Page 718 of 766 FirstFirst ... 218 618 668 708 716 717 718 719 720 728 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: Thunder deal Grant to Nuggets for pick

The Oklahoma City Thunder are trading forward Jerami Grant to the Denver Nuggets for a 2020 first-round pick -- a deal that saves the Thunder $39 million in salary and tax and stockpiles a sixth future first-round pick in recent days, league sources tell ESPN.

Oklahoma City gathered five future first-round picks in the Paul George blockbuster to the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night - and move Grant onto a Nuggets roster arming itself for a Western Conference title contending run.

In the George trade, the Thunder received three unprotected first-round Clippers picks (2022, 2024 and 2026) and two future Miami Heat first-round picks (2021 unprotected and 2023 lottery protected). The Thunder also have the rights to swap picks with Los Angeles in the 2023 and 2025 drafts.
    rest - more about Grant in article - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...t-nuggets-pick

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Jerami Grant is one of my favorites. It's been fun watching him develop. I think you guys got a great player there. Very athletic, and has developed enough of a 3-point shot to keep defenders honest. Strong at the rim.

I'm bummed.

Also: Horace Grant's nephew for those old enough to remember the 1990's Bulls teams.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Jerami Grant is one of my favorites. It's been fun watching him develop. I think you guys got a great player there. Very athletic, and has developed enough of a 3-point shot to keep defenders honest. Strong at the rim.

I'm bummed.

Also: Horace Grant's nephew for those old enough to remember the 1990's Bulls teams.
    You have an option - NOW you can be a Nuggets fan

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    That’s horrible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I'm not some guy who changes fan allegiances whenever the wind blows a different direction.

I'm no King87.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I'm not some guy who changes fan allegiances whenever the wind blows a different direction.

I'm no King87.
    I have a 20 year old Supersonics shirt I can send you somewhere I think lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Shane Ray is a now a Ravens fan. Cmon let’s root for Baltimore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Shane Ray is a now a Ravens fan. Cmon let’s root for Baltimore.
    Paxton Lynch in Seattle woulda been a bigger grab huh.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

layne, is grant solid defensively?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

okay, little more on the trade. . .

Grant can play all three frontcourt positions. He gives the Nuggets someone capable of defending bigger wings now and maybe replacing Paul Millsap as starting power forward down the road. Both are important as Denver looks to continue its ascension around Nikola Jokic, Jamal Murray and Gary Harris.

The 25-year-old Grant has been up-and-down 3-point shooter in his career, but he has generally trended in the right direction. He made a career-high 39% of his 3s last season. If he maintains that, this will be an excellent addition. If not, the Nuggets will still welcome his defensive versatility and overall activity.

Denver has sat on the mid-level exception despite having the ability to use it in full and remain out of the tax. The Nuggets will use a trade exception to acquire Grant, leaving the mid-level exception available. But using it now would push Denver into the tax. Would ownership greenlight that?

The Nuggets are one of several teams that should believe they have a chance to win a title next season. Star talent is dispersed. This should be the time to spend, though the market for free agents worth the mid-level exception is shrinking fast.
    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/07/08...first-rounder/

sounds good to me. . . we needed another 3-and-D forward with some size-- vanderbilt might also be able to fill that role, but the nugs are ready to win now. . . i wanna see them make every roster spot count. . . if grant can hit 39% from three again, that's a real nice pickup. . . juancho's had trouble staying healthy, and lyles sucks on defense. . . so does the jokic-plumlee front court. . . another big who can guard somebody was a real need. . . the way teams are loading up in the west, denver has to continue getting better defensively if they want to be legit contenders. . . i hope jamal is in a gym somewhere busting ass right now. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Nuggets are rescinding the offer sheet to Lyles, so Grant will take his spot and Lyles is a free agent.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Are they still saying Porter’s injury is minor? If he’s healthy, Jokic and Plumlee can play less regular season minutes. That’s not a bad thing.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    layne, is grant solid defensively?
    You better believe it.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Grant is the type of player you put on McCollum in Game 5-7 and hope Murray, Jokic and Harris generate enough offense to be able to roster a low-scoring player on the floor. At least that’s why I’d make the move.

Grant is a defensive beast. He's one of the more underrated players in the league. He is what I was hoping Vanderbilt would develop into. Great add by the Nuggets. A 3 and D player to put next to Joker. The Nuggets are in win now mode. This season is going to be fun to watch.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information