Page 649 of 766 FirstFirst ... 149 549 599 639 647 648 649 650 651 659 699 749 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

it obviously would've been sweet if the nugs could have pulled off a big trade, but since one didn't materialize, i'm just as glad they didn't make a move. . . may as well let them fight for a playoff spot. . . i can't remember if gallo's opt-out is at the end of this year, but the other assets can all be moved over the off-season if they still want to. . .

it's just a shame we couldn't have fleeced an idiot organization like brooklyn or sacramento out of unprotected firsts when we had to ship melo's punk ass. . .

2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    it obviously would've been sweet if the nugs could have pulled off a big trade, but since one didn't materialize, i'm just as glad they didn't make a move. . . may as well let them fight for a playoff spot. . . i can't remember if gallo's opt-out is at the end of this year, but the other assets can all be moved over the off-season if they still want to. . .

it's just a shame we couldn't have fleeced an idiot organization like brooklyn or sacramento out of unprotected firsts when we had to ship melo's punk ass. . .
    Your franchise died when you traded Melo. He's the best player your franchise has ever had. He would have left, so I get it, but man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...s-of-all-time/

Before we jump into an aria of gaudy stats, let’s pause real quick (especially considering we’re closing out the five-year anniversary of Linsanity) and be clear: Jokic is very young, and he’s only been playing a starter’s worth of minutes for two months now. But as we’ll see in a minute, his production could suffer a massive downturn and he’d still be among the more exciting prospects in the league.

Let’s start with the basics: Jokic’s Box plus/minus is 8.3, which is third in the league this season, behind only Russell Westbrook and James Harden, but in context of a player in only his second year, is extraordinary. It’s the third-highest BPM for a player in his first or second season, behind only David Robinson (8.4) who because of Navy service was 25 in his second season, and LeBron James.

Get hype?
    moderately hype, yes. . . like MO says, we need to see him keep doing it over a greater sample size, but it's tough to not feel some excitement for the future. . .

Your franchise died when you traded Melo. He's the best player your franchise has ever had. He would have left, so I get it, but man...
    and having said so, eff melo. . . i realize the nugs aren't a storied franchise, and it's cool. . . will make it that much sweeter for those of us who have suffered through hopeless years if they do put a good squad together. . . melo was a selfish, one-dimensional volume scorer. . . jokic has a game built for team success, and playoff basketball. . . if he IS the guy we were just talking about, you're hoping for better things than making runs at the scoring title, and losing in five games in the first round. . . past the initial anger, i just don't think many nugs fans have missed either carmelo anthony OR george karl that much. . . i am stoked to watch guys like jamaal murray, gary harris and juancho hernangomez grow around nikola, since this group of youngsters we have now will actually pass the basketball, and give some effort on defense even if they don't know what they're doing yet. . .

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

'Melo was a guy who balled out and was an elite player. His first coach was the shit that was George Karl. Compare that temperment of Melo from then to now. In another discussion when GK was bashing Melo for defense someone pointed out that GK never coached defense. The dude was straight cancer. But he's a coach and we're ingrained mentally to think issues between coach and player are always on the player. Because the HC is the authority figure.

I hope that Jokic turns into a top three player. I hope the Nugs win championships. Also, Melo's true shooting percentage is a couple of points higher than RWB.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

'Melo was a guy who balled out and was an elite player. His first coach was the shit that was George Karl. Compare that temperment of Melo from then to now. In another discussion when GK was bashing Melo for defense someone pointed out that GK never coached defense. The dude was straight cancer. But he's a coach and we're ingrained mentally to think issues between coach and player are always on the player. Because the HC is the authority figure.

