Page 677 of 766 FirstFirst ... 177 577 627 667 675 676 677 678 679 687 727 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,155 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I am skeptical of the guy with the bad back.
    skeptical midget is skeptical!

me too, homie. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Zach Lowe says on today's pod that immediately after the Nuggets picked MPJ, they were on the phone for the 15-17 picks trying to trade back in with a future 1st to grab Zhaire Smith.
    dog says on broncosforums that they should have tried harder!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Did they get the guy with the floating hat?
    no, the spurs did-- that's the guy i wanted. . .

having slept on this, i'm okay with it. . . at the end of the day, you have to have stars if you want to be a contender. . . and as the upcoming free agency period reminds us, if you're an NBA nobody like denver, the only way to acquire stars is to draft them and control their rights into that second contract. . . i still wish they taken lonnie instead, but porter at 14 can't be called a bad risk. . . i expect them to "process" him with a red shirt season, so it may take a while before we can judge the results. . . still, if he does hit, it gives us another chance to put talent around jokic when he's in his window in that second deal. . .

i just hope the kid finds some humility after getting passed over. . . the nugs have done a fantastic job of putting together a low-ego group of guys who really share the ball on offense. . . we have one of the most efficient offenses in the league, and it would truly suck to have a big-headed kid come in and screw that up by being a bitch about "his touches". . . i'm also crossing my fingers that if he does hit, he doesn't immediately want to bolt to a bigger market to "grow his brand". . .

in any case, i'm on to free agency. . . i don't expect much action given that we weren't able to shed faried's salary, but we will have to add at least one veteran wing if porter's not going to play this year-- that's assuming that we don't re-sign barton. . . we do have the mid-level exception available, and that should be enough to snag a capable player in this tight market. . .

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I see you guys are still in denial about Karl.

Enjoy your mediocrity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Enjoy your mediocrity!
    All those great wins in the postseason....miright slim? Karl was the schottenheimer of the nba

Adopted Bronco:

Enjoy your mediocrity!
    karl is trash-- no one's denying that. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    All those great wins in the postseason....miright slim? Karl was the schottenheimer of the nba
    Schottenheimer was much more cerebral and talented. Karl is a fat loser and I hope his fatass dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Things have certainly improved since he left!

Have you guys seen the proof? Hint: it's in the pudding
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Enjoy your mediocrity!
    Still good with it.

At least I don’t have to see Andre Miller any god damn more.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

yep. . . i wouldn't trade the potential of today's young core for that maxed-out squad. . . i don't know if malone is the guy who can build the nugs into a contender, or not-- but i do know that karl wasn't. . . his lazy ass can suck a fat one. . . at least the current nugs run a grown-up offense that will have a chance at winning in the playoffs, just as soon as these kids actually grow up enough to get there. . .

11. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

to no one's surprise, wilson chandler has opted in to the last year of his contract. . . ill will's a good dude, and was a very solid, modern NBA wing in his prime, but he's definitely past it now. . . come 2019, it's going to be a huge relief to the nugs to get out of his and faried's contracts. . .

13. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    to no one's surprise, wilson chandler has opted in to the last year of his contract. . . ill will's a good dude, and was a very solid, modern NBA wing in his prime, but he's definitely past it now. . . come 2019, it's going to be a huge relief to the nugs to get out of his and faried's contracts. . .
    ....not to mention that those expiring contracts will have value at the trade deadline.

Glad you're coming around on the MPJ pick Dog. Having a chance at a known superstar prospect just doesn't happen at the 14th pick in the draft. If he pans out, the Nuggets could have a core of 3-4 home grown all stars in a few years. If he doesn't, it was well worth the gamble.

15. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Not that I'm a nuggets fan at all, but I'm kinda shocked at how down you all seem to be on the porter pick. The chances of getting a star player at that point in the draft are quite slim. Taking a chance on a guy with top 3 talent is 100% the right move there. If he doesn't pan out, oh well, whomever else they picked there likely would have been average at best regardless. But if it works out, it's the steal of the century and 13 other teams look really stupid. On the middle of the first round, that's a risk completely worth taking.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Examining the health risk of Nuggets’ Michael Porter Jr.: “I have little doubt that we’ll get him right”

Josh Kroenke flew in from Las Vegas Thursday morning following the NHL’s annual awards banquet the night before and arrived at the Nuggets’ team offices for the final stages of draft prep. His staff then dropped this bombshell of a prediction for their No. 14 overall pick.

“The first thing out of their mouths was, ‘We need to talk about Michael Porter. He might be there.’” Kroenke recalled. “I think the word I said back to them was, ‘Seriously?’”

Thus began a mad dash to answer a hypothetical question which become a reality, the drafting of Porter, who slid all the way to Denver. The fulfillment of Porter’s huge potential hinges on his ongoing recovery from back surgery last winter — known as an L3-L4 microdiscectomy to repair a herniated disk in the lower spine which resulted in inflamed nerves capable of causing severe spine, hip and leg pain/numbness. That injury kept Porter sidelined for all but 53 total game minutes as a Missouri freshman and gave NBA teams pause.

“I have little doubt that we’ll get him right,” Nuggets president of basketball operations Tim Connelly said Friday.

Here’s why.

“We poured over the medical records again,” Kroenke said Friday, “and had our doctors there.”
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/2...surgery-rehab/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Literally every pundit that I've heard evaluating this draft pick is saying the risk worth the potential for reward. Steven A Anthony. Everyone that I've heard is raving and saying that years from now they make all this the Michael Porter draft. I actually also watched an interesting video of he and Vanderbilt playing a little easy going one-on-one versus each other with the USA select team. I'm really really excited about this draft. If the roster stays healthy next year they could be a 55 win team.

21. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Literally every pundit that I've heard evaluating this draft pick is saying the risk worth the potential for reward. Steven A Anthony. Everyone that I've heard is raving and saying that years from now they make all this the Michael Porter draft. I actually also watched an interesting video of he and Vanderbilt playing a little easy going one-on-one versus each other with the USA select team. I'm really really excited about this draft. If the roster stays healthy next year they could be a 55 win team.
    I'm a grizzlies fan and I would have happily taken him at 4. I'm really jealous you guys got him at 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Looks like a great article, but the Post wants me to pay to read it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information