Page 642 of 767 FirstFirst ... 142 542 592 632 640 641 642 643 644 652 692 742 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 11496

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I like Faried in this role much better.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I like Faried in this role much better.
    is he coming off the bench now?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    is he coming off the bench now?
    Yes, which is good. But, apparently, as a buddy is telling me tonight (I was not able to watch the end live), he was guarding Lillard late and that's basically why they lost.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/10/2...utombos-number

Yes yes yes. (waving finger)

That Nuggets/Supersonics series is still one of the best series ive ever witnessed in my lifetime. Dikembe hugging that ball at the end was so fun to watch.

DENVER -- The Denver Nuggets retired the No. 55 jersey of finger-wagging, shot-blocker extraordinaire Dikembe Mutombo in a halftime ceremony on Saturday night.Mutombo was drafted by the Nuggets with the No. 4 overall pick in 1991 and played five seasons with the team. Besides his trademark finger wag, Mutombo is probably best remembered for lying on the court, clutching the ball over his head, after the eighth-seeded Nuggets upset top-seeded Seattle during the 1993-94 playoffs.
    Mutombo's number was retired by Atlanta last season.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I want to see an explanation on why big men are guarding guards late.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

@NuggetsPR: Mudiay is on fire! 22 points in the 1Q on 8-9 FG, 3-4 3PT and 3-3 FT #Nuggets

Been hoping to see a line like this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Mudiay ended with 30-8-2 on 11-of-18 shooting and 5-of-5 at the free throw line.

Do more of that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Mudiay ended with 30-8-2 on 11-of-18 shooting and 5-of-5 at the free throw line.

Do more of that.
    Great line - but maybe a tad disappointing considering he had 22pts on 8/9 and 3-3 in the 1st qtr. Did he disappear for the rest of the game?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Great line - but maybe a tad disappointing considering he had 22pts on 8/9 and 3-3 in the 1st qtr. Did he disappear for the rest of the game?
    They were up by 20, so I'm not too worried about it. I was watching the Broncos game, so I didn't see it, but looks like they tried to get Wilson Chandler going in the second quarter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Malone: Nuggets to protest outcome of loss to Grizzlies

Yesterday the NBA released the Last Two Minute Report for the Nuggets heartbreaking loss to Memphis on Tuesday night. According to the NBA Officiating website, this report is released by the NBA officiating department following games that are within five points at the two-minute mark, and is an assessment of all calls (whistles) and notable non-calls with final rulings given in each circumstance.

If you'll remember, the last few minutes of the Nuggets - Grizzlies game offered a few questionable calls and non-calls, but none had more impact on the outcome than the turnover made by the Nuggets on an inbounds play with 04.7 seconds left. A botched pass led to a fast break by Mike Conley, who subsequently appeared to lose control as the ball went out of bounds:

The officials initially called it Grizzlies ball under the impression that Nuggets guard Emmanuel Mudiay touched the ball after Conley lost control. They then went to review the play, and based on the video evidence at the time determined that the call was correct. With .07 seconds left, Memphis proceeded to inbound the ball on an easy lob to Marc Gasol and win the game.

However, after reviewing the officiating following the game, the league came out with this statement:

Angles reviewed in the Replay Center appeared to show Mudiay (DEN) touch the ball prior to it going out of bounds. The call on the floor was therefore confirmed as MEM possession. However, upon review of an additional angle postgame, it was determined that Mudiay did not touch the ball and possession should have been awarded to DEN.

In the report the NBA admitted that they messed up and that the Nuggets should have been awarded the ball on that final possession. With less than a second remaining, it is nearly certain that Denver would have therefore won the game. Instead of having a 3-4 record, the Nuggets should be 4-3.

Regarding the report, head coach Michael Malone had this to say:
    rest - http://www.denverstiffs.com/2016/11/...phis-grizzlies

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The better question is, what the **** is Mike Miller doing inbounding the ball with three seconds left and a lead?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

The better question is, what the **** is Mike Miller doing inbounding the ball with three seconds left and a lead?
    isn't he like the designated inbounder in those situations?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    isn't he like the designated inbounder in those situations?
    Probably. Seems like something a coach would do: He's the oldest player, therefore he's wily and the best passer. We'll call it the Andre Miller principle. Remember how that always seemed to backfire? There are better passers on the team than Miller.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Great to get a win, but it's nights like these where you have to worry about Mudiay. 5 points, 3 assists in 26 minutes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, yeah. George Karl.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information