Page 639 of 766 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 649 689 739 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    So the LeBatard show was talking this morning about how a story is floating out there that the Cavs and Nuggets have some sort of "deal" in place in which Denver signs Wade then trades him to Cleveland in December or something like that? Has anyone heard anything about that? It seems kinda shady.
    I wouldn't be surprised, and yes, it's shady. First I've heard of it. The timing is right though. Free agents can't be traded for 100 days, or something like that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I'd like that to happen. Just give cancel the regular season that no one cares about -no one gets happy about regular season NBA games- and skip to the finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Kiszla: After failing to sign Dwyane Wade, the free agent Denver needs to pursue is Chauncey Billups

from article:

There are no participation ribbons in free agency, though. You either score or get left holding a bag of money. If Denver really wants to get serious about luring stars to a flyover city, then the next free agent the Nuggets need to sign is Chauncey Billups, the Colorado prep hero who grew up to be an NBA champ with the Detroit Pistons.

For years, Billups has made it well known he wants to build a contender as a front-office executive. The question is: Where in Denver’s front office can Billups fit between Kroenke and general manager Tim Connelly? The answer: As special assistant to the president, with Billups assigned to sell free agents that Denver can indeed be a great place for an NBA star to thrive.
    full article - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/06...uncey-billups/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

rofl.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

good grief. . . i just noticed that the nugs re-signed mike miller for another two years. . .

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go Warriors.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    good grief. . . i just noticed that the nugs re-signed mike miller for another two years. . .
    I think it was Matt Moore who had a 1:1 podcast with Mike Miller earlier this year - I developed a whole new respect for him after listening. He's the classic veteran presence in the locker room, so I don't mind keeping him around as a glue guy... Just hope we're not expecting much production.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think it was Matt Moore who had a 1:1 podcast with Mike Miller earlier this year - I developed a whole new respect for him after listening. He's the classic veteran presence in the locker room, so I don't mind keeping him around as a glue guy... Just hope we're not expecting much production.
    Did he tell the monkey story?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

i do get that. . . but damn, with a bazillion dollars in cap space, they couldn't find a vet leader type who could also contribute some decent minutes here and there? it makes me cringe that they signed him for two years, not one. . . it's nothing personal against miller, who seems like a good dude-- just wanting to see the nugs make at least some sort of progress. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Did he tell the monkey story?
    I can't remember now.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i do get that. . . but damn, with a bazillion dollars in cap space, they couldn't find a vet leader type who could also contribute some decent minutes here and there? it makes me cringe that they signed him for two years, not one. . . it's nothing personal against miller, who seems like a good dude-- just wanting to see the nugs make at least some sort of progress. . .
    Well they tried to get D-Wade to take their money. I guess I don't really see this as an impediment so much as a complementary move that was likely going to happen no matter who they pursued. Plus - didn't they just invest a high draft pick in a young shooting guard? The Cavs are probably gonna re-sign James Jones for the same reasons.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I can't remember now.

Well they tried to get D-Wade to take their money. I guess I don't really see this as an impediment so much as a complementary move that was likely going to happen no matter who they pursued. Plus - didn't they just invest a high draft pick in a young shooting guard? The Cavs are probably gonna re-sign James Jones for the same reasons.
    You probably would have remembered this:

[QUOTE=dogfish;2512259]i do get that. . . but damn, with a bazillion dollars in cap space, they couldn't find a vet leader type who could also contribute some decent minutes here and there? it makes me cringe that they signed him for two years, not one. . . it's nothing personal against miller, who seems like a good dude

It's essentially a one year deal. The second year has no guarantees. With all of the young guards on the roster, I'm guessing that the brass wants leadership in that area specifically. The Nuggets aren't paying him for production. They're paying him for his mentoring skills. I hope it pays off because there is some serious young talent at the guard position on this roster.

Adopted Bronco:

zig, good to see you posting in the nugs thread again-- even if it was just to tell me the same thing buff just told me, which i already knew anyway. . .

just saw a quote from zach lowe that denver is currently one of the most active teams exploring trades, and that they're looking to move faried. . .

How will they get and maintain star power?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    How will they get and maintain star power?
    like most teams in the NBA, they probably won't. . .

they just have to hope that mudiay, jokic or murray develops into a legit stud. . . obviously, a trade is the other possibility, because we do have plenty of assets-- a guy has to be willing to re-sign, though, so not likely to happen. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information