Page 662 of 766 FirstFirst ... 162 562 612 652 660 661 662 663 664 672 712 762 ... LastLast
Results 9,916 to 9,930 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Sounds like the Nuggets are trying for Marcus Smart as well. Boston wants a first round pick in return. I'm torn. Smart is one of the best defenders in the NBA and he's 23 years old. He's also a restricted free agent at the end of the season. Is he worth a first? Absolutely.

The draft is what this front office does best though. The core of this team is all home grown talent. Jokic, Harris, and Murray. All studs, all young and getting better every year. As bad as the Nuggets pooched the last draft, you still have to trust that they can evaluate talent as well as any team in the league.

Mudiay, Beasley and a first are their main assets. It'll more than likely cost a first rounder to get rid of Faried and his overpriced contract.
    i think you have to consider that we currently have talented guys like malik and juancho firmly planted on the bench because there aren't any minutes in the rotation for them. . . not to mention tyler lydon. . . and that's even with millsap missing most of the season. . . i'm not against drafting and stashing more talent, of course-- but if you're going to take guys that you won't be able to develop, it might make more sense to add a young vet now who will actually see some playing time. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I've got to be honest, I don't fully understand what our needs are... So we got rid of Jameer Nelson to free up time for Mudiay's development, right? And now Mudiay is a confirmed bust and we need a backup PG?

I also don't understand where Evans fits in.
    maybe one of these cats who understands basketball more than i do will have a better answer, but this is my take. . . i think we have two primary needs. . . the first is a veteran true point guard, an experienced ball handler/floor general who can back up jamaal, and hopefully mentor him and emmanuel. . . the second is a 3-and-D wing with legit small forward size-- chandler doesn't look like he has much left, and barton isn't a great defensive matchup with most NBA threes. . .

i will admit that i'm not optimistic about mudiay ever living up to his draft status, but i'm not sure it's fully accurate to label him as a bust just yet-- he's only 21 years old, with less than 100 starts. . . i think it's more accurate to say that his development has stalled-- and i do worry that his jumper's never going to come around, which will limit him. . . but he's been showing some solid play lately. . . IMO he can still be an at least somewhat capable scorer if he accepts that he can't shoot, and focuses on using his athleticism to get into the lane. . .he also has all the skills to grow into a plus defender, IF he wants to work at it. . . i can see a player like smart (or pat beverley) being his ceiling if he puts that work in. . . or, we could just go get smart now. . .

as for evans, i also don't really understand where he fits. . . i've always thought of him as a scoring combo guard type. . . he is 6'6" 220, and helin from PBT says he can play 1-3, so i suppose maybe they would start him over chandler, and move barton back to the two full time, where he isn't as bad a defensive matchup. . . evans is averaging 19.5/5/5 this year, so in a vacuum you'd certainly think he's a player who can help a team. . . he's probably the best available, but i'm really not sold that he's a great fit. . . especially if he's going to take minutes away from gary or barton, just when the nugs' chemistry seems to be coming together. . . i'd rather see us get smart, who makes us better and more physical on defense the moment he suits up. . . JMO-- should be interesting to watch. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i think you have to consider that we currently have talented guys like malik and juancho firmly planted on the bench because there aren't any minutes in the rotation for them. . . not to mention tyler lydon. . . and that's even with millsap missing most of the season. . . i'm not against drafting and stashing more talent, of course-- but if you're going to take guys that you won't be able to develop, it might make more sense to add a young vet now who will actually see some playing time. . .

maybe one of these cats who understands basketball more than i do will have a better answer, but this is my take. . . i think we have two primary needs. . . the first is a veteran true point guard, an experienced ball handler/floor general who can back up jamaal, and hopefully mentor him and emmanuel. . . the second is a 3-and-D wing with legit small forward size-- chandler doesn't look like he has much left, and barton isn't a great defensive matchup with most NBA threes. . .

i will admit that i'm not optimistic about mudiay ever living up to his draft status, but i'm not sure it's fully accurate to label him as a bust just yet-- he's only 21 years old, with less than 100 starts. . . i think it's more accurate to say that his development has stalled-- and i do worry that his jumper's never going to come around, which will limit him. . . but he's been showing some solid play lately. . . IMO he can still be an at least somewhat capable scorer if he accepts that he can't shoot, and focuses on using his athleticism to get into the lane. . .he also has all the skills to grow into a plus defender, IF he wants to work at it. . . i can see a player like smart (or pat beverley) being his ceiling if he puts that work in. . . or, we could just go get smart now. . .

