Page 615 of 767 FirstFirst ... 115 515 565 605 613 614 615 616 617 625 665 715 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 11496

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default WATCH: Ty Lawson smokes a hookah while watching draft, says ‘I’m going to Sacramento’

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    What did he do?
    As the Denver Nuggets mulled their first-round decision on draft night Thursday, point guard Ty Lawson offered a few ideas of his own — while smoking a hookah.

A stream of Lawson and friends watching the draft and smoking was posted on Twitter Thursday evening. In the clip, Lawson tells a friend before the Nuggets’ first-round selection of Emmanuel Mudiay: “They’re probably gonna get Mudiay, then I’m gonna get a bunch of tweets about, ‘Yo, Ty, you’re getting traded.'”

Once the Nuggets’ took Mudiay, at No. 7, Lawson said: “Told you. I’m going to Sacramento, bro.”
    rest - plus video
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...ramento/13040/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

What did he do?
    Ty Lawson things.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

What did he do?
    You can always count on the NBA draft to produce a few a few memorable moments. Sobbing Knicks Child was the star of last night’s show, but Sad Ty Lawson Smoking Hookah ran a very close second.

With the seventh overall pick, the Denver Nuggets selected point guard Emmanuel Mudiay, who at one point was projected to be the top pick in the draft but somehow fell into the Nuggets’ lap at No. 7. How did current Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson feel about his team taking a guy who plays the same position? Pass the hookah hose, bro:

The clip was originally posted by Nuggets D-Leaguer Joel Barkers, who I guess likes to surreptitiously film his friends from odd angles while they smoke hookah and contemplate life. The Nuggets’ front office was not super thrilled about this:
    http://deadspin.com/ty-lawson-sees-h...oke-1714109883

Denver Nuggets guard Ty Lawson had quite the response when his team drafted point guard Emmanuel Mudiay No. 7 overall on Thursday night. In a video that (of course) made it on to the Internet, the 27-year-old says: “I’m going to Sacramento.”

While this joke makes some sense (Lawson’s old coach, George Karl, is the coach of the Kings) it didn’t sit well with everyone, including Sacramento Kings vice president of basketball and franchise operations (translation: lead decision-maker) Vlade Divac.

When asked on Dave, Deuce and Morgan in the Morning what went through his head when he saw the video, Divac’s response was succinct and decisive:
    “Stupid.”
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/denv...y-lawson-video

The Nuggets management made a huge mistake not taking a first before the draft. Word is, Sacramento wanted him but the Nuggets were asking for the 6th pick plus at least one more draft pick. Now he's barely worth a conditional pick. They're making the same mistake with Faried. I hope they pull their heads out now that they have a future (possibly) superstar on the roster and trade these 2 before they become completely impossible to trade.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

WATCH: Emmanuel Mudiay high school highlights

video, plus article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...hlights/13076/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Ty Lawson ‏@TyLawson3 · 11h11 hours ago
    The whole world has a misconception about me ......

Ty Lawson ‏@TyLawson3 · 11h11 hours ago
    Going crazy because i smoked hookah
    Isn't there anyone who can tell him to just shut up and quit digging himself deeper and deeper in the hole he's created? Isn't that one of the things that agents are for? This is getting ridiculous. At the rate he's going the Nuggets will either be trading him for a 2nd, or just cutting him outright.

9. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 2h

Mark Haas retweeted Emmanuel Mudiay

#Nuggets 1st round draft pick making an appearence

Mark Haas added,
    Emmanuel Mudiay @emmanuelmudiay
    DENVER! Come see me today @330pm at the @footlocker at Park Meadows in Littleton! @uabasketball

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    http://deadspin.com/ty-lawson-sees-h...oke-1714109883

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/denv...y-lawson-video

The Nuggets management made a huge mistake not taking a first before the draft. Word is, Sacramento wanted him but the Nuggets were asking for the 6th pick plus at least one more draft pick. Now he's barely worth a conditional pick. They're making the same mistake with Faried. I hope they pull their heads out now that they have a future (possibly) superstar on the roster and trade these 2 before they become completely impossible to trade.
    Would the Nuggets really be stupid enough to turn down a 1st round pick for Lawson?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Emmanuel Mudiay Meets Fans At Park Meadows Mall

LONE TREE, Colo. (CBS4)– The seventh overall NBA draft pick stopped by the Foot Locker at Park Meadows Mall on Saturday.

Emmanuel Mudiay, the point guard from Texas, played in China last year. Now he’s in Colorado and already signing autographs for fans. He also took a few selfies.

Mudiay said he’s feeling the love of Denver already.

“It’s a blessing to see fans coming out here, showing me some support so I can’t wait to play the first game, you know, any first thing that’s with the Denver Nuggets so I can show them my loyalty and desire,” said Mudiay.
    video - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/06/2...s-foot-locker/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Emmanuel Mudiay Meets Fans At Park Meadows Mall

did he dunk on anyone?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I'm not at all impressed with Connelly when it comes to dealing with other organizations. That said that hind sight is always 20/20 and literally no one thought Mudiay would fall to the Nuggets at 7 So you couldn't trade your prima dona pg without having some sort of contingency plan in place. I think at this point they'll have to ride this out and play the smallish backcourt that they ran with Chauncey and AI. You have to have both these guys on the court and get your shooting from the wing and the 4 with guys like Danilo and lauvergne and potentially jokic. The one thing we've got going for us right now is the presence of Euro Bigs with range to help compensate for the lack of outsided stroke from what looks to be our starting backcourt. It will be interesting to see if Green and Harris are able to take the next step this year becaue we will really need it.

Does anyone really think Ty will play for the Nuggets this season? I think they ship him off for a conditional 1st or a player.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Does anyone really think Ty will play for the Nuggets this season? I think they ship him off for a conditional 1st or a player.
    I do. Sounds to me like this front office doesn't have any balls.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

•The Nuggets let two trade exceptions expire unused Friday — one worth $1.75MM for Anthony Randolph, who went out in the trade that brought in Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris, and the other worth $1,422,720 that was a vestige of last summer’s Evan Fournier/Arron Afflalo trade.
    Those could have been used in draft day trades. Now let's see what happens with the roster over the next 3 weeks.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Ty Lawson My Parents Never Confronted Coaches...'Cause I Didn't Suck

NBA star Ty Lawson says that his parents never had to pull a P. Diddy on one of his coaches ... telling TMZ Sports his folks had nothing to be mad about ... 'cause he was too much of a stud.

Lawson was out in L.A. this weekend when we asked if he'd ever witnessed any tense moments between his parents and coaches ... like the Diddy/Alosi run in at UCLA from a week ago.

Check out the clip -- Lawson says that there's one thing that stopped his parents from ever needing to make a trip into the coaches office ... the fact he was the best player on every team he's played for.

Ty does back up Diddy though ... saying if he thought his kid was being unfairly bullied he'd definitely step in and do something.
    http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/30/ty-law...-was-too-good/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information