Page 638 of 766 FirstFirst ... 138 538 588 628 636 637 638 639 640 648 688 738 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

some good stuff on Nuggets twitter

https://twitter.com/nuggets?lang=en

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Last night after the draft on ESPN, there were 4 people discussing the draft. One of the questions was who had the best draft. Jay Bilas replied - "it would have to be Philadelphia, because they drafted the best player, but right after them, is Denver.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Gary Harris’ job is starting shooting guard, says Nuggets GM Tim Connelly

Despite the fact the Nuggets drafted a combo guard in Jamal Murray and a shooting guard in Malik Beasley, team general manager Tim Connelly was firm in his stance that Gary Harris’ shooting guard spot next season is not in jeopardy.

“It’s Gary’s job,” Connelly said. “Certainly I hope Jamal does everything he does to potentially take the job, but Gary’s our starting two-guard.”

Harris is coming off a solid season in which he averaged 12.3 points, 2.9 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.3 steals per game. He was one of the Nuggets better shooters, hitting 46 percent from the field overall and 35 percent from 3-point range.

More importantly to Connelly and Nuggets coach Michael Malone is the fact that Harris has been in the gym regularly for on-court workouts.

“He’s been fantastic,” Connelly said. “He’s lived in the gym this summer. (Drafting Murray) was an addition to what we think is a very strong backcourt already. We like the flexibility he provides us.”

Hernangomez arrival uncertain. When the Nuggets selected Juan Hernangomez with the No. 15 pick in the draft, it was due to a nice package of size (6-foot-9, 230 pounds), and skill. Whether any of that gets put on the court next season remains to be seen.

The two sides will negotiate what’s best for the 20 year old, either bringing him here to get his NBA career started, or waiting a year to do it.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/24...hooting-guard/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

interesting. . . david aldridge says we were trying to move up for buddy hield. . .
    Denver tried to move up to get Hield, couldn't, then settled in and made three rock-solid first-round picks: Kentucky's Jamal Murray at seven, Spanish big Juan Hernangomez at 15 and Florida State's Malik Beasley at 19. All of them should contribute immediately, with Murray almost certain to become a strong complement in the backcourt to second-year point Emmanuel Mudiay. GM Tim Connelly took a lot of heat in his first season, but he's added a lot of talent the last two years. The Nuggets don't have to wait any more for Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler or any other vets to come back from injuries. They've got a good young nucleus, a good young coach in Mike Malone and a good chance to make a move up next season in the west.
    http://www.nba.com/2016/news/feature...eans-pelicans/

Adopted Bronco:

DJ augustin has signed with orlando. . . looks like jameer and jamal as the backup points it is. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

@ESPNSteinLine: The Nuggets, sources say, continue to have active interest in signing Dwyane Wade. Instinct (still) tells me Miami ultimately figures it out
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...ntinue-pursuit

The Denver Nuggets, armed with some $28 million in salary-cap space, continue to pursue Dwyane Wade, sources told ESPN's Marc Stein.

Wade has made it known that he will not play for less than last season's $20 million salary.

The Miami Heat, at this point, have only $19 million in cap space. Denver and Dallas are teams Wade's representatives have reached out to, sources said. Due to recently agreed-upon signings, both the New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls have priced themselves out of the market for Wade.

Drafted in 2003 in the first round by the Heat, Wade has spent the entirety of his NBA career in Miami and has won three championships.

According to sources, Wade has grown frustrated with the Heat, as they prioritized Kevin Durant and Hassan Whiteside in free agency. Durant met with Heat representatives on Sunday in The Hamptons and is expected to make his free-agency decision by Monday, while Whiteside reached a verbal commitment with Miami on a four-year contract that could be worth up to $98 million.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 07-03-2016 at 10:44 PM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

i ain't even gonna hope. . . i like that our FO is pursuing him, though. . . it's not like he makes us all that much better on the court at this point in his career-- but it would be huge from an organizational stand point to sign him. . .

9. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I want him to be a Knick. It would be like watching the Lakers with Karl Malone, Gary Payton, and a bunch of other oldies power walking the court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wade offered 2 years, $40 million by Miami to stay, per AP.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Deep into this Zach Lowe column, he floats the nugget that Denver is/was going after Millsap.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...n-kevin-durant

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Deep into this Zach Lowe column, he floats the nugget that Denver is/was going after Millsap.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...n-kevin-durant
    i can't see why the hawks would move him, unless they decide to blow it up and start over after losing horford. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i can't see why the hawks would move him, unless they decide to blow it up and start over after losing horford. . .
    Just signed Howard, so who knows. He says it was Faried and picks. Not sure how enticing that even is.

Nuggets have offered Wade a 2 year/ 50 million+ contract. His mentorship to the young guys would be invaluable, not to mention that the Nuggets might be looked at as a legit franchise from other NBA players. He's a 20 minute/night guy during the regular season. That leaves room for the young guys to play and grow. I could see him having the kind of effect on Mudiay and Murray that Demarcus Ware has had on Von. Great effort by the Nuggets front office.

16. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So the LeBatard show was talking this morning about how a story is floating out there that the Cavs and Nuggets have some sort of "deal" in place in which Denver signs Wade then trades him to Cleveland in December or something like that? Has anyone heard anything about that? It seems kinda shady.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information