Page 620 of 766 FirstFirst ... 120 520 570 610 618 619 620 621 622 630 670 720 ... LastLast
Results 9,286 to 9,300 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Kiszla: Ty Lawson, Nuggets guard, speeding down dangerous highway to big trouble

The Nuggets employ Ty Lawson to drive the lane, not drive under the influence of alcohol. Unwanted by Denver and now nearly impossible to trade after his second alcohol-related arrest in 2015, Lawson has made a mess of his basketball life.

But can we forget basketball for one stinkin' moment?

When looking beyond the court, it's the life of a 27-year-old man that concerns me now. A basketball relationship that has gone sour should be the least of the worries for Lawson or the Nuggets.
    rest - plus video - Earl Boykins on Ty Lawson
    http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...-down-troubled

I don't like a lot of what Kiszla writes, but this is good
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 07-14-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Wilson Chandler's Letter to Denver

When you go to the Nuggets' website, the first thing there is the following:

I make all my decisions based on what will make me happier in life. That should say everything in regards to why I chose to resign with Denver for the next 4 years.

Of course I could of played out my current deal and tested the waters next year when the TV money will sky rocket the salary cap. However Life is bigger then that. While the nuggets organization was very generous and I'm extremely happy with the new deal, I made this decision because of the city of Denver, the Nuggets fans, and my teammates. I tasted what it was like to win in this great city, and I've never been more focused to recapture that feeling. It will take a lot of hard work and commitment from top to bottom but I know we can do it, and I'm ready to lead the charge.

It's going to be a great ride and I wish the season could start tomorrow. To the ownership and management I say thank you!

To the fans I say an extra thank you for they are the real reason I'm staying here for the long haul. Nugget nation let's come together and turn this around!

Wilson Chandler Signature
    http://www.nba.com/nuggets/wilson-ch...-letter-denver

So very very happy Wilson wanted to be a Denver Nugget

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Cut him.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So.

Ty Lawson shirked the responsibility of his own little kids basketball camp in order to party in L.A.?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So.

Ty Lawson shirked the responsibility of his own little kids basketball camp in order to party in L.A.?
    A camp that promoted his attendance for months leading up to it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

A camp that promoted his attendance for months leading up to it.
    That's worse to me than getting arrested again.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I agree Mo. It's pretty lame.
    The depth of his selfishness is a likely indicator of a substance abuse problem.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Vin Baker's advice for Ty Lawson: 'Make your life your priority'

LAS VEGAS – After alcohol use ruined his own NBA career, four-time All-Star Vin Baker would like to talk to troubled Denver Nuggets guard Ty Lawson, whose playing days are now in jeopardy after yet another DUI arrest.

"I wish I could reach out to him," Baker told Yahoo Sports. "I would just give him encouragement no matter where he is at with it. It's a fight, it's real and it's not to be taken lightly. The unfortunate thing sometimes is you have to take a step back from what you've been doing your whole life to deal with something that is life-threatening.

"It's like, 'I got to get back to play.' You got to get right first."
    rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vin-bak...024514038.html

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Prosecutors want alcohol monitoring for Nuggets' Ty Lawson

DENVER -- Colorado prosecutors want Denver Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson to use an alcohol monitoring device after he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence for a second time this year.

Lawson was arrested in Los Angeles on Tuesday and is scheduled to stand trial in a Denver DUI case next month.

After his January arrest in Denver, Lawson was ordered not to drink alcohol and not violate any laws as part of his bond. Prosecutors now are asking a judge to require him to use a device, such as an ankle bracelet, that monitors the body for alcohol.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...gets-ty-lawson

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Is there a wrist band or an ankle bracelet that will zap him when he makes a dumb decision?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Danilo Gallinari targeted for extension by Nuggets

LAS VEGAS — Wilson Chandler's contract extension could be just the beginning for the Nuggets. If they have their way, they'd like to open talks on an extension for Danilo Gallinari as well, according to a league source.

Gallinari is heading into the final year of his contract, which is scheduled to pay him $11.5 million. He'll be an unrestricted free agent next summer.

Gallinari always has been viewed as an important piece of the Nuggets re-tooling — now rebuilding — effort, ever since he was traded to Denver from New York in 2011 in the Carmelo Anthony deal. When he's been on the court he's shown why. He averaged a career-high 16.2 points in 2012-13 before an anterior cruciate ligament injury, and two subsequent surgeries, set him back 19 months.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...ion-by-nuggets

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I thought the front office had acnkowledged the need to rebuild - but I guess we're going to continue the commitment to mediocrity instead.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I thought the front office had acnkowledged the need to rebuild - but I guess we're going to continue the commitment to mediocrity instead.
    Are you referring to Gallinari? Because, talent wise. He'd be the only one I'd really want to hold on to.

Adopted Bronco:

I certainly do not consider Gallo mediocre

Gallinari found his stride late last season, his first since injuring his knee. He averaged 12.4 points on 40.1 percent shooting from the field and a healthy 35.5 percent from the 3-point line. His per-36 minutes stats last season are the eye-openers — an average of 18.5 points per 36 minutes to go along with 5.5 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.2 steals.

Gallinari's play improved as the 2014-15 season wore on — going from 12.9 points per game in February to 17.8 in March and 22.3 in April. His full post-all star stats were 18.6 points and 4.8 rebounds per game, shooting 44.3 percent from the field and 40.4 percent from the 3-point line.
    http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...ion-by-nuggets

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I certainly do not consider Gallo mediocre

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...ion-by-nuggets
    His numbers are pretty mediocre. He was 99th in scoring per game in the NBA, if you include all scorers including those unqualified for the scoring title like Gallinari.

His per 48 scoring was 59th in the league. Maybe if he's not injured those numbers go up, but then again he has to stay healthy. There's also the possibility that if he plays more those numbers fall slightly and regresses to his mean which is 14 and 3.

He's entering his seventh year in the NBA, and at this point he is what he is: A 14 and 3 wing with a nice shot. That's a mediocre player that's a nice piece to have but not something to build around.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 07-16-2015 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Entering his seventh, not eighth, season.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information