Page 666 of 766 FirstFirst ... 166 566 616 656 664 665 666 667 668 676 716 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 9,990 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

What a shitty performance in the 4th quarter. No answers on defense. No structure to the offense. Disorganized. Bad strategy. The team is getting by solely on athletic ability - they are not ready for primetime.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I haven't seen many games but I'm confident saying that was their worst loss of the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

and tonight the clippers have 16 points in the second quarter. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

LeBron James.

Just wow.

Not much you can do about that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

yep. . . he was just too much-- when he hits shots like those last couple, there's no answer. . . this makes the dallas loss sting even more, though. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yep. . . he was just too much-- when he hits shots like those last couple, there's no answer. . . this makes the dallas loss sting even more, though. . .
    It does.

I watched that shot and still an hour later have an urge to bump a James thread. He's a bad man.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It does.

I watched that shot and still an hour later have an urge to bump a James thread. He's a bad man.
    he is. . . as much as another loss sucks, i found it rather encouraging to watch joker going toe to toe with the king. . .

Adopted Bronco:

final stats. . . lebron played 39 minutes, scored 39 points on 60% shooting, with 10 assists and 8 rebounds. . . jokic played 33 minutes, scored 36 points on 85.7% shooting, with 14 rebounds and 6 assists. . . nugs had like a billion turnovers, and the cavs won by five. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he is. . . as much as another loss sucks, i found it rather encouraging to watch joker going toe to toe with the king. . .
    Gotta hang on to this cat. He's a superstar, the one we've been waiting for, I think.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Lebron is the GOAT. I'm not sure if Mike Malone is adding any value though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lebron is the GOAT. I'm not sure if Mike Malone is adding any value though.
    Explain yourself.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Explain yourself.
    The team feels like it's playing below it's potential every time I watch them. They have all this athletic ability and look like the more talented team, but they can't harness constructively for 4 quarters. Meanwhile he benches the team's best player to send a message and loses a game that might cost them a playoff seed. I don't know basketball as well as I know football, so I don't trust my eye test necessarily - but it just feels like they are disorganized and winging it everytime I watch.

14. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The team feels like it's playing below it's potential every time I watch them. They have all this athletic ability and look like the more talented team, but they can't harness constructively for 4 quarters. Meanwhile he benches the team's best player to send a message and loses a game that might cost them a playoff seed. I don't know basketball as well as I know football, so I don't trust my eye test necessarily - but it just feels like they are disorganized and winging it everytime I watch.
    I have this ongoing theory about Nuggets basketball, that I believe is nearly consistent no matter who coaches or who is GM or who's on the team. Granted, I also don't think I'm the only one to have this feeling.

The idea behind basketball in Denver is always to just run people out of the gym. Malone is a defensive coach in a way, and for all his faults with personality management, he does recognize you have to run at Mile High. But that always comes to a detriment to the defense. That always results in just trying to outscore people, which also causes obvious problem, most notably making games a pure crap shoot. I don't really know what the solution to that is, because I basically agree with the philosophy, given the team's specific home-court advantage. (In a way, it's like the Rockies' own circumstances)

I do wonder if a player like Jokic could change that, much like the combo of Carmelo and Billups changed that for a year. That team could run, but it also played decent straight-up defense and it could operate a decent half-court offense. For the first time since that team, I feel like the pieces could be there.

So...that's a long way around getting to the point that I have had the same thoughts about Malone, though I do like him. But then again, who is the coach?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I have this ongoing theory about Nuggets basketball, that I believe is nearly consistent no matter who coaches or who is GM or who's on the team. Granted, I also don't think I'm the only one to have this feeling.

The idea behind basketball in Denver is always to just run people out of the gym. Malone is a defensive coach in a way, and for all his faults with personality management, he does recognize you have to run at Mile High. But that always comes to a detriment to the defense. That always results in just trying to outscore people, which also causes obvious problem, most notably making games a pure crap shoot. I don't really know what the solution to that is, because I basically agree with the philosophy, given the team's specific home-court advantage. (In a way, it's like the Rockies' own circumstances)

I do wonder if a player like Jokic could change that, much like the combo of Carmelo and Billups changed that for a year. That team could run, but it also played decent straight-up defense and it could operate a decent half-court offense. For the first time since that team, I feel like the pieces could be there.

So...that's a long way around getting to the point that I have had the same thoughts about Malone, though I do like him. But then again, who is the coach?
    I think the Clippers loss and the Dallas loss can both be attributed directly to poor coaching. Your theory is a good one, but almost seems independent from the Malone critique. I think you can run and still be strategic about it, even while sacrificing some of your defensive efficiency. I see an undisciplined and disorganized team.

Adopted Bronco:

once again, the nugs are embarrassing themselves with a pathetic effort against an inferior team. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information