Page 603 of 766 FirstFirst ... 103 503 553 593 601 602 603 604 605 613 653 703 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 11487

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Apparently, the players deserved every ounce of public criticism Shaw gave them. Bunch of losers, but I don't have any faith in the front office fixing that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Apparently, the players deserved every ounce of public criticism Shaw gave them. Bunch of losers, but I don't have any faith in the front office fixing that.
    Shaw also deserved what he got for continually trying to shove square pegs into round holes. The entire thing was and continues to be a cluster ****.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Shaw also deserved what he got for continually trying to shove square pegs into round holes. The entire thing was and continues to be a cluster ****.
    To change to a coach who wants to do something entirely different and give him no pieces to do it, is egregious. What the **** were they thinking?

And, yeah, I guess you have to criticize Shaw for wanting a disciplined team.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Play for the awful kronke family or play for mark Cuban
    ..... not the hardest choice...

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Denver Nuggets get down to full-time coaching search this week

This week, expect the Nuggets to turn up the heat on their search for a new coach. The process is expected to take most if not all of the month.

The Nuggets are looking to replace Brian Shaw, who was fired in the second half of the season. Their list of candidates is believed to include, but is not limited to Melvin Hunt, who took over as interim head coach when Shaw was fired; former NBA head coach Mike D'Antoni; Golden State assistant coach Alvin Gentry; and Scott Brooks, recently fired as Oklahoma City coach. The Nuggets are looking for a coach who will institute a fast-paced style.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...requestid=1446

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

The cards are falling just right for the Nuggets. With the quick hire in OKC, we are the only spot open for someone who wants to be an NBA coach next season. Even with the current roster, they should get some interest from decent coaches. I like Melvin Hunt, but Denver needs to bring in someone that can assure that the inmates aren't running the asylum.

8. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The cards are falling just right for the Nuggets. With the quick hire in OKC, we are the only spot open for someone who wants to be an NBA coach next season. Even with the current roster, they should get some interest from decent coaches. I like Melvin Hunt, but Denver needs to bring in someone that can assure that the inmates aren't running the asylum.
    No more George Karl mentality, in other words.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I don't believe that, as you put it - the inmates aren't running the asylum, would happen with Melvin. The players all like, and totally respect Melvin. IMO, they will not butt heads with him.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Once Denver hires a coach their next step needs to be putting a new blueprint on the top of the roster - get rid of Lawson, trade Faried and get what you can, and move anyone else who refuse to do their job in an environment that doesn't cater to them. Hiring a coach just to cater a bunch of spoiled players who do not take pride in their work isn't going to change the culture of the Denver Nuggets. This is a collective group led by Lawson and Faried who haven't even won a playoff series. We're talking about 2 average to above average players - we are not talking about superstars here.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I don't believe that, as you put it - the inmates aren't running the asylum, would happen with Melvin. The players all like, and totally respect Melvin. IMO, they will not butt heads with him.
    The minute there's adversity with Hunt, and there's adversity with every coach in every system at some point, the inmates have proven they aren't resilient enough to try and play through adversity. Hell, Kenneth Faried even admitted himself he quit's in adversity. And don't give me any BS about not liking their coach. Esecially a coach that has been respected by players in the league that are better than Faried.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

you guys need to stop trying to kiss shaws ass. he is gone.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    The minute there's adversity with Hunt, and there's adversity with every coach in every system at some point, the inmates have proven they aren't resilient enough to try and play through adversity. Hell, Kenneth Faried even admitted himself he quit's in adversity. And don't give me any BS about not liking their coach. Esecially a coach that has been respected by players in the league that are better than Faried.
    Why did Shaw interview how many times for a HC position, and was never hired, until the Nuggets made the mistake and hired him?

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Why did Shaw interview how many times for a HC position, and was never hired, until the Nuggets made the mistake and hired him?
    Why has Hunt interviewed so many times and not got the job?

Players respected Shaw as a coach in playoff winning organizations. Kobe pushed hard for the guy. He turned out to be a terrible Head Coach, but he had the worst possible group of clowns playing for him. When LeBron and the Cavs batted heads with Blatt (the players still do), they didn't decide to quit on him and stop playing - they found a way to make it work. The Cleveland players found a way to make it work within themselves. The Nuggets players said "f" this I'm going to the club - I'm getting paid anyways.

Just because Shaw turned out to be a terrible head coach doesn't mean you give a free hall pass to a bunch of "professional" basketball players in the Denver organization. That's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    you guys need to stop trying to kiss shaws ass. he is gone.

Shaw sucks and he's gone thank god - unfortunately, we're still stuck with these clowns that play for the organization like Faried and Lawson.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information