as for evans, i also don't really understand where he fits. . . i've always thought of him as a scoring combo guard type. . . he is 6'6" 220, and helin from PBT says he can play 1-3, so i suppose maybe they would start him over chandler, and move barton back to the two full time, where he isn't as bad a defensive matchup. . . evans is averaging 19.5/5/5 this year, so in a vacuum you'd certainly think he's a player who can help a team. . . he's probably the best available, but i'm really not sold that he's a great fit. . . especially if he's going to take minutes away from gary or barton, just when the nugs' chemistry seems to be coming together. . . i'd rather see us get smart, who makes us better and more physical on defense the moment he suits up. . . JMO-- should be interesting to watch. . .
    I think the biggest problem the Nuggets have in the trade market is that they don't really have any valuable expiring contracts, which are what teams looking to sell are looking for, even more so than draft picks sometimes. Barton and Jefferson are the only expiring, and that's only a total of $4 million. Chandler still has a year left, but if you could unload that contract in a deal for Evans and start Murray, Harris and Evans, that might be an interesting combo.

Chandler and Darrell Arthur do have player options, so as a potential other team in the deal, you could gamble on those players opting out, but Chandler is set to make $12 million next year and that salary probably won't go up if he opts out and tries to get a free agent contract. Same with Arthur, so I don't think that'll happen. And holy shit, **** Faried's contract. What a debacle.

The heart of this team right now is Murray, Harris and Jokic, so I'm a little baffled by the interest in Evans, as well, unless they do think he can stick in the 3-hole defensively and then direct the offense, allowing Murray and Harris to work off the ball. Personally, I kind of like Murray with the ball in his hands, though.

With Millsap coming back and Plumlee and Lyles in decent form, it's hard to see Denver really improving up front. I feel like the Nuggets want to go for it, in terms of playoff seeding and maybe a first round win, but I personally hope they don't make a move solely for the sake of making a move.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Clear the cap space and sign LBJ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

All tough asks.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Adrian Wojnarowski
    ‏ @ESPNWojNBA
    3h3 hours ago

The Denver Nuggets have emerged as the favorite to acquire Memphis Grizzlies guard Tyreke Evans as other suitors are unwilling to part with a 1st round pick in a deal
    https://twitter.com/search?q=denver+...Ctwgr%5Esearch

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Just heard on the fan - 3 team trade, Mudiay to Knicks. I think they said Devin Harris to Nuggets, and don't remember who the 3rd team was, or what happened there.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    4m
    Denver, New York and Dallas agreed on a three-way deal, league sources tell ESPN. Mudiay to Knicks; Devin Harris to Denver and Doug McDermott to Dallas.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    36s
    New York will send Denver a future second-round pick in the trade, league sources tell ESPN.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And here's my fear. Harris should not get minutes over Murray, Gary Harris or Barton. Hopefully this a precursor for Evans and D. Harris is the second team point guard.

Guess that must be it for Nuggets trades.

They got better I think with a veteran point guard, so long as he doesn't steal minutes from the budding stars and he can actually shoot as well, but I think another shooting forward with passing ability could have helped them make a run, especially when big man Milsap came back from injury.

I am not a die hard follower of basketball anymore though so haven't followed the Nuggets as close as in the past, so I could be wrong, but I think the vet pg and Evans would have been huge.

Adopted Bronco:

T.J. McBride
    @TJMcBrideNBA
    ·
    14m
    The #Nuggets did not open up an additional roster spot so Torrey Craig's days with Denver are now numbered.
    I would hate to see Torrey go. Could they just waive Harris? Or possibly waive Jefferson to make room for Torrey?

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

T.J. McBride
    @TJMcBrideNBA
    ·
    5m
    Want to know what Devin Harris brings to the Nuggets? Forget the numbers. Just read this tweet.

Tim MacMahon
    @espn_macmahon
    It was painful for Mavs to trade Devin Harris, who is beloved throughout franchise, but they felt getting trial period on pending RFA Doug McDermott and a second-round pick (originally Portland's via Denver) was a move worth making. Door will be open to Harris return this summer.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I don't know what this means, but I assume it's not super positive:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I’m not sure what Arnovitz is getting at either. Maybe Faried threw his TV out a window.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information