Page 691 of 766 FirstFirst ... 191 591 641 681 689 690 691 692 693 701 741 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    nugs keep rolling. . . no gary harris, no jamal murray, no problem. . . they just got a cool 75 points from monte morris, torrey craig, and my guy malik threesley. . . that kid has star potential, folks. . .
    I really like Gary Harris, but he's been hurt a lot over the course of his career already and he's only 25. Beasley has taken on a whole new level in the last 15 games or so. He's the best outside shooter on the team, even over Murray right now. And last night was a huge statement for him doing that against Harden. He is going to end up making Harris Expendable especially at the coin that Harris is getting right now. They're going to have to make a decision and I think you go with youth and the guy that's proving right now to be bigger and longer and although right now he's not the defender that Harris is, his potential is to be even better, because when he's plugged in and checked in he's pretty lights out.

nugs keep rolling. . . no gary harris, no jamal murray, no problem. . . they just got a cool 75 points from monte morris, torrey craig, and my guy malik threesley. . . that kid has star potential, folks. . .
    Outside of one bad draft, the Nuggets front office is killing it. There is a sickening amount of young talent on this team. If it weren't for chemistry, I'd say to offer a package for Davis in a sign and trade. The Nuggets probably have more young assets than any team in the league. Then again, I think I'd rather see what this team can do with a healthy Isaiah Thomas and Michael Porter Jr. Don't sleep on Vanderbilt either.

Only issue is they only have so many minutes to spread around. Right now it works because they have been hit a lot with the injury bug and can keep rolling, when all are healthy there are going to be some real good players sitting.

They also have a lot of depth at guard and not a lot elsewhere.

Thomas, Morris, Murray, Harris, Beasley, Barton. Barton can play small ball SF. 6 guys good enough to start most teams playing 2 positions.

Porter may be a stretch big but is probably really a tall SF.

They are heavy at guard and may be a better team at full strength if they can upgrade forward or center, with Jokic playing the other position that gets upgraded.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I took the family to that Rockets game. The Nuggets have some great depth!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Harris. has to be gone. They have to find minutes for their young guards. Vanderbilt and porter jr have the cool subplot of growing up on the bcI and aau circuits together

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Outside of one bad draft, the Nuggets front office is killing it. There is a sickening amount of young talent on this team. If it weren't for chemistry, I'd say to offer a package for Davis in a sign and trade. The Nuggets probably have more young assets than any team in the league. Then again, I think I'd rather see what this team can do with a healthy Isaiah Thomas and Michael Porter Jr. Don't sleep on Vanderbilt either.
    i wouldn't even pick up the phone. . . yes, davis is a phenomenal talent. . . he's also about to get a massive contract, he is constantly hurt, he doesn't space the floor, and he's never proven that he's a true alpha dog who can elevate a team to greatness. . . i love the nugs the way they're currently constructed-- young, fast, athletic, shooting all over the floor, and a chunk of the talent is still cost-controlled for another couple years. . . i wouldn't give that up. . .

and steve, i'd pump the brakes a little on getting rid of gary unless a great offer comes up. . . i do agree that beasley may have the higher upside, but i trust coach malone to figure the minutes out. . . he and his staff have done an incredible job of bringing the young talent along. . . if they feel at some point that beas should be starting, i have no qualms at all about gary or barton as a sixth man. . . i want to see what these guys can accomplish in a playoff run or two before even thinking about breaking up the core, though. . . the thunder will never get another chance like the one they threw away. . .

good article from the ringer on why denver doesn't need to go after AD. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

8. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I agree with dog - to me, it would be much more of an accomplishment to build a great team, rather than buy a great team.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Davis is a guy who needs the ball in his hands as much as possible. Jokic needs the ball in his hands as much as possible AND enables all of his teammates. The two wouldn't be complementary to one another. The only way that'd make sense is if you traded Jokic for AD, and we don't want to do that.

I'm also skeptical of trading Gary Harris, a good 2 way player, while his stock is low battling injuries. That said, if we could get someone like Mirotic and give Lyles minutes to him that'd be intriguing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Beasely is up for an extension. He is ascending. The Rockets game was a revelation. I love Harris but he us always hurt and we need cap space. Next year we have to work deals for Murray and Beasley. Juancho and Millsap are also up. I also dont think Harris warrants the okc comparison. He is an oft injured plus player. Not a superstar. I will however agree that coming off injury isnt the right time. Oh Craig is up next year too

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

game starts soon. . . nugs need to bounce back. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Interested to see if/how Isaiah Thomas fits in - and whether he looks more like the 2016-2017 version that dominated in the playoffs or the 2017-2018 version that was a total liability.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Interested to see if/how Isaiah Thomas fits in - and whether he looks more like the 2016-2017 version that dominated in the playoffs or the 2017-2018 version that was a total liability.
    I just don't know how he is going to fit in the rotation. Hopefully it doesn't break the production they are getting now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I just don't know how he is going to fit in the rotation. Hopefully it doesn't break the production they are getting now.
    At least with Gary Harris still shut down they can work him in - but I agree, Beasley and Morris have been so good you hate to disrupt anything. I would have liked to see them make some kind of a deal at the deadline, but I suppose it's a good problem to have too much depth if they plan to go deep in the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Thomas’ introduction to the roster has worried me all season.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Thomas’ introduction to the roster has worried me all season.
    They already can't play any defense - so that's my main concern... Call me crazy, but adding one of the worst defenders in the league may not be all that helpful... He needs to really pull his weight on the offensive end and then some to justify his presence.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information