Page 584 of 766 FirstFirst ... 84 484 534 574 582 583 584 585 586 594 634 684 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I would like them to keep Lawson.

So what's the end game if you sell, sell, sell? Okafor?
    They'd have to really really tank to get there. There are some really horrible teams this year that Denver would have to catch up to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    They'd have to really really tank to get there. There are some really horrible teams this year that Denver would have to catch up to.
    Denver has a trade exception and three first round picks. Even if you lose the lottery, if you're in the Top 8-10 you could make a move for the top pick.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Denver has a trade exception and three first round picks. Even if you lose the lottery, if you're in the Top 8-10 you could make a move for the top pick.
    What is a trade exception MO?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I would like them to keep Lawson.

So what's the end game if you sell, sell, sell? Okafor?
    sure, but i doubt we can get there. . . at this point, i'd think you bleed the roster down to the deadline, planning on tanking hard for a top-three pick next year-- which could organically get us a top ten pick in the coming draft as well. . . then you hopefully come back with some legit young talent and a ton of cap space for the '16-17 season. . . something like that. . . FTR, i also wouldn't mind keeping lawson, but i'm not sure we lose enough to get a high pick if we do. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    What is a trade exception MO?
    Denver traded away more salary than it received, so they can then use that to go get a player, even if his salary raises the Nuggets cap number above the cap. You have a year to use the exception.

Denver may not use it. But if they made a run at a top player in the draft, they could use the exception to bring in a bigger name player than they could otherwise, had they not made the Mozgov trade.

There's a cap too it, though. They can't trade the entire salary of the team and then go millions above the cap. Not that the Nuggets would do that anyway, or afford to do that in terms of straight cash.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    sure, but i doubt we can get there. . . at this point, i'd think you bleed the roster down to the deadline, planning on tanking hard for a top-three pick next year-- which could organically get us a top ten pick in the coming draft as well. . . then you hopefully come back with some legit young talent and a ton of cap space for the '16-17 season. . . something like that. . . FTR, i also wouldn't mind keeping lawson, but i'm not sure we lose enough to get a high pick if we do. . .
    Denver has a Top 11 pick as of now. If they did trade more players off, that would get worse. Playing in the West actually helps the tanking prospects, because by the end of the season, the bottom half of the east should have some inflated win totals because of how bad the entire conference is.

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Denver can also use the exception to take a bad contract off another team's hands, preferably an expiring contract.

That's where it comes into play in the draft.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

i don't know much about okafor. . . but if he IS viewed as a legit franchise-changing player, it seems pretty unlikely that a team like the knicks or sixers would trade down for a package of lesser assets. . .

unless the knicks want to dump melo back on us. . .

philly doesn't have any bad contracts they need to shed, though-- and they haven't tanked all this time to acquire anything else we can offer. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Conspiracy theory side note - I think it's weird how Cleveland's GM came out and praised Connelly. Makes me wonder if he was one of the anonymous executives providing quotes in the ESPN piece and had a guilty conscience.

Chris Dempsey ‏@dempseypost 1h1 hour ago

Cavs GM David Griffin on Nugs GM Tim Connelly: "I would hope that this gets written as (Connelly) doing an unbelievable job, because he did"

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i don't know much about okafor. . . but if he IS viewed as a legit franchise-changing player, it seems pretty unlikely that a team like the knicks or sixers would trade down for a package of lesser assets. . .

unless the knicks want to dump melo back on us. . .

philly doesn't have any bad contracts they need to shed, though-- and they haven't tanked all this time to acquire anything else we can offer. . .
    That's true. I don't know enough to know if that's how Okafor is viewed. He's a talented big, though. It's be nice to see Denver try to make a move for him. You're right if Philly gets the top pick they probably wouldn't part with it. Phil Jackson might.

Adopted Bronco:

Denver has a Top 11 pick as of now. If they did trade more players off, that would get worse. Playing in the West actually helps the tanking prospects, because by the end of the season, the bottom half of the east should have some inflated win totals because of how bad the entire conference is.
    so, sell it all, get say a 3-5 pick this year, and 1-3 next year? and build around those two players, plus nurkic and harris? then bring in a couple quality free agents? i can roll with that. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 01-08-2015 at 03:31 AM.

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Okafor is going #1, and I don't see any team that has a chance to get him trading the pick. He is viewed as a guy that you can build a franchise around and a legit 1st pick of the draft. Denver is due for some lottery luck. With every trade that the Nuggets make, the chances increase. It also gives the young guys like Harris and Nurkic a chance to develop early. Nurkic has star potential down the road. Harris looks like he could be a solid starter if he ever remembers how to shoot the ball. He plays phenomenal perimeter defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Nuggets agreed to send guard Nate Robinson to Celtics for Jameer Nelson

The Nuggets have agreed to send backup guard Nate Robinson to the Celtics in exchange for point guard Jameer Nelson, according to an NBA source.

This will be Robinson's second stint in Boston; he was traded there by the Knicks in 2010 and spent parts of two seasons with the Celtics, averaging 6.9 points and 1.9 assists.

Robinson's contract expires at the end of this season, at which point he'll enter unrestricted free agency.

The trade was first reported by Yahoo.
    http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...celtics-jameer

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Report: Nuggets on verge trading Nate Robinson to Celtics for Jameer Nelson

The Nuggets are on the verge of trading point guard Nate Robinson to the Celtics for point guard Jameer Nelson, reports Yahoo! Sports. Robinson is on the final year of the two-year deal reportedly worth $4.1 million he signed before the start of the 2013-14 season. He is expected to get a buyout with the Celtics. No draft picks are involved in the deal.
    rest - http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...son-to-celtics

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    OK? I guess I don't understand this move unless we felt like we wouldn't be able to find a backup PG in the offseason. What am I overlooking?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information