Page 679 of 766 FirstFirst ... 179 579 629 669 677 678 679 680 681 689 729 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I am underwhelmed. They should have Donovan Mitchell. They should have made the playoffs. The 2nd round feels like the ceiling. As good as Murray and Jokic have been for their draft slots - that's not enough to hang our hats on.
    Michael Porter Jr if healthy is better and More impactful in today's game then Mitchell. I'm not just trying to shine that. If he's healthy Porter Jr compares favorably to Kevin Durant. Now I know it's easy to make those kinds of analogies but I'm not the one doing it. It's all the analyst. Jay bilas Steven A all of them have talked about the fact that this could go down as the Michael Porter Jr draft because the guy is that Transcendent a talent. And who do you replace on the Nuggets roster with Mitchell? You going to Ben's Jamal? You going to bench Gary Harris?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Michael Porter Jr if healthy is better and More impactful in today's game then Mitchell. I'm not just trying to shine that. If he's healthy Porter Jr compares favorably to Kevin Durant. Now I know it's easy to make those kinds of analogies but I'm not the one doing it. It's all the analyst. Jay bilas Steven A all of them have talked about the fact that this could go down as the Michael Porter Jr draft because the guy is that Transcendent a talent. And who do you replace on the Nuggets roster with Mitchell? You going to Ben's Jamal? You going to bench Gary Harris?
    Couldn't they have played Harris at the 3? With all the other teams making ill-fitting pieces work, it feels more than plausible to me, but I am no expert. I appreciate your optimism and hope you are right - the cynic in me says that MPJ is the makeup pick for whiffing on Mitchell.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Couldn't they have played Harris at the 3? With all the other teams making ill-fitting pieces work, it feels more than plausible to me, but I am no expert. I appreciate your optimism and hope you are right - the cynic in me says that MPJ is the makeup pick for whiffing on Mitchell.
    Harris is already under sized at six-foot-four. There's no way you could play him at the 3. And I understand the pessimism. I've been a Broncos and Nuggets fan my whole life. But I really do feel like the young core of this team is built to win in two to three years in the west. I heard a really interesting thing from Steven A the other day talking about how you have to build young teams to Peak at the right time as other potential dynasties are falling off like say the Warriors and the rockets. That's the way the nuggets are built.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

PG— Jamal Murray
    SG— LeBron James
    SF— Michael Porter Jr
    PF— DeMarcus Cousins
    C— Joker

I will allow this.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Default wo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    PG— Jamal Murray
    SG— LeBron James
    SF— Michael Porter Jr
    PF— DeMarcus Cousins
    C— Joker

I will allow this.
    Wowzer

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

PG— Jamal Murray
    SG— LeBron James
    SF— Michael Porter Jr
    PF— DeMarcus Cousins
    C— Joker

I will allow this.
    That honestly sounds like a complete disaster in this small ball era. And that doesn't even take into account Boogie's attitude and injury concerns.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

That honestly sounds like a complete disaster in this small ball era. And that doesn't even take into account Boogie's attitude and injury concerns.
    Shit, they need Boogie’s attitude and that lineup is perfect for LaBron. He needs the paint clear, Joker can spread the floor, they’d be deadly together on the P&R and Boogie actually thinks he’s Robert Horry the last couple years. He’s really tried to develop a more complete skill set, he averaged more assists than some PG’s and his 3-point stroke is surprisingly sound.

The best part is ya finally get rid of The Minimal, even if ya lose Harris in the process.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The Minimal
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Shit, they need Boogie’s attitude and that lineup is perfect for LaBron. He needs the paint clear, Joker can spread the floor, they’d be deadly together on the P&R and Boogie actually thinks he’s Robert Horry the last couple years. He’s really tried to develop a more complete skill set, he averaged more assists than some PG’s and his 3-point stroke is surprisingly sound.

The best part is ya finally get rid of The Minimal, even if ya lose Harris in the process.
    Faried ain't going nowhere. That contract...

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Faried ain't going nowhere. That contract...

But I threw in Milsap, too, also. Boom!
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

PG— Murray
    SG— LeBron
    SF— Porter
    PF— Harry Giles
    C— Joker

Double down on that injury risk with Giles.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Are we resigning Barton?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Are we resigning Barton?
    not if we can't shed some salary first. . . i'm good with that. . . if they do re-sign him, they'll manage to give him a contract that will be an anchor in a couple years-- it's kind of what they do. . . i'm content to let him walk, and get malik beasley some burn. . . his defensive intensity is way better than barton's. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I am underwhelmed. They should have Donovan Mitchell. They should have made the playoffs. The 2nd round feels like the ceiling. As good as Murray and Jokic have been for their draft slots - that's not enough to hang our hats on.
    i hear ya. . . it's frustrating rooting for one of the farm teams. . . it is tough to stay patient in the era where super teams are thrown together in an off-season. . . as i said earlier, it'll be bitter for nugs fans watching the free agent superstar frenzy unfold while we need to free cap space if we want to make an offer to will freakin' barton. . . as usual, the rich get richer, while the nuggets wait on draft picks. . . i'm over the mitchell thing, though-- it's spilled milk at this point. . . twelve other teams also passed on him, and at least three of them took other point guards. . . with 30 front offices digging away, it's not reasonable or realistic to expect ours to unearth every gem that comes along. . . i can agree with the second round sentiment right now-- that's certainly the ceiling on expectations for next year, maybe the next several. . . i'm going to wait to see how much further joker and murray can develop (and whether porter can) before trying to assess what their ultimate ceiling will be. . . we can't see that yet, where they're going to be in three or four years, when most of the current megastars are starting to fade some. . . as good as denver's offense already is, they could be dangerous if they could put some defense together. . . and they should have money next year to add a significant free agent. . . they have a long-ass way to go still, but i do agree with MO-- this core at least makes me feel hopeful, which is more than i can typically say as a nugs fan. . . fingers crossed that we can catch a break for once with porter. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i hear ya. . . it's frustrating rooting for one of the farm teams. . . it is tough to stay patient in the era where super teams are thrown together in an off-season. . . as i said earlier, it'll be bitter for nugs fans watching the free agent superstar frenzy unfold while we need to free cap space if we want to make an offer to will freakin' barton. . . as usual, the rich get richer, while the nuggets wait on draft picks. . . i'm over the mitchell thing, though-- it's spilled milk at this point. . . twelve other teams also passed on him, and at least three of them took other point guards. . . with 30 front offices digging away, it's not reasonable or realistic to expect ours to unearth every gem that comes along. . . i can agree with the second round sentiment right now-- that's certainly the ceiling on expectations for next year, maybe the next several. . . i'm going to wait to see how much further joker and murray can develop (and whether porter can) before trying to assess what their ultimate ceiling will be. . . we can't see that yet, where they're going to be in three or four years, when most of the current megastars are starting to fade some. . . as good as denver's offense already is, they could be dangerous if they could put some defense together. . . and they should have money next year to add a significant free agent. . . they have a long-ass way to go still, but i do agree with MO-- this core at least makes me feel hopeful, which is more than i can typically say as a nugs fan. . . fingers crossed that we can catch a break for once with porter. . .
    I get it having watch the nuggets be the worst team in the league and then never get the number one overall pick it's been hard over the years. That said we have gotten pretty lucky recently when you look at guys like the Joker. Jamal Murray really has played above what I expected him to be at this point. He was billed as a decent combo guard with range. His athleticism and tenacity have really surprised me. I love the fact that he's got the whole ball family angry at him

16. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information