Page 640 of 766 FirstFirst ... 140 540 590 630 638 639 640 641 642 650 690 740 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Would shrinking the league help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Would shrinking the league help?
    No.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Some early, early thoughts...

So I was curious about Emmanuel Mudiay's season, because I hadn't gone back and looked at it in its entirety.

Pre-injury he was averaging 10.7 points, 5.7 assists, 3.5 rebounds, 1 steal and .7 blocks per game on 31 percent shooting, 24 percent 3-point shooting in 29.1 minutes per game in 23 games.

He was out about a month, Dec. 14 to Jan. 10. 14 games.

After his injury he was averaging 13.9 points, 5.3 assists, 3.4 rebounds, .9 steals and .4 blocks per game on 39 percent shooting, 35 percent 3-point shooting in 31.1 minutes per game in 45 games.

Clearly, he improved from essentially a first quarter to his third and fourth quarters of the season, after being injured for the second.

His March and April stats got even better, 16.5 points, 4.9 assists, 3.8 rebounds, .6 steals, .4 steals, .4 blocks per game on 40 percent shooting, 38 percent 3-point shooting in 31.1 minutes in 22 games.

Maybe he was starting to realize that he needed to score more, but I imagine Malone was telling him he needed to score more and be more assertive.

I think it bodes well for the future. I still don't expect him to hit his full potential this season, but I think are more and better scoring options than an oft-injured Gallinari this year. I don't expect Murray to step in and score 25 a night, but I think he'll make a significant difference, unless he's injured as much as Gallinari. Having Wilson Chandler back couldn't hurt either the team or Mudiay's development. I also expect the front line to take another step.

This is a developing roster. I'd imagine Gallinari, Chandler and Faried are gone by next offseason, but I like the pieces in place. I hope Murray and Mudiay become a top backcourt tandem in the league.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Some early, early thoughts...

So I was curious about Emmanuel Mudiay's season, because I hadn't gone back and looked at it in its entirety.

Pre-injury he was averaging 10.7 points, 5.7 assists, 3.5 rebounds, 1 steal and .7 blocks per game on 31 percent shooting, 24 percent 3-point shooting in 29.1 minutes per game in 23 games.

He was out about a month, Dec. 14 to Jan. 10. 14 games.

After his injury he was averaging 13.9 points, 5.3 assists, 3.4 rebounds, .9 steals and .4 blocks per game on 39 percent shooting, 35 percent 3-point shooting in 31.1 minutes per game in 45 games.

Clearly, he improved from essentially a first quarter to his third and fourth quarters of the season, after being injured for the second.

His March and April stats got even better, 16.5 points, 4.9 assists, 3.8 rebounds, .6 steals, .4 steals, .4 blocks per game on 40 percent shooting, 38 percent 3-point shooting in 31.1 minutes in 22 games.

Maybe he was starting to realize that he needed to score more, but I imagine Malone was telling him he needed to score more and be more assertive.

I think it bodes well for the future. I still don't expect him to hit his full potential this season, but I think are more and better scoring options than an oft-injured Gallinari this year. I don't expect Murray to step in and score 25 a night, but I think he'll make a significant difference, unless he's injured as much as Gallinari. Having Wilson Chandler back couldn't hurt either the team or Mudiay's development. I also expect the front line to take another step.

This is a developing roster. I'd imagine Gallinari, Chandler and Faried are gone by next offseason, but I like the pieces in place. I hope Murray and Mudiay become a top backcourt tandem in the league.
    The football regular season starts next week - what the hell is this all about?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The football regular season starts next week - what the hell is this all about?
    I'm relatively sure I posted this in the Nuggets thread.

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm relatively sure I posted this in the Nuggets thread.
    The question stands.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The question stands.
    I'm pretty sure it's about the Nuggets, specifically young guard Emmanuel Mudiay. I'll double check.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Nuggets trade Joffrey Lauvergne to Oklahoma City for draft picks

The Nuggets are parting ways with forward Joffrey Lauvergne, trading him to Oklahoma City for two second-round picks.

Lauvergne, 24, a 2013 second-round pick acquired by the Nuggets in a draft-night trade with the Memphis Grizzlies, finished his second season for the Nuggets in 2015-16, averaging 7.9 points and 4.9 rebounds. He shot 51 percent from the field.

The Nuggets will receive Oklahoma City’s and Memphis’ second-round picks.

The 6-foot-11, 240-pound Lauvergne was a solid inside presence for the Nuggets, who won the starting center job out of training camp last season before a back injury shut him down just three games into the season. Lauvergne rebounded to be a key contributor off the bench. He recently played for France in the Olympics.
    http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/30...oklahoma-city/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Wait, wasn't everybody enamored with his potential? I thought that we had sort of "hit" on him as a European prospect and now we're trading him in for 2 other yet-to-be-defined low value prospects?

What am I missing?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wait, wasn't everybody enamored with his potential? I thought that we had sort of "hit" on him as a European prospect and now we're trading him in for 2 other yet-to-be-defined low value prospects?

What am I missing?
    If Nurkic and Jokic are healthy, Lauvergne doesn't get much playing time. That said, I also don't like the trade, though.

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

boo!

the other two are better-- but nurk hasn't been consistently healthy, and two seconds isn't much return. . .

MO, you're right about mudiay-- he was much better after he came back. . . his shooting was significantly better, and he was more aggressive as a scorer, for sure. . . he'll figure that part of it out. . . and he's already a solid passer with good handles. . . he still has a lot of work to do on defense, but the raw ability is there. . . i'm definitely interestested to see how far he progresses this year. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What am I missing?
    Why do you care? Football season starts in a week.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I was actually shocked that MO didn't hit me with that response. I was sure it was coming! And it would have been totally deserved. He's really growing up taking the high road like that.

18. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Buff knew he was hypocritical in posting that. Sitting there with the guilt sometimes is worse than someone pointing out for you.

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Mudiay also played on the practice team against team USA before they went to RIO. That experience should help him as well. I'm excited to see what he does this season. If the kid is going to be a star, it should begin to show in his sophomore year. As far as Lauvergne goes, the Nuggets traded the wrong power forward. How in the world is Manimal still on this team?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information