Page 598 of 766 FirstFirst ... 98 498 548 588 596 597 598 599 600 608 648 698 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,970 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    This is a worse case scenario, IMO.

This clown Hunt might just get these guys to play well enough to make the idiot ownership think this team might have a chance, and moving forward there won't be much changes, leading to a consistently average team year in and year out.

Fools gold.
    And what exactly do you know about Melvin Hunt. Do a google search, and he is highly thought of around the NBA.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    And what exactly do you know about Melvin Hunt. Do a google search, and he is highly thought of around the NBA.
    But he still has a shitty roster. He wasn't criticizing Hunt. He was criticizing ownership.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Shaw experience a lesson for Nuggets

from article - and this is not a local article:

Brian Shaw loves to tell stories.

Ask him why he didn't play Darrell Arthur more, and he might launch into a story about Phil Jackson and the Lakers.

Ask him about the development of a certain player, and he'll tell you about his time with Paul George and the Indiana Pacers.

Talk to him about his difficulties relating to his players, and he'll have a story about when he played with Larry Bird.

Every answer is an anecdote and every anecdote a reminder that Brian Shaw has experience.

That experience is what made him such an attractive hire for the Denver Nuggets in the first place. He'd learned under the Zen Master, worked with Kobe Bryant, helped develop Indiana's defense into a juggernaut and George into a star and played with some of the league's legends. That's the résumé of a head coach.

The problem is experience can take someone only so far. At some point, he has to become his own coach, not simply an amalgamation of his influences.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...on-for-nuggets

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    But he still has a shitty roster. He wasn't criticizing Hunt. He was criticizing ownership.
    UM - he stated "this clown Hunt" -

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    UM - he stated "this clown Hunt" -
    And there's probably a reason he's never been hired to be a head coach. The exact same thing that led a bunch of people to bitch about Shaw.

Firing Shaw only fixes a minuscule problem.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Denver Nuggets: Numbers Show Melvin Hunt Is Right Head Coach

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Who is Denver Nuggets interim coach Melvin Hunt

some things from article:

"He's a huge personality, that's Melvin: personality," said Ty Lawson. "He knows how to motivate people. And also to get people, I'm not going to blow smoke in their face, but he knows how to get the best out of everybody - even if he's gassing a little bit. Sometimes you need that as a coach."

It's good to hear that Melvin, who before the game joked that his team would look, "...light skinned and chubby" in his image, can also have a serious side, but still find a way to motivate even when he's not liking what he's seeing on the court. Last night we saw more organization during timeouts, Melvin up and working the refs, and instructing his team. And after the win, we saw Hunt steal Lawson's headband and pat his point guard on the chest. Motivation.

You can't help but be drawn to Melvin Hunt. His positive energy and willingness to talk about the game are contagious. I was impressed with Hunt and wanted to see what, then coach, George Karl thought of him. Karl told me that Hunt had "the voice" to be an NBA head coach, and Karl would be rooting for him to one day get that opportunity. Melvin is a born communicator and will be a great voice for the Nuggets the rest of the way. I don't know how seriously the Nuggets will look at Hunt to be their next permanent head coach, but he will be a positive light the rest of this season. Sooner or later, some team will take a shot on Hunt to run their team, and it's my hope that he truly succeeds.
    full article - http://www.denverstiffs.com/2015/3/4...ch-melvin-hunt

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It still doesn't matter who the head coach is as long as the front office doesn't support him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yeah, the Nuggets are truly one of the biggest messes in the NBA. I hope that Hunt can make a difference. They are playing hard now at least. I don't think the franchise will change a whole lot until we get new ownership. Until then, I'll keep rooting for them regardless of how painful it is. My son and I are going to the game on tomorrow night against the Warriors. Should be fun to watch the Splash brothers go to work.
    Saw that the Warriors are resting Curry and Thompson tonight - sorry dude.

My son and I went to the Nuggets-Warriors game tonight. Obviously, it was a huge disappointment that the Warriors sat their star players. We were looking forward to seeing them play. Steve Kerr is definitely off of my Christmas list. Here are my observations from row 1 at the free throw line:

1. Nurcic is a big big kid. It's hard to believe that he's only 20 years old. He's also a very confident kid. He carries himself extremely well.
    2. Faried is a very effective player when the other team is shooting poorly. He's great at rebounding and running the floor. His shooting range is 0-2 feet, but he is an elite athlete.
    3. JJ Hickson is fun to watch warm up and play. The guy just loves life, loves his job and is always smiling and having fun.
    4. Gary Harris is a defensive beast on the perimeter. Justin Holiday was going off all night from the 3 point line (5-7). When Harris was guarding him, he couldn't even get one off. Harris was on him like a glove in the short minutes that he played.
    5. Gallo looks like the old Gallo. Good to see him healthy.
    6. Melvin Hunt is always teaching. Every time the players were shooting free throws from either team he was on the sideline giving instructions to the Nuggets guards.

13. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

It still doesn't matter who the head coach is as long as the front office doesn't support him.
    you are hilarious.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    you are hilarious.
    Don't worry, it's just the weed, druggie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Don't worry, it's just the weed, druggie.
    i love how you just cant admit you were wrong. Then continue to make these snickering comments every page or so like anyone gives a shit about Brian Shaw. GET OVER IT. Nuggets are on to new exciting things.

Then when pointed out, you call me a druggie. You must have alot of friends outside of this forum. You are making yourself look like a clown. By all means, keep it up.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 03-14-2015 at 04:21 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i love how you just cant admit you were wrong. Then continue to make these snickering comments every page or so like anyone gives a shit about Brian Shaw. GET OVER IT.

Then when pointed out, you call me a druggie. You must have alot of friends outside of this forum. You are making yourself look like a clown. By all means, keep it up.
    I was wrong about Shaw.

I wish firing him fixed the problems with this organization, but it doesn't. It's not that simple. The only clown here is your trolling ass.

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Heaven forbid someone try to instill some discipline on this damn team. We saw how well that worked. Inmates running the asylum, so they threw the doctor out.
    I absolutely am not propping Shaw up. A massive part of his failure to win games lies on an inept front office and players who quit on him. I don't even know how you judge him with all the other crap going on this organization.

Hell, the point guard is better at leading the post game party than he is at leading the team.
    And there's probably a reason he's never been hired to be a head coach. The exact same thing that led a bunch of people to bitch about Shaw.

Firing Shaw only fixes a minuscule problem.

Anyone else just see Andre Miller's air ball with a minute left in Miami?

:clutch:
    me thinks thou doth protest to much
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 03-14-2015 at 04:29 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information