Page 63 of 767 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 563 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Nuggets Sign Veteran Point Guard Jason Hart

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/nugg...rt_030309.html

DENVER, Mar. 3, 2009 -- The Denver Nuggets have signed guard Jason Hart for the remainder of the season, team Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.

Hart, 6-3, 180, averaged 2.3 ppg and 1.5 apg in 28 games this season with the Los Angeles Clippers before being waived on Feb. 27.

In eight NBA seasons, Hart has compiled career averages of 4.9 ppg and 2.3 apg in 16.1 mpg in 325 games with Milwaukee, San Antonio, Charlotte, Sacramento, L.A. Clippers (two stints) and Utah.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

championship!!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Jason Hart played for the Jazz last year and is terrible. He isn't a good distributor and he can't score...he has a terrible shot. He does play pretty good defense, but don't expect anything good to happen offensively when you stick him in there.

Thank George Karl for yet another loss, suspending Carmelo ANthony for "NOT" wanting to come out of a game?

I think there should be some respect when it comes to a coach and a superstar player, and when he has that competitive nature to not want to leave the game, let him play... hes your #1 player.

this Nuggets team is going nowhere with George Karl as the head coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Thank George Karl for yet another loss, suspending Carmelo ANthony for "NOT" wanting to come out of a game?

I think there should be some respect when it comes to a coach and a superstar player, and when he has that competitive nature to not want to leave the game, let him play... hes your #1 player.

this Nuggets team is going nowhere with George Karl as the head coach.
    Yup, let the inmates run the asylum...seems to be the majority opinion around here lately.

You come out when the coach wants you to come out.

I thought Melo was past this crap.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

So did I MB. It seems like every time he starts to show some maturity, he takes a step backwards.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Melo says suspension behind him

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11834636

Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony talked for the first time today about his suspension for not coming out of Sunday's game, saying the incident was behind him.

"This situation was very, very small," Anthony said after the team's practice at the Pepsi Center. "Some of my teammates didn't even know what happened. The only people that knew what happened was me, (Nuggets coach) George (Karl) and the person that subbed me in.

"I've put it behind me."

As a result of the one-game suspension, Anthony missed Tuesday night's loss at Detroit. He watched from a hotel room. He said he should have come out of the game in the third quarter Sunday at Indiana when Karl subbed for him.

"I should have came out the game," Anthony said. "If you're a basketball player and you know how it feels when you get it going finally, your competitiveness starts coming out.

"When somebody comes to sub you out, I guess you're supposed to go out. But like I said it's one of them things. I felt like I wanted to stay in the game, and still make a run and try to win that game. It was a road game, we needed it, it happens."

And the next time he is subbed for?

"I'm going to run to the bench," Anthony quipped. "I'm going to run hard to the bench."

And, from another article:

He said it was just a matter of wanting to stay in the game because he had a hot shooting hand.

My comment to that:

Although I realize that he should have come out of the game, there also have been many times in the past that Karl will pull someone with a hot shooting hand, which has never made sense to me.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

9. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Anthony Carter.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Melo and Karl on suspension

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

Although I realize that he should have come out of the game, there also have been many times in the past that Karl will pull someone with a hot shooting hand, which has never made sense to me.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger on that one Carol. Karl's substitution patterns are a mystery to many of us. Carter, Balkman, etc. etc.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-05-2009 at 11:12 AM.

13. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Huge game tonight, Portland and Utah are coming and the Nuggets sure have not looked all to good on the road as of late. And just to add to the pressure Friday its at Utah.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Two very important games back to back...

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Karl shakes up Nuggets' lineup

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_11844889

With his Nuggets banged up and bruised (bodies and egos), coach George Karl is shaking things up.

Denver forward Kenyon Martin will not start tonight against Portland, resting his sore back. Johan Petro will start in his place.

J.R. Smith, one of Denver's more explosive reserves, will start in place of Dahntay Jones. And reserve guard Anthony Carter will not play.

The Nuggets have lost two in a row and five of their past seven games.

And reserve rookie guard Sonny Weems said that after tonight's game, he will join the Colorado 14ers in the NBA's Developmental League, and will likely stay there until March 27.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Petro

Are you serious? That dude should NEVER start an NBA game.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Spot on Carol. Spot on.

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

I'll be watching the game tonight...GO NUGGETS!

:preparesthenoose:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information