Page 593 of 767 FirstFirst ... 93 493 543 583 591 592 593 594 595 603 643 693 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,895 of 11496

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

MINNEAPOLIS — Denver forward Wilson Chandler agreed, to some extent, with comments made by Indiana Pacers forward David West that Brian Shaw was fired because the Nuggets don't have "grown-ups" on the roster.

West played under Shaw when he was a Pacers assistant from 2011-13. After Shaw was fired Tuesday as Nuggets coach, West, in an apparent reference to the team's lack of maturity, told Vigilant Sports: "No grown-ups on the roster. You can't win without grown-ups."

"I saw it," Chandler said before Wednesday's victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves at the Target Center. "I mean, it's probably true, but he's entitled to his own opinion. I'm not saying we're immature. We just need to be professionals all the time. ... Winning games, I mean, is on the players and coaches, so it probably did (contribute to losses)."
    http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...ter?source=rss

When asked after the game if the Timberwolves were expecting the Nuggets to come out with more life after Shaw's departure, Garnett simply said this:
    "No, to be honest, they quit on Brian Shaw -- I thought they'd quit again. A quitter's a quitter. That was my take on that."
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/3/5...ggets-quitters
    By the time the Indiana Pacers had wrapped up practice on Tuesday, the news had circulated.

It had not been 40 minutes since Chris Dempsey of the Denver Post reported that the Nuggets had fired Brian Shaw, and the move was not yet official.

But Brian Shaw is adored around Bankers Life Fieldhouse so it’s not surprising that word had spread. And guys — players and staff alike — were upset.

“Yeah, I heard,” Paul George said as he walked by.

“That’s bulls—, man,” David West told me, clearly irked by the news. “That’s bulls—. [Denver's front office] never gave him a team. No grown-ups on the roster. You can’t win without grown-ups.”
    http://www.vigilantsports.com/2015/0...of-brian-shaw/

Sounds like we have some serious maturity problems on this team, as reported throughout the season. Shaw wasn't perfect, but he was dealt a bad hand. I wish him luck wherever he goes, and hope the Nuggets get this all sorted out.

hopefully the next coach comes in and gets rid of all these bums. 100% turnover. What a garbage roster of players.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    hopefully the next coach comes in and gets rid of all these bums. 100% turnover. What a garbage roster of players.
    The coach doesn't have the power now. Karl screwed Denver with all these moves and then Denver's front office changed the philosophy at head coach and didn't change the roster to fit the philosophy. It's just a giant mess.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The coach doesn't have the power now. Karl screwed Denver with all these moves and then Denver's front office changed the philosophy at head coach and didn't change the roster to fit the philosophy. It's just a giant mess.
    Well it seems to me that if a coach can't play to the strengths of his players, he's not doing a very good job. Either he doesn't know how or has to much of an ego to do so.
    Either way, Shaw sucked and I'm glad he's gone. And yes, It is a giant mess right now.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

5. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Well it seems to me that if a coach can't play to the strengths of his players, he's not doing a very good job. Either he doesn't know how or has to much of an ego to do so.
    Either way, Shaw sucked and I'm glad he's gone. And yes, It is a giant mess right now.
    I agree with everything you said, except that I do not feel it is a giant mess right now. I think Shaw created the giant mess.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I agree with everything you said, except that I do not feel it is a giant mess right now. I think Shaw created the giant mess.
    How did Shaw create the mess?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post

You were expecting a coach with absolutley no head coaching experience at any level to come in and coach a bunch of players that didn't fit what he knows? I would think that's hard. I would think it's hard enough for a coach with absolutely no head coaching experience and coach about a bunch of players on a roster with below average NBA talent as it is.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    You were expecting a coach with absolutley no head coaching experience at any level to come in and coach a bunch of players that didn't fit what he knows? I would think that's hard. I would think it's hard enough for a coach with absolutely no head coaching experience and coach about a bunch of players on a roster with below average NBA talent as it is.
    Then obviously, the first finger pointing should go at Management for hiring a coach that does not fit the players on the team.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Does Chauncey Billups want to be the Nuggets’ next coach?

http://sportsshow.denverpost.com/201...ts-next-coach/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So does Denver really have any choice now other than to go into Philly mode the next two years and just bottom out and hope to hit it big in the lottery?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Then obviously, the first finger pointing should go at Management for hiring a coach that does not fit the players on the team.
    Absolutely. They hired a coach to bring a system that is more conducive to winning in the playoffs. Then they didn't formulate the roster to allow anyone to be successful in the organization, coach or players. They had the right idea, but didn't overhaul the roster to follow through with that idea.

Their marquee move in the last two years was to bring back a guy from the old system in Aflalo.

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Correct - we're still stuck with managament, and even worse, Kroenke's, which is why this is one big mess.

Interesting to hear from The Drive guests on how Denver Nuggets have been a joke around the NBA among both players and front office for some time now, and the perception has even worsened with the firing of Shaw.

Adopted Bronco:

Default What Is the Gregg Popovich System?

from article:

He has no system.

Yup, none. A lot of coaches like to run the same schemes every year. Phil Jackson is famous for the triangle offense. Tom Thibodeau is the master of the strong-side box defense. Mike D'Antoni is synonymous with his seven-seconds-or-less system. But Popovich? Nothing comes to mind.

And there's a reason for this. Rather than fitting his players into his system, he designs a system around his players. The way the Spurs play now has almost nothing in common with how they played when Popovich started coaching 18 years ago. However, what has remained consistent is his approach.

Popovich does four things extremely well.

Develop his players.
    Choose the best strategies for his players.
    Choose the best tactics for the situation.
    Get his players to execute his strategy and tactics.

Having good players is half the battle, but Popovich's excellence doesn't stop there. Once he's built an impressive roster, he creates offensive and defensive systems that maximize his players' strengths. Popovich's ability to put his players in the situations they thrive in lets him get the most out of the talent he has.
    full article - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/quora/...b_4958150.html

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Garnett and West are right, the Nuggets players are gutless and quiters, Lawson and The Minimal should be traded, losers.

The Denver No-guts.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    LOL.

You are blaming Karl for Shaw's failures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information