Page 739 of 766 FirstFirst ... 239 639 689 729 737 738 739 740 741 749 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,085 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Go Nuggs, fug the haters. And this is coming from a Blazer fan.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he's just another brainless talking head, but that narrative has always infuriated me. . . no one besides celtics and lakers fans wants to see them in the finals. . . do they have more fans than the grizzlies, pelicans, etc? sure-- but most fans of the sport just want to see good basketball. . . i'm pretty sure the league didn't fold because toronto won last year, or after any of the spurs championships. . . this idea that it would be a "disaster" if boston or LA doesn't make it is hot garbage. . . really, adam silver should kill himself if a smaller market team makes it? don't be retarded. . .

can you image someone saying that goodell should off himself if the cowboys aren't in the super bowl? "OMG, green bay vs. pittsburgh, that's the end of the sport!" the NFL would gleefully market the hell out of that matchup. . . i hope to hell we get a miami-denver finals. . . there are plenty of compelling storylines there, and i'm sure the basketball world would derive plenty of enjoyment from getting to know the scrappy nuggets better. . . lebron's old news-- it's past time for them to market some new stars, even if they aren't household names. . . it's not like non-fans are tuning in just to watch LBJ anyway, no matter how well known he is. . .

this is why i'm honestly more emotionally invested in seeing the nugs succeed than any other team i follow. . . the broncos and avs have both won big, but i would give anything to see the nugs shove it up the ass of every antiquated dipshit droning on about the lakers and celtics like it's still 1981. . . plus i love the fact that, in the era of the manufactured super team, denver has done it the right way, with outstanding drafting and player development. . . they never tanked, they never had a superstar force his way to their squad, and they never signed an elite free agent. . . their core is 100% organic, homegrown talent, without even a top lottery pick in the group. . . it would give me a tremendous amount of joy to see them flip the script on the carefully cultivated media darlings, and they've got a legitimate shot to do it. . . they'd be up 2-1 right now if not for a miracle shot. . . but either way, they've announced themselves in a big way in the bubble-- this team has the talent to contend with anyone out there, and it's great to see them realizing it themselves. . .
    This isn't meant to be smack, so don't take it that way but....

The ratings boost for the big market teams isn't just because those teams have a lot of fans. You draw in a ton of casual fans when you have names, faces, and franchises that people care about. If you don't believe me, then look at all of the times that the Spurs made the finals and there were low ratings. No one thinks the league will fold, but don't forget that a lot of people tuned in to see the Warriors. Regardless of whether or not they won. A lot of people hate watched the Warriors.

You can't compare the NFL to the NBA, either. The NFL is a hugely popular sport to the point that the SB is a national event. Because of that, smaller market teams tend to generate more money, have more interest and support. We talk about transplant fans in the NFL. We don't do that for the NBA. You also can't compare the Packers vs Steelers, either. Those are long and storied franchises with a huge amount of fans dating back generations. That's not the case with a lot of NBA teams. You also have the fact that a lot of people migrated from Pittsburgh across the country. So sure, the market of Pittsburgh is small, but the fanbase is not, and that's true for either teams.

I also really dispute the notion of a manufactured super team vs doing it right. The object is to win. There is no right or wrong way. And the Lakers didn't tank when they were accruing a lot of NBA talent. They just sucked. What did they do? They flipped it for a star player. Denver has tried to trade for several star players - they were in it for Kyrie, they were also in it for AD multiple times, too. What do you think they would have traded? Why is trading away young talent for another player some sort of abuse? Because let's be honest, if Denver was here and they traded for AD, none of you would have cared or cry fouled. You're doing it now, in a sense, because you're on the other side of it. The irony is that Denver IS a media darling for the same reasons that you just said. You can say that they'd be up 2-1 without a crazy shot, but if we're doing that, you could easily flip it and say that you would have lost the first two series, too. Or that the Lakers blew a massive lead. So let's not get too creative with history and our takes.

I respectfully dissent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

This isn't to say that Denver is unworthy. They're not. I've been bullish on them all year. In this thread. And this isn't to say that they wouldn't get views; they'd get views. They're fun. They're energetic. They put on a ******* show. They're an incredible team and clearly elite af.

But I just wanted to push back a little on some points.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    This isn't to say that Denver is unworthy. They're not. I've been bullish on them all year. In this thread. And this isn't to say that they wouldn't get views; they'd get views. They're fun. They're energetic. They put on a ******* show. They're an incredible team and clearly elite af.

But I just wanted to push back a little on some points.
    The one nice thing about this is that Denver is getting some National love just because of the nature of the bubble. The Utah series win made them interesting, but the Clippers win got everyone's attention. If they can pull off this Lakers series they can definitely get some Spurs/Warriors type love if they can keep going especially after this season. I go to r/NBA on Reddit a ton even before this and I've never seen the Nuggets been talked about so much there to the point that people are actively rooting for them from other fanbases. Even our run last year didn't garner this type of attention and now Murray and Jokic are household names for many fans.

They are just a young, like-able team and people tend to root for that regardless of market if they are fans of the game. The whole homegrown vs bought/super team idea is just another wrinkle though those are two ways to go about it. People want superstars and chemistry and fun games, you can do that the Lakers or the Nuggets way. I know my son has been more excited about the NBA this year than he ever has been about football, so I think they are doing something right. We are enjoying the both the East and Western playoffs immensely so far and its nice to have our guys in it this late.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The one nice thing about this is that Denver is getting some National love just because of the nature of the bubble. The Utah series win made them interesting, but the Clippers win got everyone's attention. If they can pull off this Lakers series they can definitely get some Spurs/Warriors type love if they can keep going especially after this season. I go to r/NBA on Reddit a ton even before this and I've never seen the Nuggets been talked about so much there to the point that people are actively rooting for them from other fanbases. Even our run last year didn't garner this type of attention and now Murray and Jokic are household names for many fans.

