Page 589 of 767 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 599 639 689 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 11491

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 44m

Unless something else emerges between now and deadline, Denver is done dealing today, league source tells Yahoo.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    And IMO, never will with Shaw as coach.
    Never will with Kroenke as owner/GM/everything Denver.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Denver won by getting rid of McGee. If there was only a way we could have moved Lawson as well it would have been great player movement by Denver.

And IMO, never will with Shaw as coach.
    Well we disagree there Carol. Shaw got a raw deal. He's a coach that knows what it takes to win. He was given a loser roster. He inherited a bunch of guys that could put up good regular season stats by playing run and gun and then get smoked every year in the playoffs. Outside of Wilson Chandler, the Nuggets don't have a single player that can excel on both ends of the court. That will never win a championship in the NBA. Shaw knows that it takes defense and half court basketball. He knows what to coach, he just doesn't have the players to execute it. I think the Nuggets are on their way to re-shaping this roster. More trades will come when the draft comes.

Shaw got a terrible deal.

His roster of players were garbage, and his roster of players were even more garbage for his system. He's also an inexperienced coach who had to find his way with a roster full of garbage players and a management that doesn't have a clue wtf they are doing. I think Shaw will be a great head coach someday, just not in Denver.

It's becoming more clear to me that for as underwhelming as Karl was in Denver, he in an ironic about way, performed a miracle here with what he achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Denver won by getting rid of McGee. If there was only a way we could have moved Lawson as well it would have been great player movement by Denver.
    Overall the Nuggets have done well. They lost Mozzy (which gives Nurcic a chance to develop). They also gave up a very good player in Aaron Afflalo. In return, they've gained 2 first round picks, a second, a very good young defensive presence in the post, and dumped one of the worst contracts in the NBA. I think Faried and Lawson will be trade bait at draft time.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I don't buy the "Shaw got screwed" narrative. Granted, he was saddled with a bunch of ill-fitting pieces, but he has mismanaged everything so badly at every turn. It's hard to envision ANY coach ANYWHERE doing a worse job than he's done this year.

Nobody expected him to come in and win a championship - but he should have been able to steer the team clear of dumpster fire territory - he's got talented players on the roster who won a bunch of games with Karl.

He should have been fired the day he accused his players of losing intentionally. The franchise is completely dysfunctional with him at the helm.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't buy the "Shaw got screwed" narrative. Granted, he was saddled with a bunch of ill-fitting pieces, but he has mismanaged everything so badly at every turn. It's hard to envision ANY coach ANYWHERE doing a worse job than he's done this year.

Nobody expected him to come in and win a championship - but he should have been able to steer the team clear of dumpster fire territory - he's got talented players on the roster who won a bunch of games with Karl.

He should have been fired the day he accused his players of losing intentionally. The franchise is completely dysfunctional with him at the helm.
    Exactly - I have zero respect for him - more than once, he threw the players under the bus publicly. I can not believe any player would want to play for him. How could any player have any respect for him?

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

12. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Shaw should have never been hired in the first place. The people more incompetent than Shaw is the front office. You don't hire a guy with zero experience to coach a garbage roster of players who don't even fit his system. Denver NUggets is arguably one of the worst front offices in the NBA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Exactly - I have zero respect for him - more than once, he threw the players under the bus publicly. I can not believe any player would want to play for him. How could any player have any respect for him?
    I get where he's coming from - he's got some losers for players. So I understand his frustration. But he's the head coach and needs to act like it.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Shaw should have never been hired in the first place. The people more incompetent than Shaw is the front office. You don't hire a guy with zero experience to coach a garbage roster of players who don't even fit his system. Denver NUggets is arguably one of the worst front offices in the NBA.
    I guess I am one of a few who did not consider the Nuggets roster a garbage roster. They were built to run. They also needed a coach who was not a HC for the first time, and had interviewed with how many other teams for their HC position, but was never offered the position.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

I guess I am one of a few who did not consider the Nuggets roster a garbage roster. They were built to run. They also needed a coach who was not a HC for the first time, and had interviewed with how many other teams for their HC position, but was never offered the position.
    it's a gimmick roster that profited off Karl's system and more importantly the altitude in Denver, and could only win one way - and when the playoffs came about it proved what a fraud the team was. The team that succeeded under Karl was like a Tebow QB, or an option offense in football. It's hard to all of a sudden play a game like that when your used of more conventional NBA style, but the playoffs proved that when a team gameplans around that style in a best of 7 series it just wasn't going to be successful. Faried is a unique player that isn't going to be successful in a slug it out style. He thrives in uptempo, which is not what the playoffs are about.

The NBA is a proven style of what wins in the playoffs. You need a scheme that can win more than 1 way, you need star players that can be successful in the halfcourt. You need to be able to play defense. There wasn't anything about the Nuggets in Karl's scheme, as well as the players on the roster, that could be successful playing that style when they were looking for a new coach. There isn't to this day players on the team that can play that style, and that includes guys like Faried.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

shaw actually resorted to reading a book on how to connect with millenials because he doesn't understand today's players. . . he cancelled shoot-arounds so guys could stay out and party later, and at one point was considering confiscating cell phones. . . come on, this isn't high school! dude is painfully out of touch-- he may be a brilliant X's and O's guy for all i know, but he's not a leader. . .

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Chris Dempsey @dempseypost · 2h

#Nuggets will officially sign Joffrey Lauvergne today as well

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    shaw actually resorted to reading a book on how to connect with millenials because he doesn't understand today's players. . . he cancelled shoot-arounds so guys could stay out and party later, and at one point was considering confiscating cell phones. . . come on, this isn't high school! dude is painfully out of touch-- he may be a brilliant X's and O's guy for all i know, but he's not a leader. . .
    IMO, all that is is Shaw trying to put the blame on the players, rather than facing the fact that he lost the team. He was the associate head coach with the Pacers before being hired by the Nuggets. Do his comments mean that he did not understand the players on the Pacers either - I think not.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information