Page 605 of 766 FirstFirst ... 105 505 555 595 603 604 605 606 607 615 655 705 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I've seen Justice Winslow linked with Denver quite often.
    He's a stud, but doubt he's there at 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Last week on the fan, they were talking about the guy on the following link as someone the Nuggets may want. He is a foreign player, and ranked 7th.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/prospect-rankings
    Probably Mario Hezonja

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

whattaya think, zig. . . can we be the american raptors, even without masai?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    whattaya think, zig. . . can we be the american raptors, even without masai?
    If there's one thing this staff seems to do well, it's scout international players. Why not draft to your strengths? They've actually been trying to sign last season's 2nd rounder Nikola Jokic, who's becoming a very hot commodity overseas.
    There are a couple of hurdles to get through, but the Nuggets are expected to have 2014 second-round draft pick Nikola Jokic signed and ready to roll prior to the Nuggets’ summer league in Las Vegas in July.

The 20-year-old Jokic, a 6-11, 253-pound Serbian center, played last season for KK Mega Vizura in the Adriatic League. He led the team in points (15.4), rebounds (9.2) and steals per game (1.5). He also averaged 3.5 assists for the team.

His play has been a constant source of interest and excitement in the Nuggets front office and scouting department. A high basketball IQ and a game that stretches out to the 3-point line — he shot 34.6 percent from there during the season — has the organization eager to see him against NBA-caliber players.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...ranteed/12875/

How about throwing that kid out at PF next to Nurkic. 6'11, 253, still growing with 3 point range and nice moves around the rim. Another project but screw it, if we're going to go back to the run and gun with no defense to speak of we might as well go all European. They know how to get it done on offense. Draft Hezonja, throw him in with those 2 and we'll be the fastest, whitest, running team in the NBA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Kiszla: Nuggets can be successful even without winning NBA lottery

Well, there goes the Nuggets' chance to draft Karl-Anthony Towns, Jahlil Okafor or D'Angelo Russell down the drain. If not for bad luck ...

But wipe that pathetic frown off your face, Josh Kroenke. Pouting is not a good look for a son of a billionaire. And wipe those woe-is-us tears, Nuggets fans. I'm sick of hearing how no superstar will ever want to play in the Rocky Mountains and how the pingpong balls never bounce Denver's way in the NBA lottery.

Here's what happened Tuesday night: It became very likely that when the Nuggets draft in June, they will have the opportunity to select Mario Hezonja, a 6-foot-8 small forward from Croatia with the swagger that comes naturally to a 20-year-old with the wicked hops to posterize any defender on a dunk and the feathery touch to swish shots from 3-point range.

While there are no guarantees in the draft, there's a very good chance Hezonja will prove to be a better NBA player than any of the overhyped, underperforming prospects who lived out of a suitcase at the University of Kentucky before getting bounced from the NCAA Tournament.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...ithout-winning

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Nuggets center Jusuf Nurkic to undergo knee surgery

Jusuf Nurkic, the Nuggets rookie center, is scheduled to undergo knee surgery Wednesday for a slight tear of the patella tendon. He is expected to be sidelined 3 to 4 months while he recovers.

If all goes well, that would put him back to being able to have some sort of basketball activity around September. Training camp usually opens at the end of September.

The surgery is a big blow for a player who hoped to use this summer to focus on improving his basketball skills and reshaping his body to better endure the long NBA season.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...o-knee-surgery

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Are the Nuggets doomed to be a fly-over NBA city condemned to also-ran status because LeBron James did not grow up in Colorado and the lights of LoDo will never shine as brightly as the glitz of Hollywood?

"I think there's a lot of talk about that. I've seen that, I hear that. I'm not a believer in that. I think if you build an organization that people can identify with and believe in, winning speaks volumes," Kroenke said. "There's a lot of ways to skin the cat. But one of them is through free agency, one of them is through the draft and the other one is through trades. We're going to try to improve our roster until we truly have that core of guys who can compete for something for a lengthy period of time."

After requiring nearly two years to recover from a knee surgery that Danilo Gallinari believes was initially botched, the 26-year-old forward finally regained his form late last season and appears now to be a centerpiece in the Nuggets' rebuilding efforts, as is center Jusuf Nurkic, recently named one of the league's 10 best rookies.

While Kroenke steadfastly refuses to offer specific names when talking about plans to aggressively retool the roster prior to opening night of the next NBA season, it's realistic to expect point guard Ty Lawson or forward Kenneth Faried or both to be part of trade discussions prior to the June 25 draft.
    http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...him?source=rss

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

lawson and faried want out

good. . . let's do this!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

just shows the nuggets will never go anywhere.

Watching 2 former nuggets destroy the hawks.

Lets keep trading people away and hope one day that our players are foolish enough to want to play under the kroenke's, but seriously dont hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    lawson and faried want out

good. . . let's do this!
    Best news I've heard all season. Make it happen Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If you were rooting for change and a roster overhaul, you lose.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If you were rooting for change and a roster overhaul, you lose.
    I'm not giving up on some big draft day trades. If Lawson and Faried get traded, I'll happily endure a 20 win season while the re-building process finally begins in earnest. Now if we could overhaul the front office......

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I'm not giving up on some big draft day trades. If Lawson and Faried get traded, I'll happily endure a 20 win season while the re-building process finally begins in earnest. Now if we could overhaul the front office......
    I doubt anyone is going anywhere.

Edit: Oops. One of the Hardwood Paroxysm bloggers was speculating it would happen Tuesday...my bad.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Does anyone want to coach the Nuggets, except the one guy that the organization doesn't want to hire?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Does anyone want to coach the Nuggets, except the one guy that the organization doesn't want to hire?
    No one legit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information