I hope that Jokic turns into a top three player. I hope the Nugs win championships. Also, Melo's true shooting percentage is a couple of points higher than RWB.
    i hear you, but there's more than plenty of blame to go around. . . melo has played fifteen NBA season, and hasn't played a bit of defense in any of them. . . that goes way beyond karl. . . melo played three seasons for jeff bzdelick before GK was hired, and gave zero effort on defense all three of them. . . he was already a WELL-established liability before karl had anything to do with him. . . FTR, he has also played seven seasons in new york under how many coaches? and he hasn't played any defense there either-- or passed the ball for shit. . . good for him if he shoots better than westbrook-- go find me the last time he EVER got ten assists in a game! dude has been an offensive superstar for a decade and a half, and his teams have never won jack. . . i think it's disingenuous and just plain inaccurate to blame GK for the bulk of melo's shortcomings. . . karl has enough to answer for as it is, but he didn't make melo into an iso-ball prima donna-- he just encouraged and enabled the mindset that was already firmly in place. . . it's not like the great zen master phil jackson has had any better success with anthony's selfish ass. . . great individual player, sure. . . give me a paul george or jimmy butler with some versatility to their game over melo every day. . . JMO. . .

9. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I never liked Melo.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

i hear you, but there's more than plenty of blame to go around. . . melo has played fifteen NBA season, and hasn't played a bit of defense in any of them. . . that goes way beyond karl. . . melo played three seasons for jeff bzdelick before GK was hired, and gave zero effort on defense all three of them. . . he was already a WELL-established liability before karl had anything to do with him. . . FTR, he has also played seven seasons in new york under how many coaches? and he hasn't played any defense there either-- or passed the ball for shit. . . good for him if he shoots better than westbrook-- go find me the last time he EVER got ten assists in a game! dude has been an offensive superstar for a decade and a half, and his teams have never won jack. . . i think it's disingenuous and just plain inaccurate to blame GK for the bulk of melo's shortcomings. . . karl has enough to answer for as it is, but he didn't make melo into an iso-ball prima donna-- he just encouraged and enabled the mindset that was already firmly in place. . . it's not like the great zen master phil jackson has had any better success with anthony's selfish ass. . . great individual player, sure. . . give me a paul george or jimmy butler with some versatility to their game over melo every day. . . JMO. . .
    How do you ask him to win when his best player alongside him was what, an old AI? An older Billups? It's hard to say that GK only encouraged something that was in place when he got Melo when he was in his early twenties. That's, with all due respect my beloved Fish, a load of crapola. Phil Jackson has built god awful teams and is awful at his job. He's a laughing stock in the league right now, and the way he's treating Melo, who is taking it like champ, just makes it that much worse.

Adopted Bronco:

alright, this nugs fan got better things to do than debate the greatness of carmelo anthony. . . especially 'cuz the game just started. . . i wanna watch the future develop-- past is what it is. . .

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I'm going to watch the Warriors jack up some threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That was a forgettable 2nd frame.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So...Nikola Jokic...

11th in PER in the entire league
    14th in TS%
    66th in Assist % (The number of possessions by said player that end in assists, 23.2 percent - tied with Russell Westbrook)
    20th in Rebound %

So, like, I think he's kinda good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

nugs beat the bulls 125-107. . . joker with 19-16-10. . . he is good. . . man, i still can't believe the nugs let the sorry-ass kings beat them-- that was a tough one to drop. . . losing a close one to a veteran playoff team like memphis is one thing, but you have to develop that consistency where you beat the teams you're supposed to, night in and night out. . .

http://www.nba.com/video/2017/02/28/...kic-highlights
    Last edited by dogfish; 02-28-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

the franchise died when Stank bought it

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

alright, this nugs fan got better things to do than debate the greatness of carmelo anthony. . . especially 'cuz the game just started. . . i wanna watch the future develop-- past is what it is. . .
    heard that exact same thing in 2012.

And every single year as a St. Louis Rams fan.

Adopted Bronco:

the short-handed nugs didn't have it the other night against washington (too fast, too much shooting), but they came back tonight and punched an even-better boston team in the mouth. . . jokic scored the first bucket off a steal, getting denver out to a 9-2 opening run, and forcing a quick boston timeout. . . the nugs never relinquished the lead. . . most promising of all, they worked hard on defense all night long-- and kept it together when boston got extra physical, and the refs them play. . .

they're still a year or two away, but this team is a lot of fun to watch. . . and i think mike malone is a damn fine coach. . .

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information