Page 602 of 766 FirstFirst ... 102 502 552 592 600 601 602 603 604 612 652 702 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

they should just keep hunt. . . gentry is okay, but he's not special-- he'd be the lead guy somewhere now if he was. . . i will be ill if we hire brooks, or that collossal assbag d'antoni-- i want to wipe that stupid smirk off his face with my shoe every time i see it. . . absolutely cannot stand that dude, and he's an awful coach who brings zero defense or toughness to a squad. . . and brooks is just george karl lite-- why in the hell would they want to do that again??

seriously, just let hunt run it, unless/until we actually get some talent. . . as that event certainly isn't emminent, it'll give us plenty of time to evaluate him. . .

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: Nuggets begin coach search with several candidates on list

The Denver Nuggets will begin their coaching search on Thursday, a process that will include serious consideration of interim coach Melvin Hunt, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

After replacing Brian Shaw, Hunt had the Nuggets playing much better basketball, finishing a 30-52 season on a much more competitive 10-13 run.

Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly and president Josh Kroenke plan a broad search with a candidate list that will include – among others – ex-head coaches Michael Malone, Mike D'Antoni, Scott Skiles and Alvin Gentry, league sources said.
    rest - plus more names
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...182544857.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

carol, if you have any connections with the nuggets, can you please call them in? no d'antoni or brooks!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    carol, if you have any connections with the nuggets, can you please call them in? no d'antoni or brooks!
    They would NOT want to hear from me, as I have sent them a few uncomplimentary emails in the past - lol. My ONLY choice would be Melvin. He deserves it, has earned it, and the players really like him.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No more Karl bullshit. Need something, someone new.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...re-candidates/

hoiberg or malone would work for me. . .

the fact that we would even consider that assclown NO D'antoni makes me want to freaking kick puppies, though. . . once again. . . if you want to play fast, have no defense, and lose to superior teams with better schemes and coaching in the playoffs, we were doing that just fine with karl. . .

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...re-candidates/

hoiberg or malone would work for me. . .

the fact that we would even consider that assclown NO D'antoni makes me want to freaking kick puppies, though. . . once again. . . if you want to play fast, have no defense, and lose to superior teams with better schemes and coaching in the playoffs, we were doing that just fine with karl. . .
    If management wants to change it has to go all in. They didn't go all in for Brian Shaw and he and the organization got ******.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

D'Antoni had his shot.

D’Antoni, who also spent four years in the NBA as a player with the Kansas City-Omaha Kings and San Antonio Spurs (3.3 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 1.9 apg, 130 games) and another 13 playing in Italy, made his NBA head coaching debut with the Denver Nuggets during the lockout shortened 1998-99 season. Originally joining the Nuggets as Director of Player Personnel for the 1997-98 campaign, in his lone season on the bench with the Nuggets, he posted a 14-36 (.280) overall record.

12. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

The Nuggets finish with the 7th worst record in the NBA. So come draft day, the pick will either be 1,2,3,7,8,9, or 10. They have a 15% chance of getting one of the top 3 picks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Chauncy! CHauncy! Chauncy!

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

just run with Hunt on a prove it deal. This team and front office are a mess. Hunt is greatly respected around the league for good reason. Rudy T has a few ring and endorses him....but jackson endorsed shaw so there's that

16. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Dempsey: Ty Lawson's time in Denver may be nearing end

As with pretty much anything that hits the Internet, even if it's deleted, it doesn't mean it's gone.

Ty Lawson knows that.

His last basketball-related words as a Nuggets player could be a simple, fateful phrase.

"I wish."

Last week on Instagram he was asked by a Dallas Mavericks fan to come play for Dallas. His reply: "I wish."

Lawson soon after deleted the post, but the damage was done, the contents already burned into the heads of Nuggets fans.

And, most important — or unfortunate, depending on your point of view in this one — it was burned into the organization's head.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...be-nearing-end

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

from same article:

During the latter stages of the regular season, word circulated throughout the league that Lawson wanted out of Denver.

While that does not appear to be the case right now, it was clear that former Nuggets coach Brian Shaw and Lawson did not get along, and that left Shaw in position time and again to try to explain why he couldn't get Lawson to be more aggressive.

The answer, of course, was Lawson wasn't going to play hard 100 percent of the time for a coach he didn't like.
    http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...be-nearing-end

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Man. Tried hard to like him. Get him the hell out of Denver and bring in somebody who is going to give a shit.

Denver doesn't need a diva who isn't that good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

You know the Nuggets suck when Lawson gets this much press. On any contending team he'd be damn near an after-thought.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information