They are just a young, like-able team and people tend to root for that regardless of market if they are fans of the game. The whole homegrown vs bought/super team idea is just another wrinkle though those are two ways to go about it. People want superstars and chemistry and fun games, you can do that the Lakers or the Nuggets way. I know my son has been more excited about the NBA this year than he ever has been about football, so I think they are doing something right. We are enjoying the both the East and Western playoffs immensely so far and its nice to have our guys in it this late.
    They deserve it. They deserve the love. The Utah series made them more than interesting, but maybe that was the bubble effect. That being said, the Clippers series put them down in history. Because with every 'lol Clippers doing Clippers things' there's the 'highlight of Murray/Joker getting in that ass'. Those two are CEMENTED in the basketball fan zeitgeist from now on...and on a lesser level so is MPJ.

They are very young and likable. Murray got a lot of love for some of his comments. And he's a Kentucky guy. When you're a big time Kentucky player, people like you. Why? Because you come from the greatest college basketball program around, sans maybe UCLA. He's just a ******* stud. He's drawing comparisons to Curry. Because his statline is saying...'bitch I'm Curry'.

The superteam thing is dead, man. Two stars aren't a superteam. If that's what it is, then the Blazers are one with Dame, McCollum. Not even the Clippers constitute a super team because they have a superstar, a star, and a bunch of good players. Again, if a superteam is two players, then the Mavs are one with Luka and Zingis. Utah would be one with Gorbotch (the most overrated player in the NBA), Conley, and Mitchell.

The NBA playoffs have been incredible. Utah/Clips vs Nuggets = classic. Lakers vs. Trailblazers was interesting. Boston and Toronot/Heat? That's just good stuff.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Denver Nuggets coach Michael Malone dubs Jamal Murray a superstar after another key performance

A 20-point Denver Nuggets lead had dwindled to four with over two minutes left in the game when Nikola Jokic handed the ball off to Jamal Murray.

Murray backed Alex Caruso off the 3-point line only to spin and drill a step-back 3. On the next possession, Murray hit Paul Millsap for a dunk with a beautiful pass on two defenders. And then Murray sealed Tuesday's Game 3 of the Western Conference finals with a 29-foot rainbow shot as Denver held on for a 114-106 win over the Los Angeles Lakers in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

"Now I know every night what I'm getting from Jamal," Denver coach Michael Malone said. "Last year, we knew what we were getting from Nikola, but what kind of game would Jamal have. That's no longer the case.

"We have two superstars in Nikola and Jamal."
    rest - http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...streply&t=4304

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default NBA playoffs: From afar, watching Lakers-Nuggets with the 'Serbian Barkley'

Just four minutes and 38 seconds into the second quarter of Game 1 of the Western Conference finals, Denver Nuggets star Nikola Jokic retreated to his team's bench having committed his third foul of the game. That's when the team knew its 7-foot passing savant was in trouble.

More than 5,000 miles away, Dejan Milojevic, Jokic's beloved Serbian coach, had already concluded that -- well in advance of the referee's whistle. Milojevic had tracked his former pupil carefully on his big-screen television as Jokic went through pregame warm-ups and noted, with some dismay, that the big man's mannerisms were uncharacteristically jittery.

"He was nervous," Milojevic said. "That's why he had so many fouls. I watched that happen and thought, 'I hope no matter what is going wrong on the court, he will stay calm.'"
    rest - long - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...erbian-barkley

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

12. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Spurs were just boring, that's why i never tuned in.
    Me, I'm only a casual fan, but whenever the smaller teams succeed that always grabs my attention and gets me involved. But then again I'm not exactly mainstream and can't speak for the masses.
    Fair.

Adopted Bronco:

Default NBA playoffs: The genius of Jamal Murray and Nikola Jokic, and what the Lakers are doing about it

The Denver Nuggets can rally from the depths in an NBA playoff series because Jamal Murray and Nikola Jokic methodically problem-solve opposing defenses. Your preferred coverage of the Murray-Jokic pick-and-roll might set them on their heels for the first half of Game 1, but they soon adjust. They poke and prod, downloading information, searching for holes.

By Game 2, they begin exploiting those holes. By Game 3, they might have forced a change in your coverage. They see that change. It signals they are inflicting pain. It emboldens them, even if it means they have to problem-solve anew. They grow more powerful, separately and together, over time.

The Los Angeles Lakers in Games 1 and 2 of the Western Conference finals switched a lot of Murray-Jokic actions, leaving two mismatches: a big guy on Murray, and a small guy on Jokic. It marked a departure for a team that has prided itself on not switching -- on keeping bigs near the basket. The Lakers were probably switching more than coaches wanted, but the frequency indicated switching was part of their plan.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/pag...akers-doing-it

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Man, Lebron is a whiny little bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Man, Lebron is a whiny little bitch
    He’s a ******* bed wetter.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

He’s a ******* bed wetter.
    He reminds me of Thom, only more effeminate

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    He reminds me of Thom, only more effeminate
    I bet he wears ugs too, bedazzled ugs.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Jamal Murray is playing at a Michael Jordan level.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I think Lebron should write another letter to the league office. This game is a perfect example of why the NBA is a joke.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information