don't think the nugs have enough either way-- not unless murray comes back really strong at the end of the year, and even then their defense just isn't good enough for them to be any sort of legit contender. . . they might have enough offense to get through a round or two, but when you get to that conference finals level, everybody plays good if not great defense as well as having an excellent offense, and denver just doesn't compete on that end of the floor. . . as far as i'm concerned, shaking up the roster with a major sign and trade is their only available avenue for getting over that hump, and i haven't seen a single sign that they're even considering that. . . given that i probably won't be able to watch them on TV next year anyway, i don't honestly care all that much. . .
    They re-signed Jamychal in addition to Jeff Green. So they are basically running it back + Jeff Green minus Millsap. I don't love the Barton re-signing, but I suppose if he ever got back to 100% then he could actually contribute. He knows the system and is well respected in the locker room and around the league, so I'll trust them there...

To be fair, they were playing as well as any team in the league before Murray went down - I'm not sure this is the offseason to shake it up. Gordon made them much more formidable defensively. The sad part is that this was the year where the stars kind of aligned for a team like Denver/Milwaukee/Phoenix to make a run -- they likely won't get so lucky next year. I'm not sure they can go toe to toe with a full strength Kyrie/Durant/Harden, but I do think they'll be in the mix in the west and if Jamaal can get hot in the playoffs then anything is possible.

16. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Dog,

I usually pony up for the NBA streaming service, so you could use mine if you want. Granted you would probably have to use a VPN so you're tagged as 'out of market' or location.

18. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Dog,

I usually pony up for the NBA streaming service, so you could use mine if you want. Granted you would probably have to use a VPN so you're tagged as 'out of market' or location.
    I have watched every Broncos game since 2011. I've seen every Tebow run, every Manning pass and every suck ass Broncos offense for the last 5 years or so. I've never once paid a subscription for anything.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I have watched every Broncos game since 2011. I've seen every Tebow run, every Manning pass and every suck ass Broncos offense for the last 5 years or so. I've never once paid a subscription for anything.
    Shit, you might be in a better position to help Dog than I am!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    They re-signed Jamychal in addition to Jeff Green. So they are basically running it back + Jeff Green minus Millsap. I don't love the Barton re-signing, but I suppose if he ever got back to 100% then he could actually contribute. He knows the system and is well respected in the locker room and around the league, so I'll trust them there...

To be fair, they were playing as well as any team in the league before Murray went down - I'm not sure this is the offseason to shake it up. Gordon made them much more formidable defensively. The sad part is that this was the year where the stars kind of aligned for a team like Denver/Milwaukee/Phoenix to make a run -- they likely won't get so lucky next year. I'm not sure they can go toe to toe with a full strength Kyrie/Durant/Harden, but I do think they'll be in the mix in the west and if Jamaal can get hot in the playoffs then anything is possible.
    The Nuggets would not be complete without someone to turn the ball over in the fourth quarter. See: Andre Miller.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I don't like the Barton signing either, but is what it is, hopefully some of our draft picks start taking minutes away. We also need Porter to take another step across the board. I'm kind of tired of the flashes. Is it him and consistency or is it coaches decisions, not sure but that needs to get ironed out if we want to contend next year. Losing Murray just sucked it would be like any team losing there 2nd best player. Imagine the suns with one less of Paul or Booker or even the bucks down Middleton or Giannis
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information